Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > TV Shows Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.60 average
(Posted as Celtic19)
(29-Nov-2007 at 16:33)

Originally Posted by Nimon: View Post
I don't know, I think Heroes has been going downhill ever since, well, the start of the first season. The last episode was no different. It was cheesy.
Going downhill since the start of the first season? Did you ever like the show?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $9.31
(29-Nov-2007 at 16:47)

Re: [2006] Heroes

Originally Posted by Celtic19: View Post
Going downhill since the start of the first season? Did you ever like the show?
Yeah, I loved it in the start. Towards the end of the first season it started being silly, though.
Not to mention that whole anticlimax of a season finale!

It's still worth watching, and I do download it as soon as it comes out, but most of the shows I follow have surpassed it in my like-o-meter. Lost, Stargate Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica (was always ahead, to be fair), Supernatural, Prison Break, The 4400, etc. At least it's still ahead of Smallville, which I stopped watching since that horrible last season.

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Dec-2007 at 04:05)
the finale was sweet...expected more fights, but still it was good
now we have to wait until Spetember

btw, how do you put that spoiler thingy?
View Public Profile Find more posts by InDenIaL Add InDenIaL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Dec-2007 at 05:37)

Anyone who has watched Heroes and doesn't like it is crazy. It's the best TV show... ever. At least in the drama-adventury-fantasyish genre.

Anyway... It's coming back before September, I hope anyway! Those damn producers and shit had better fix things up with the writers so we can have our television back. Normally they would have probably stopped episodes around this time and then re-started the show in February, right around sweeps. I hope it's not delayed too much.

And when the commercial said two heroes would die... well, I wouldn't have picked the ones who did.

I wish Parkman had died instead of Niki. I don't really care about Nathan, but damn I hate Parkman.

Why is it over? I need my heroes.

Angela Petrelli is a big bitch. Anyone got any theories on what her power is?

And I looked on heroes wiki and I'm excited about the next chapter being called "Villains" because I really want to meet Kane!

SYLARRR.
View Public Profile Find more posts by emo kat Add emo kat to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Dec-2007 at 06:18)
well they did that last season, but with the strike...I'm guessing it will start in Sept, also at the end of the episode...it showed end of chapter 2, and then there was a short clip with Sylar

I'm hoping that I'm wrong...don't want to go through that withdrawal phase(I doubt there will be any other show to fill the void)

also, I'm really pissed that the girl(the one with the poison thing) didn't die...also, why did they have to kill Nikki...that's gonna mess up Mica

and I agree Angela is a bitch...she allowed that guy(whoever he is) to kill her own son...

Last edited by Starfriend, 04-Dec-2007 at 20:01.
Edit reason: if you don't use the spoiler tag around the spoiler bits, I'll just put your whole post in one
View Public Profile Find more posts by InDenIaL Add InDenIaL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Celtic19)
(07-Dec-2007 at 20:31)

After watching the second season in its entirety i was disappointed.

I know why it was cut short but the season as a whole was like this:

started off really slowly dealing with a character "more evil" then sylar who was... easily defeated

Then we fast forwarded to the ending which was as anti-climatic was the first season finale.

The only good thing about the season was finding out what happened to our Heroes after Kirby plaza.

I hope the third season breathes some life back into the show...

I can totally see Matt Parkman becoming a new villain

Last edited by Konc, 08-Dec-2007 at 08:47.
Edit reason: better not tell people anything about it, eh?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Dec-2007 at 06:55)

Parkman doesn't have the brains to be a villain. At best he's a henchman. He's just an asshole with a power too big for him to handle.

Micah, however, would make an AWESOME villain... think about it. He's really big into comic books and heroes and stuff. His Dad was a hero... his dad died. His mom died while trying to be a hero. Poor messed up kid whose life even when his parents were alive was a bit fucked up... now disillusioned about heroism... with a neat power where he could have a robot army or some shit. I hope that is the case.

Last edited by Konc, 09-Dec-2007 at 09:46.
Edit reason: if you don't use the spoiler tag around the spoiler bits, I'll just put your whole post in one
View Public Profile Find more posts by emo kat Add emo kat to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DeRnhelm)
Donated $11.54
(27-Feb-2008 at 01:25)

Well I just finished the second season. First off I'd like to know why you all think Parkman is a possible villain and why you all dislike him so much. When I first met the guy I though he was a sympathic, modest and warm man. From what I saw he did not abuse his power much.

Also, Claire is too hot (and young).

Except maybe when he went into Molly's head to test if he could make her eat her cereal. Who wouldn't?
Another thing.. With ALL the strange things happening in the story. Sylar returning, Nathan and Peter surviving... Why do you think Nikki died from that poor explosion? I thought I caught a glimpse of something happening to her right before the boom.

~–eRn~
BTW: You Are All Buffle Headed

Last edited by DeRnhelm, 27-Feb-2008 at 01:27.
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeRn HaLL Add DeRn HaLL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Sep-2008 at 05:29)
Finally!!Its back!!!
Eventhough they cleared up some stuff, I'm more confused than before...
(13-Oct-2008 at 00:32)

This show is made of win. Especially Season 1. Season 2 was fantastic, but not as brilliant as season 1. I think Season 1 of Heroes may perhaps be my favorite show of all time, dethroning Seinfeld.

Really, really...REALLY good.

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(13-Oct-2008 at 00:34)

i started to watch it. I watched the first episode, then began to watch the second episode, then stopped.

It's bloody confusing. But interesting.
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Dec-2009 at 16:27)

I have to come back on my earlier analysis a little bit.
Season 1 I still think is one of the best seasons of any series I've ever seen, but Season 2 was actually rather weak. Very weak, actually.

Season 3 was pretty lame too and Season 4 now is just plain bad.

As much as I hate it, I'm probably going to stop watching it soon. It's just not good anymore, because the characters are making ridiculous choices just so the show can go on.

What a shame...I loved Heroes Season 1 so much

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Dec-2009 at 02:05)

Season one was atrocious...infact i almost missed this excellent show because i saw a few of those episodes first.
Although a few episodes in season one was good, some were content devoid. like who gives a crap about micah's storyline anyway?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gabriel Gray Add Gabriel Gray to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Feb-2010 at 17:18)

Redemption is good.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gabriel Gray Add Gabriel Gray to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Celtic21)
(14-Feb-2010 at 08:11)

4th season was looking better then the previous two but the end was a serious letdown.

Sylar a hero? Seriously.....I hope the series ends...Before they do something even stupider such as turning Peter into a super villian or something....
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(14-Feb-2010 at 14:40)

Originally Posted by Celtic21: View Post
4th season was looking better then the previous two but the end was a serious letdown.

Sylar a hero? Seriously.....I hope the series ends...Before they do something even stupider such as turning Peter into a super villian or something....
Well in one future Sylar was a good guy with a kid, at least for a while. Could be that they're working themselves towards that.

"If You Fall, Iíll Be There"
-Ė Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Celtic21)
(17-Feb-2010 at 22:44)

Originally Posted by Konc: View Post
Well in one future Sylar was a good guy with a kid, at least for a while. Could be that they're working themselves towards that.
Ok you have a point there. But...

It seemed very forced. I mean Hiro stating that he would die alone happened way back in Season 1 timeline. So why does it only start to affect him now in season 4? Theres also Peter's forgiveness of Sylar the man who killed his brother which i found a bit....rushed as well.

To be honest the ending of season 4 which was the best since season 1 i think was a let down
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(21-Feb-2010 at 03:27)

Better late than never?

-Ė Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(12-Jun-2010 at 22:45)

The show got cancelled but I heard somewhere that they're making a movie to tie up loose ends. Can't really say I'm thrilled about it but at least it can't be as bad as the Lost ending, right?

-Ė Floor