Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Do you give or get more rep?
I give a lot more rep then what I get 11 28.21%
I give a little more rep then what I get 4 10.26%
I get about the same amount as I give 9 23.08%
I give a little less then what I get 4 10.26%
I give way less then what I get 3 7.69%
I don't give rep out 5 12.82%
I disabled rep 3 7.69%
Who voted? Voters: 39
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(22-Mar-2008 at 20:16)

Repping Habit

Looking over my rep comments and dates, I rep a lot more then I recieve... usually. Is it the same for you?
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Mar-2008 at 20:36)

I almost never rep. Never got in the whole system. When i do it's mostly when i find some post to be very very good or when it's funny or useful. And sometimes i use it as a way to communicate

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Mar-2008 at 21:50)

I generally only use it when I want to comment on a post but do not want to drag the thread off topic.

Other then that, I occasionally rep really good/funny posts.

Modern world I'm not pleased to meet you

You just bring me down
View Public Profile Find more posts by Caelis666 Add Caelis666 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(22-Mar-2008 at 22:14)

I generally rep on posts that I agree with (in RGD), and in LA, posts that are funny, and make me laugh.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Mar-2008 at 22:25)

I like to rep quite a lot. The way I see it I like getting rep, so others must enjoy it as well.

So I rep to say innocent little things that don't fit in the thread, to thank a mod for having me, to cheer my mafia buddies on, when I see a good thread, a good post, someone that hasn't been around for a while. All that stuff is rep-worthy to me

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)

Last edited by Lunor, 22-Mar-2008 at 22:25.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $41.00
(24-Mar-2008 at 00:51)

exclamation mark

I barely rarely ever get repped or rep anybody else unless they really deserve it. Hell, I even had the rep system off for like months.

BUD LIGHT
145847903/Davevalek/Insanity
I am one of a kind, the only one you'll find. I am me and nothing else...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Valek Add Valek to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Mar-2008 at 07:35)

i like to rep a lot

i especially love to rep lunor; has anyone else noticed lunor always replies to reps with a return rep??

anyway these days i give a lot more than i get - but only a couple of months ago it was about even... guess i just got less funny lately

Tax collectors are a valid military target - chobham

Last edited by Spectre19, 24-Mar-2008 at 07:37.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Spectre19 Add Spectre19 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2008 at 01:38)

lol yeah I always return people who rep me too usually

I do rep alot more than I get though but whatever its all good

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, it’s cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Don’t question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2008 at 04:00)

I thought I had turned it off .... only just discovered I had'nt.

I don't rep, I'll send a pm.

Originally Posted by Alexstrasza: View Post
I generally rep on posts that I agree with (in RGD), and in LA, posts that are funny, and make me laugh.
muhahahahaha so Im the only one you neg rep =)

feeeeeeeeel dah lub

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary

Last edited by HarleyQuinnROX, 25-Mar-2008 at 04:03.
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2008 at 04:04)

I completely love reputation. I make it a goal to try and get as much reputation as possible without asking for it or giving out reputation for the sake of getting it in reciprocation. I want more of those green boxes! (Plus I like the comments)

I'd say my reputation giving and receiving is about equal. I'll give reputation to things I particularly sympathize with (like RoWizzies at the end of School Subjects Mafia where he knew which person was guilty). So, even though it didn't end up mattering, I liked the fact that he gave the effort. Particularly clever posts also get reputation from me sometimes.

I miss Runey...
Band is good! Band is great! Band is how I got a date!
War Damn Eagle!
I love Reputation! Love it! Gimme Gimme Gimme!!! Please.
View Public Profile Find more posts by StarOwl Add StarOwl to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2008 at 04:37)

I definately rep more than I receive. I like to give out rep to those who I think make good points, posts that are funny, posts that are even handed, or those I agree with. I almost always reciprocate pos reps assuming I can find a reppable post. I also pos rep most neutral reps even if they contain negative comments, as thanks for the feedback. Neg reps, I usually return in kind, but I have withheld retaliation or even pos repped depending on the usefullness of the comment, whether I judge the other person was being spiteful/closed minded, and whether I can find a post they made which I feel justified in neg repping.

I've only once neg repped someone without being negged first, and that was when some new poster made a post that was nothing but direct personal attacks. A clearly warnable post, but I preferred to neg rep rather than report the flame.

As to amount of points. When reciprocating rep (pos or neg) I give out an equal proportion. If someone uses 50% of their rep points, I use 50% of mine. When repping spontaneously I always give full points.

That's my system.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Royal Assassin3 Add Royal Assassin3 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.64
(25-Mar-2008 at 06:25)

I used to rep a lot, but not so much now. To me it's just a convenient way to leave a message to a post without having to reply to the post or to send a PM. I'm lazy like that.

Nowadays, I don't feel the urge to comment on posts as much, hence my declined use of the rep system.
View Public Profile Find more posts by CloudHeartsMeli Add CloudHeartsMeli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as AMYQ)
(25-Mar-2008 at 06:59)

Re: Repping Habit

I use it to show my *friends* love, flirt with swifty and yell at BG, Occasionally I rep posts that make me laugh so much I injure myself, or things that I can relate to... Such as Valeks awesome taste in music.

INSANE CUBE FISH™
This is the clock up on the wall/This is the story of us all/This is the first sound of a new born child before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won/This is the soldier and his gun/This is the mother waiting by the phone praying for her son
View Public Profile Find more posts by Miss AmyQ Add Miss AmyQ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2008 at 23:09)

Originally Posted by AMYQ: View Post
I use it to show my *friends* love, flirt with swifty and yell at BG, Occasionally I rep posts that make me laugh so much I injure myself, or things that I can relate to... Such as Valeks awesome taste in music.
And to make lame jokes concerning my job.

Modern world I'm not pleased to meet you

You just bring me down
View Public Profile Find more posts by Caelis666 Add Caelis666 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as AMYQ)
(26-Mar-2008 at 01:21)

Originally Posted by Caelis666: View Post
And to make lame jokes concerning my job.
I did? Oh yeah, I thought it was HILARIOUS, but didn't make enough sense for the thread I wish I could see all my rep comments....

We could make a game - Tell a story by adding one of your rep comments.... But then people would start repping each other saying "the bear tripped over a log" or some obscure shit like that.

INSANE CUBE FISH™
This is the clock up on the wall/This is the story of us all/This is the first sound of a new born child before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won/This is the soldier and his gun/This is the mother waiting by the phone praying for her son
View Public Profile Find more posts by Miss AmyQ Add Miss AmyQ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Mar-2008 at 03:42)

I rep others a little more than I get repped - I guess I don't make rep worthy posts often enough .

I'll usually rep any post I find humorous enough or overall worthy of my +5 points .
View Public Profile Visit Roxtin's homepage Find more posts by Roxtin Add Roxtin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.44
(26-Mar-2008 at 12:03)

It's very rare I see any reason to award rep.

How much I receive it totally irrelevant to how much I hand out.

Famous for nowty by nature
View Public Profile Visit Aerath's homepage Find more posts by Aerath Add Aerath to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Mar-2008 at 16:23)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyQuinnROX: View Post
Originally Posted by Alexstrasza: View Post
muhahahahaha so Im the only one you neg rep =)

feeeeeeeeel dah lub
+5
Repping Habit
25-Mar-2008 ##:##
Alexstrasza
Pfft.
and then you go and ruin your perfect score card :P

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary

Last edited by HarleyQuinnROX, 28-Mar-2008 at 16:26.
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $9.31
(28-Mar-2008 at 22:02)

I don't give rep, simply because I'm banned from it after someone suddenly didn't have so thick skin anymore. I think I used to give as much as I received, just about. A vast majority of them positive, but once in a while, mostly in RGD, there was the occasional negative one. But yeah, I did the same as most people seem to do. Not only to good posts, but also as a way of commenting. Or to comment on good posts, of course

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk

Last edited by Nimon, 28-Mar-2008 at 22:04.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Aug-2008 at 19:39)

I hardly ever get repped so i give tons and tons of it out, just hoping that one day karma will help me out!

But when i do get repped i get excited and have a bit of a spell where i give it for no reason.

...The ShadowMachine...
Swedish Pride!!
Red+Purple=HAPPINESS!
View Public Profile Find more posts by ShadowMachine Add ShadowMachine to your Buddy List Reply with Quote