Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > TV Shows Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(20-Dec-2006 at 03:04)

[1989] The Simpsons

Genre: Animation, Comedy

Plot: Animated primetime series that follows the exploits of a hapless and semi-dysfunctional nuclear family named the Simpsons, who live in the fictional town of Springfield, whose various inhabitants add to the comedy, angst, satire and parody of this series.

Actors:
Dan Castellaneta .... Homer Simpson / ... (385 episodes, 1989-2006)
Julie Kavner .... Marge Simpson / ... (385 episodes, 1989-2006)
Nancy Cartwright .... Bart Simpson / ... (385 episodes, 1989-2006)
Yeardley Smith .... Lisa Simpson / ... (385 episodes, 1989-2006)
Hank Azaria .... Chief Wiggum / ... (280 episodes, 1989-2006)
Harry Shearer .... Ned Flanders / ... (278 episodes, 1989-2006)
Pamela Hayden .... Milhouse Van Houten / ... (195 episodes, 1989-2006)

TV.com link:
http://www.tv.com/the-simpsons/show/146/summary.html

IMDB link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096697/
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Dec-2006 at 18:55)

This is a classic TV show. The basis for things like Family Guy and Futurama. However, I have seen probably over 350 of those episodes already, so it has become very bland. Better than nothing though.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acadian9 Add Acadian9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(23-Dec-2006 at 14:50)

Simpsons has to be one of the greatest Western Animation series, for ~17 years it has been original and funny. It is sad to see that it will end soon. Definite classic.
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Dec-2006 at 04:47)

Best thing to watch when there's nothing else is interesting on...

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / Ć
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as AMYQ)
(30-Dec-2006 at 05:02)

best show ever! I love every episode (except maybe like 3) and i love the one liners. Ralph is awesome but you can't go wrong with homer. 5/5 easily

INSANE CUBE FISH™
This is the clock up on the wall/This is the story of us all/This is the first sound of a new born child before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won/This is the soldier and his gun/This is the mother waiting by the phone praying for her son
View Public Profile Find more posts by Miss AmyQ Add Miss AmyQ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as wtfX)
(31-Dec-2006 at 13:41)

4/5

It goes from bad ('Lisa episodes') to fantastic and hilarious (Homer on a good day) for me. Most of the episodes are fun, except for the aforementioned 'Lisa episodes'.

Woohoo @ Homer.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Thrinniti)
(02-Jan-2007 at 16:57)

im spreading 5/5s like love Simpsons = 5/5!!

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids , we'd all be running around in darkened rooms munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electron ic music ."
Kristian Wilson , Nintendo Inc 1989
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skrix Add Skrix to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.08
(09-Jan-2007 at 08:17)

Used to be kinda crappy at the beggining of the series, then it got amazing, and it's been crappy since 2002 or so. I'll give it 4/5, because the middle episodes are many and extremely entretaining (although not usually laugh out loud funny) thus making up for the crappiness of the very early and late episodes.

"Why should I have to work for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it!" - Calvin.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stewie Add Stewie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as matinog)
(12-Jan-2007 at 04:11)

this is very intelligent and though out comedy. At times ill prefer this to family guy or south park. More of an actual show. But other programs are funnier. But this program is still legendary.

RIP John Lennon
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mandraque Add Mandraque to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jan-2007 at 09:55)
No doubt a classic. Considering it's the longest running primetime cartoon in American history, how could anybody say no. It has something for all ages. Besides that Matt Groening likes hiding 'things' in every episode. The only cartoon that even comes close is Scooby Doo and that was a morning show. (well, the early ones; Scrappy killed it).
View Public Profile Find more posts by ujgearhead Add ujgearhead to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Feb-2007 at 11:33)

And again, we have all series (what is it 18, 19?) of the Simpsons. Best cartoon ever. Not many shows manage to run that long and stay funny. For being the father of many, many other shows, i consider them best.

Godspill
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lady Lurking Add Lady Lurking to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DeRnhelm)
Donated $11.54
(07-Jun-2007 at 07:22)

I'd say as some others: this show is legendary and can not be given a rating like other shows.

This one and South Park. I enjoy them time and time again.
What else can beat 19 seasons?
And lol Butters in SP: 'Simpsons did it! Simpsons did it!'

~ĐeRn~
BTW: You Are All Buffle Headed
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeRn HaLL Add DeRn HaLL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as AMYQ)
(10-Jun-2007 at 05:10)

Hehe... Classic

1) every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?
Homer.

2)you tried your best, and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try
Homer.

3) Bart with 10,000 dollars we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things, like love!
Homer.

4) Marge, it takes two people to lie. One to lie and one to listen.
Homer.

5) Yeah Moe that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.... I have to go my wiener kids are listening
Homer.

6) To Start Press Any Key'. Where's the ANY key. Woah this is hard work, I think I'll order a TAB.
Homer.

7) please strap yourselves in, as we are experiencing a little Godzilla-related turbulence.
Pilot.

8) I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to speed around a city, keeping its speed over fifty and if its speed dropped, it would explode! I think it was called... "The Bus That Couldnt Slow Down."
Homer.

9) As far as daddy's concerned, you're both potential murderers.
Homer.

10) Stealing! How could you? Haven't you learned anything from that guy who gives sermons at church? Captain what's-his-name?
Homer.

11) Homer "Step aside! Sensitive love letters are my specialty!
Dear Baby,
Welcome to Dumpsville - Population:You."
Bart: "How about : Crocodiles bit off my face.''
Marge: "That's disgusting! And besides, when a woman lives a man, it doesn't matter that a crocodiles bit off his face."
Homer: "I may hold you to that, Marge..... Three simple words:I am gay."
Homer: "P.S I am gay"

INSANE CUBE FISH™
This is the clock up on the wall/This is the story of us all/This is the first sound of a new born child before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won/This is the soldier and his gun/This is the mother waiting by the phone praying for her son
View Public Profile Find more posts by Miss AmyQ Add Miss AmyQ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Nov-2007 at 05:57)

it was great in its day but its time to stop beating the dead horse. and the movie was just atrocious.

Last Member of the Church of Valek
-------------------------------------
Insert something witty here.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -John Paul Jones
View Public Profile Visit Dead Canaanite's homepage Find more posts by Dead Canaanite Add Dead Canaanite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old VaX It's a boy!
(23-Sep-2008 at 21:11)
I've always loved the Simpson's. The show was always great, until a few years back, and it has just become sad. And it doesn't help anything that the only ones I see on t.v. are always the same crappy reruns from the last season.

I personally enjoyed the movie, to me it just felt like a movie version of the t.v. show. However that doesn't mean they should keep pushing the show further

Regardless of if we are right or wrong, history will form its own opinions.

If your not willing to die for democracy then you shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by VaX Add VaX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(25-Oct-2009 at 01:45)
its amazing how long the simpsons has been running for , i mean it only seamed like a few years ago it started.. but 17 years.. geez time flies.

swifty woz ere editing my sig 2009. hes radical.
View Public Profile Find more posts by 7baz Add 7baz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Oct-2009 at 08:05)

When the Simpsons first came out I was younger and they were funny. After about 5 years I didnt think they were all that funny, but occasionally had a few funny parts. and then after that the show got more and more sydnicated, and it seemed every time i happened to see them on TV it was a episode I already saw even though I didnt even really watch the show that much anymore. That made me dislike the show.

All in all the show was good for awhile, but the show has been getting worse and worse for at least a decade... i think people overhype this show alot too, its not all that everyone seems to say it is...

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, it’s cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Don’t question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Dec-2009 at 16:27)

This last season (21) is pretty good, I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Oct-2011 at 13:06)
It's brilliant series . I always like to watch such type of stories . I have seen all seasons of this show . All seasons of this show are fantastic .
View Public Profile Find more posts by mike7184 Add mike7184 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote