Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > General Site Discussions

Post New Thread Closed Thread
Author Thread
(30-Mar-2006 at 05:51)

Music Reviews?

I would like to put in a request that a forum akin to the Move Review forum would be created. Obviously about Music.

Granted, Music has a huge spectrum, thus maybe you would need several sub-forums, divided by the genre of the albums. I have quite a few thoughts banging about in my head about it, but would need to formulate them properly before I put them down in type. And think about which ones would work. Just thought I would post this now to see what preliminary feedback would be.

I would also put say that I would be willing to be a moderator of such a section, god knows I listen to music every waking hour, and am online nearly as many. I have rather wide music tastes, and am generally only unable to restrain the urge to flame people when they show immense ignorance, and I believe I could restrain the urge to reply to certain people in RGD if I had a reason too .

I shall leave it at that, and look forward to any response.
View Public Profile Visit Fallacy's homepage Find more posts by Fallacy Add Fallacy to your Buddy List
Donated $9.31
(30-Mar-2006 at 06:32)

I like the idea, though I made a similar suggestion about a book-forum, and apparently that wasn't a good idea. Maybe this one goes through though.

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List
(31-Mar-2006 at 14:26)

Then create a "Media" forum, subdivided into Movies, Music and Books.
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List
(31-Mar-2006 at 20:20)

That's one of my ideas, but I'm currently going to wait to see if I get any feedback from anyone before I go posting crap. BG has little enough time as it is, I would rather allow him to give a 'definite no' or a 'go on' response with as little of his time being wasted as possible.

*hint hint*

Although I probably could have picked a better time to post this... Meh, I'm in no rush.
View Public Profile Visit Fallacy's homepage Find more posts by Fallacy Add Fallacy to your Buddy List
(01-Apr-2006 at 01:14)

I would like to see that kinda forum too, beacause i listen to music all the time like many ohter people. And the sites where you can see music reviews are usually crappy.

Never let nobody in. And step rightĖon your dream,
If you really wanna take this trip. Fighting anywhere we go.
To face this cruel world. We gotta just fight forever!
We never stop...
View Public Profile Find more posts by pata Add pata to your Buddy List
Donated $4.24
(01-Apr-2006 at 09:56)

May I ask, what about TV series and such? Desperate Housewives, Alias, Lost, Commander in Chief etc. Could they go into the Media section?

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List
(Posted as Lodewijk)
Donated $4.04
(01-Apr-2006 at 11:34)

In the interim, maybe the thread already created in L.A. could be used for that purpose? I'm thinking along the lines of The Football Thread (soon to be the greatest thread in RGD ). I mean, it would be nice to have the ratings features of the Movie Reviews forum, but meanwhile we could make do with just the one thread.

I think BG has the Moderator issue at the top of his mind at the moment. After all, he has to replace...four mods, I think. Still, the inactivity (relative inactivity) of the Movie Forums might discourage him from making any move at all.

Is birth always a fall?
Do angels have wings? Can men fly?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Happy Sid Add Happy Sid to your Buddy List
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(01-Apr-2006 at 15:49)

I like the Idea of Media forum's, but it needs bit better name, witch I cannot think... I've missed book, music and TV-series forums myself... So I support this idea a lot, but how to make it work in reality? It needs quite a lot efforts from BG and back up team.

Generalization is rhetorics of simpletons.
"Sages learn from history... idiots learn from experience" -Fairy Tail manga
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List
Global Moderator
Donated $41.00
(03-Apr-2006 at 00:03)

Re: Music Reviews?

Originally Posted by Apeiron:
Then create a "Media" forum, subdivided into Movies, Music and Books.
Yeah, I agree that would cover whats being asked and more. But would be a pain in the ass for us mods to post requests.

BUD LIGHT
145847903/Davevalek/Insanity
I am one of a kind, the only one you'll find. I am me and nothing else...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Valek Add Valek to your Buddy List
(03-Apr-2006 at 00:53)

Originally Posted by Valek:
Yeah, I agree that would cover whats being asked and more. But would be a pain in the ass for us mods to post requests.
Maybe there could be a couple specialized moderators for each section, who don't have the power to warn posts or anything, just posting requested topics?

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / ∆
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List
Donated $4.24
(03-Apr-2006 at 09:36)

Originally Posted by Greeney:
Maybe there could be a couple specialized moderators for each section, who don't have the power to warn posts or anything, just posting requested topics?
I already sent a PM some 1-2 months ago to BG requesting permision to be able to create threads in the movie reviews section cause I saw the mods did not pay enough attention to it whilst the users kept on adding requests.

I got no reply whatsoever
View Public Profile Find more posts by RoWizzies Add RoWizzies to your Buddy List
(User is Banned)
Donated $0.64
(15-Apr-2006 at 21:15)

Media is a pretty wide expanse to cover. Would it be a review forum or forum to discuss the respected media? There is a difference. Maybe it could be like 20 people who write reviews for here based on sort of a resume or a portfolio. People could send requests to those people for reviews of the respected media. I don't know just idea's. It could be set up in a way so that everybody would have a say, but still be able to not just have everyone post there bands.

I AM FIZZZZZ!!!!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Socko Add Socko to your Buddy List
Donated $2.04
(17-Nov-2006 at 02:21)
Media forum?

I've seen this been brought up now and then already, but I'm not sure what everyone's point of view is on this subject so I thought I'd adress it here.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a Media forum section?
The movie reviews section has been experimental for quite some time now so I'm not sure what's is going to happen with it?
Personally I'd like to see something like a Media section with sub forums like game discussions, movie discussions, tv discussions, music discussions..

I like the movie reviews section, but for me personally it doesn't suffice.. and I think it would be nice to be able to just generally talk about let's say upcoming movies.. and new trailers etc. The reviews section doesn't really allow to have discussions about movie related things. Ofcourse this could be the movie geek in me speaking here
Obviously games are a big part of the lifes of alot of members here, so I think the games sub forum speaks for itself.

I know this can already be discussed in LA or on a more serious note in RGD, but personally I think an own section would be more appropriate and would stimulate people to post more on these subjects.

Anyway, just wanted to know everyone's thoughts on this.. members, mods.. anyone with an opinion on this, please comment
View Public Profile Visit P a r a's homepage Find more posts by P a r a Add P a r a to your Buddy List
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(17-Nov-2006 at 04:42)

Yup i personally like the idea, because some of the things posted are borderline LA/RGD, also i think i'm pushing for the tech thread/subsection again.
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List
Donated $6.72
(21-Nov-2006 at 04:25)

lightbulb i like it.

I also support this idea. It can be a place where you can talk about TV shows, movies, games, books, and music. There would be endless amounts of things to discuss!

Life is a test and I get bad marks.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Hurleyy Add Hurleyy to your Buddy List
Donated $32.56
(24-Nov-2006 at 18:24)

Re: i like it.

Originally Posted by Hurleyy: View Post
I also support this idea. It can be a place where you can talk about TV shows, movies, games, books, and music. There would be endless amounts of things to discuss!
Media is the way of the future! I mean the movie section is nice, but limited. There should be other sub-forums to interest others.

First they came for the Communists, and I didnít speak up, because I wasnít a Communist.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I didnít speak up, because I wasnít a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didnít speak up, because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak up for me.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Catsluck Add Catsluck to your Buddy List
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(04-Jan-2007 at 04:28)

Originally Posted by Greeney: View Post
I think this is a brilliant idea. Especially with two sections now, even more so if the Book section comes into existence. Global Moderators already have enough on their plate, why add more?

These 'Media Moderators' would be very limited. They would just be able to create threads in the section (or maybe even limit to a single sub-section). It might be wise to also give them abilities like deleting and editing posts, and giving warnings. But, those things wouldn't be terribly necessary, just extra.
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(04-Jan-2007 at 08:43)

Originally Posted by advocatus: View Post
I think this is a brilliant idea. Especially with two sections now, even more so if the Book section comes into existence. Global Moderators already have enough on their plate, why add more?

These 'Media Moderators' would be very limited. They would just be able to create threads in the section (or maybe even limit to a single sub-section). It might be wise to also give them abilities like deleting and editing posts, and giving warnings. But, those things wouldn't be terribly necessary, just extra.
We've already had that discussion

[closed]

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List
  Closed Thread