Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Alliances Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Emperor FireFox)
(22-Aug-2002 at 00:43)
exclamation mark Utopia Diplomat Corps Reformed

The new Utopia Diplomat Corps is now open to all diplomats. After an age of closure to evaluate the purpose and direction of the UDC, it has now been restructured and opened afresh, seeking to return to it's original goal, to promote and encourage diplomacy between Utopians.

The Utopia Diplomat Corps is designed to give diplomatic aid to any individual province, kingdom, or alliance and to further the use of diplomacy in Utopia. Any diplomat is welcome at the Utopia Diplomat Corps to assist us in our goal.

The Utopia Diplomat Corps is working with the various schools and organizations designed to teaching the future Utopian Diplomats under the Diplomat Accredition Program, and all such sites of learning are welcome to join the UDC under this program. Current affiliated schools are as follows:

Independant Utopia University

Utopia Diplomacy School

Zea Diplomatic University

The Utopia Diplomat Corps has now reunified with the Gathering. The Utopia Diplomat Corps will deal with all matters relating to diplomacy, and The Gathering will host alliance affairs.

-Retired Utopian-
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sir FireFox Add Sir FireFox to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Aug-2002 at 01:06)
tests?

I remember my alliance leader talking about UDC and tests for diplomats.

do they still have the diplomat tests that were used to find out if the diplomat in training is ready to join or were they lost when the "closed for evalutation" thing happened?

"I'm kind of like Han Solo, always stroking my wookie" "Well Mr.Mcfeely, if there's postage due, you can go fu** yourself like captain Kangaroo" Blood Hound Gang
View Public Profile Find more posts by Damond Add Damond to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Aug-2002 at 03:56)
Well, the various schools have their own tests. The UDC has never had any tests, but it probably will in the future. At this time the leaders are collaborating on whether or not to create a test that new diplomats will be required to take if they are to recieve the diplomat rank in UDC.

-Retired Utopian-
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sir FireFox Add Sir FireFox to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Aug-2002 at 11:45)
Introducing: Mediator Honour and Valour of the UDC!

At the moment, it's looking more likely that we will ensure that the tests at the accredited schools of the Utopia Diplomat Corps are all sufficient to cover the relevant material and to train diplomats to the appropriate level; as of such, this will save time and make things easier for diplomats and organizers alike.

Rolyata
Unaffiliated Individual
Anti-Alliance
View Public Profile Visit Honor and Valor's homepage Find more posts by Honor and Valor Add Honor and Valor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Aug-2002 at 14:53)
ok thanks

"I'm kind of like Han Solo, always stroking my wookie" "Well Mr.Mcfeely, if there's postage due, you can go fu** yourself like captain Kangaroo" Blood Hound Gang
View Public Profile Find more posts by Damond Add Damond to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Aug-2002 at 23:25)
Current Leaders

The current UDC leaders are:

Trent Silverleaf - Founder

Jaco - Regulator
Quatre - Regulator

Honour and Valour - Mediator
Crontomio - Mediator

FireFox - Moderator
Flavius Aetius - Moderator
Aristotle - Moderator
Lord Byron - Moderator
Proffessor - Moderator

Founder: Full site admin
Regulator: Everything except Site Control, Advanced Layout, and Moderator
Mediator: Same as Regulator except without Users
Moderator: Only Moderator priveleges

The first person in each group of ranks above is assumed to be the person in charge of that group.

-Retired Utopian-
(23-Aug-2002 at 00:10)
Hmmm - I thought Proff was a mediator last time I looked.

Rolyata
Unaffiliated Individual
Anti-Alliance
View Public Profile Visit Honor and Valor's homepage Find more posts by Honor and Valor Add Honor and Valor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Aug-2002 at 06:31)
Sorry H&V, you're right, i thought he was one of my boys.

-Retired Utopian-
Old FTF
(Posted as God Of Phun)
Donated $0.52
(02-Sep-2002 at 23:43)
a comfort

Well at least we now know that the diplomats are now contained within one place.

Like herding a bunch of flies into an empty room and shutting the door.

It a comfort to know that everyone knows where they are.
View Public Profile Visit FTF's homepage Find more posts by FTF Add FTF to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Sep-2002 at 10:30)
There are many diplomats at all alliances as well, God of Phun, if you are so desperate to remove diplomacy from the game.

Anyway, on another note I have resigned from the UDC government due to time restrictions and will now no longer be commenting officially for them here.

Rolyata
Unaffiliated Individual
Anti-Alliance
Old FTF
(Posted as God Of Phun)
Donated $0.52
(03-Sep-2002 at 15:40)
careless

Im quite aware of that.

Well let's hope nothing bad happens to the diplomatic corps whilst your busy. It would be a shame to lose a generation of new diplomats.

I mean, all that red tape...wasted...

View Public Profile Visit FTF's homepage Find more posts by FTF Add FTF to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Sep-2002 at 17:06)
Do you actually have:

a) Any idea as to the reasons for the existence of diplomat?
b) Any constructive comments, questions or statements to post in this thread?

Rolyata
Unaffiliated Individual
Anti-Alliance
(03-Sep-2002 at 17:44)
I always wondered what the point of the UDC was. I remember when it was first set up and I don't think its ever done anything of note in the 10 ages or so I remember it being around.

What Evil Lurks...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ironballs Add Ironballs to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old FTF
(Posted as God Of Phun)
Donated $0.52
(03-Sep-2002 at 18:02)
im not alone then

one point being, to make the game more and more nitty - gritty with red tape wherever you go.

The divine hand that created this game never wished for the presence of verminous bell boys to overrule this game with their arrogance.

Alliances and corps, whatever, were not intended for the game, and therefore haven't the right to dictate their codes of honour upon the game and its players. These "academy - trained" diplomats and office-boys claim that they aim to oversee the game being played "as it was meant to be". Their existence in such organisations is an out cry against the spirit of the game itself.

Organisations were created to destroy "dishonourable" play. Today they provoke it. And the diplomat is the one who provokes the bloodshed and the endless misery for some, with his/her arrogance and the desire to be in an organisation - to save himself.

erm, thats it. Time for coffee
Donated $15.00
(03-Sep-2002 at 19:13)

Quote:
Alliances and corps, whatever, were not intended for the game, and therefore haven't the right to dictate their codes of honour upon the game and its players.
You almost made a good point there. There are certain things that are widly eccepted as honorable and dishonorable boy the general utopian players.
Dishonorable Actions
1. Gangbanging another player for a single op or attack
2. Double hostile to help friends
3. Bottom feeding

these are just a few of the things dip's and there orginizations try to get worked out no there is no written code of laws for honorable and dishonorable but there are things that are widly agreed to be dishonorable and shouldnt be done.

My purpose in life is to make yours worse

Last edited by Starfriend, 03-Sep-2002 at 20:44.
Edit reason: fixed the vB code
View Public Profile Find more posts by SantanzChild Add SantanzChild to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Manshoon Clone3)
(03-Sep-2002 at 19:29)

God of Phun,
You obviously have no idea what UDC is. UDC has never tried to dictate anything to anyone. Its purpose has always been to bascially try and talk with people about ending disputes before they turn too ugly and ruin someone's round. No military has ever been used by UDC. I would think anti-alliance people would praise the UDC for trying to help people without ever using military in-game.
Also, I fail to see how just talking to people ruins a game where socialization is encouraged. Please explain this to me in detail?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Manshoon Add Manshoon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Forsaken Wolf)
Donated $1.08
(03-Sep-2002 at 20:17)

*raises hand*

Question?

Is this not a war game? So why try to prevent wars?

Fade Away[/center][/size]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kelroth Add Kelroth to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Nazgul X)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(03-Sep-2002 at 20:48)

Well, Forsaken Wolf, you see, there are wars, and there are wars. And as you've undoubtedly seen in Utopia, there's 1 on 1 war, and there's 5 to 1 wars... hell there's even 20 to 1 wars.

Would YOU like to be that single 1 in the latter example? It might not be fair, but it’s what Utopia has become. Welcome to ‘reality’ my friend.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old FTF
(Posted as God Of Phun)
Donated $0.52
(03-Sep-2002 at 21:46)
please read carefully next time...

Since i was enlightened earlier in this thread, i decided to make the comments more general.

On no occasion did I use the initials UDC!

I've made my comment, and there is clearly no dormant form of response, so i'll bid you adieu.
(Posted as Dax NI)
(04-Sep-2002 at 09:03)
*wonders when UDC will collapse again due to all the fighting*
View Public Profile Find more posts by eX Dax Xe Add eX Dax Xe to your Buddy List Reply with Quote