Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Has OMAC saved Utopia?
Yes it is on the rise 16 11.43%
Well maybe we will see 70 50.00%
No they just caught the end of the ride 26 18.57%
No hell no 28 20.00%
Who voted? Voters: 140
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(16-Oct-2008 at 21:50)

Has OMAC saved Utopia?

The question is simple.

Has OMAC saved Utopia?

“Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything, tolerance is for the weak and oppressed"
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bierkrug Add Bierkrug to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Oct-2008 at 21:54)

I think OMAC slowed the death down an age or so but it will still end soon.

“Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything, tolerance is for the weak and oppressed"
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bierkrug Add Bierkrug to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Oct-2008 at 22:54)

No, but I wouldn't have expected them to do so in three months.
I feel they are more capable of resurrecting it than Mehul would have been.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / Æ
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(16-Oct-2008 at 23:17)

OMAC had the advantage of a clean slate and 3 think they didn't use that advantage very well. They just made changes on whimes and started to mess around with the rules. They have the potential to change things around still, but they really need to change their actions.

As someone said to me, they can't begin to draw in new people until they figure everything out internally, so they really need to get a move on with that.
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Oct-2008 at 05:30)

I think we need to compare the numbers of players still here after the neet age to see the if the trend is still the same or not.

Since I don' t play Utopia right now all I can say that UT is feeling the pain. This place is empty.

Last edited by Bierkrug, 17-Oct-2008 at 05:31.
(Posted as Eldarad)
Donated $9.01
(17-Oct-2008 at 23:24)

I guess by "saving" though, we need to think about "maintaining Utopia as a profit-generating business" - which presumably has always been the case or else Mehul would have jacked it in ages ago.

OMAC's view of saving Utopia is, I imagine, preserving the revenue stream and not necessarily the player-base. Although there is obviously some overlap.

You only have power over people as long as you don't take everything from them.
But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he is free again.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Adderla Add Adderla to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old VaX It's a boy!
(20-Oct-2008 at 07:23)
I think the good old days of Utopia and our over 100 000 players are gone. But I think this will help bring life back into Utopia, at least long enough to get a few more years out of the game.

It is sad, I started in age two and seen the game at its peak and it is truly sad to say those days are gone.

Regardless of if we are right or wrong, history will form its own opinions.

If your not willing to die for democracy then you shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by VaX Add VaX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Oct-2008 at 11:58)
I sincerely doubt it.

I played from 2001 to end 2006, but afther that the decline just kicked in.
Been a while since I was here, even forgot my acc info on UT

made 2 more accounts aftherthat but quit before i was out of prot 0o...

Its to small nowadays, and they messed it up with all the changes to the orginal races imo
View Public Profile Find more posts by ExDad Add ExDad to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Post has been warned)
(27-Oct-2008 at 12:42)
Re: Has OMAC saved Utopia?

Originally Posted by Eldarad: View Post
I guess by "saving" though, we need to think about "maintaining Utopia as a profit-generating business" - which presumably has always been the case or else Mehul would have jacked it in ages ago.

OMAC's view of saving Utopia is, I imagine, preserving the revenue stream and not necessarily the player-base. Although there is obviously some overlap.
QFT
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ainumahtar Add Ainumahtar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $3.64
(02-Nov-2008 at 10:01)

what is this omac thing?

Todays letter is brought to you by the letter "3"- Thats how many joints I smoked today.
Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding
If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.

Nothing to see here....go away!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Karupt Add Karupt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Jan-2009 at 22:05)

Originally Posted by VaX: View Post
I think the good old days of Utopia and our over 100 000 players are gone. But I think this will help bring life back into Utopia, at least long enough to get a few more years out of the game.

It is sad, I started in age two and seen the game at its peak and it is truly sad to say those days are gone.
it was only ever that large with multi's
View Public Profile Visit morticianjohn's homepage Find more posts by morticianjohn Add morticianjohn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Jan-2009 at 05:13)

Well this is only part ture as look at all the poelpe who don't play anymore or the numbers of poeple here. Look at the numbers of the most poeple on UT at once in 2003 over 1000 there might be 300 total active folks here now. There was about 10000 then.

(14-Mar-2009 at 17:02)

Interesting to see what people think now?

(18-Apr-2009 at 04:36)

Honestly, I quit a while ago. When I heard OMAC was involved I tried again.

I don't think they've spiced it up enough. It doesn't seem like anything is going to revive this old game to its former glory.

It's probably best to just let the sleeping dog lie. Don't drag it out anymore.

...The ShadowMachine...
Swedish Pride!!
Red+Purple=HAPPINESS!
View Public Profile Find more posts by ShadowMachine Add ShadowMachine to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Jun-2009 at 23:40)

Originally Posted by morticianjohn: View Post
it was only ever that large with multi's

again the weird multi thing ....... being an active alliance member and in the past being very active in the social aspect of utopia I've come across thousands of people from around the globe ..... where they all multi's

Just too fucking weird.

Anyhow originally I thought with the ability to have easier net access with mobile phones and the new features ( trading and such ) added by OMAC that they might give utopia a second life.

But their stunning incompetence is killing it faster then moofool ever did.

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote