Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Obi2Kenobi)
Donated $1.28
(21-Jun-2002 at 06:51)

lightbulb Scientific Discussions

I am making this to keep me from doing stuff like subatomics and dimensions in the anger mangament... it just made people angry.

My first question for you. Do you think that their are 4 dimensional beings?

Maybe there are beings in every other dimension. If there are 1 dimensional things, we won't be able to know, because it is a line with no width at all. I don't believe that there are 2 dimension creatures, we would probably have seen them, unless you count cartoons.

I think that if there are 5 dimensinal beings, they would't be able to see us, because another dimension separates us from them.

(P.S. We have proven mathmatically that there is a fourth dimension.)

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and if it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
~Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
View Public Profile Visit obi2kenobi's homepage Find more posts by obi2kenobi Add obi2kenobi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.84
(21-Jun-2002 at 06:54)

the 4th dimension is time
as posted in the anger management thread. Pretty easy to understand for me =P

hehe and i think i have an idea on 5 dimensions...
kinda hard to explain tho... I'll try to think of a way...

Koli
Farewell my Utopian friends. May you all find what you seek out of life.
View Public Profile Visit Koli's homepage Find more posts by Koli Add Koli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Obi2Kenobi)
Donated $1.28
(21-Jun-2002 at 06:56)

I thought that the 5th dimensin was time. And, isn't that just our way of defining it?

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and if it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
~Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
View Public Profile Visit obi2kenobi's homepage Find more posts by obi2kenobi Add obi2kenobi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.84
(21-Jun-2002 at 06:58)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Obi2Kenobi)

I thought that that was the 5th dimension. And, I think that calling it time is the only way that we can define it, because it is a concept that no one alive has witnessed.
4th dimension

and more like everyone has witnessed cause everyone is moving thru time.
We have no control over it, but it is still a dimension.

Koli
View Public Profile Visit Koli's homepage Find more posts by Koli Add Koli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $6.85
(21-Jun-2002 at 08:55)

Time is relative to the individual, its not fixed like the other dimensions.........weird in a way....

^.^ | Everything you are, falls from the sky like a star <3
#RGD on irc.utonet.org | Rissy, my glorious Seraph ^.^
View Public Profile Visit starwinds's homepage Find more posts by starwinds Add starwinds to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jun-2002 at 18:15)

i always figured we were 4th dimensional beings, without time, we wouldn't be moving... i figured the 3rd dimension was just objects with volume sitting in place.

still, time is relative, as it moves faster here than it does, say, at the speed of light... although i'm sure most if not all of you know of the theory of relativity...

"Whatever happens, happens"
View Public Profile Find more posts by Andorra Add Andorra to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.52
(21-Jun-2002 at 20:49)

Maybe we can also see gravitation as a dimesion.
In the theory of relativity, gravitation is seen as a fold of time and space.
I've seen illustrations of that, were space was only showing 2 dimensions, because the third dimension was needed for the folding.

BTW, mathematically there is an infinite number of dimensions. But maybe you meant that they have proven it in Physics mathematically (like the theory of relativity).

Firemage
chief-smiler and leader of the smily-lover alliance ^__^
I once thought "The girl of my dreams is somewhere out there". Now I know where she lives!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Firemage Add Firemage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Obi2Kenobi)
Donated $1.28
(21-Jun-2002 at 21:55)

Time effects us, but we can't interact with it, so we must be in a lower dimension... (i think)

~Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
Donated $1.84
(22-Jun-2002 at 02:58)

There are three spacial dimensions, you can move up and down, forwards and backwards, and right and left.
The fourth dimension is time, you can move forward thru time, you can't move back thru time, but you can indicate a point back in time (in the past), just like you indicate points in the spacial dimensions.

Think of it this way:
You have a meeting scheduled at 10:00. The location of the meeting is on the third floor of a building located at 111 main st. The location you have to be at is not only marked in the three standard spacial dimensions, it is also marked at a location in time (10:00).
You could not be at the meeting if you did not know what location in time it was. That's what makes it a dimension.

Koli
Donated $2.39
(22-Jun-2002 at 10:17)

Quote:
i always figured we were 4th dimensional beings, without time, we wouldn't be moving... i figured the 3rd dimension was just objects with volume sitting in place.
i am going with what Andorra said but i recon the 5th dimention is also time but in the fith dimention you can move backwards and fowards through time and the 4th is just a constand pace. I recon if you go at the speed of light you can enter the 5th dimention. When you are travelling at the speed of light you can't go any faster so the only thing left is to go backwards in time. Or if you were travelling at the speed of light everything around you would be standing still because you are moving do fast. Like if you walked down the street at the speed of light no one would be moving so you could like restyle their hair or do other stuff with them and they wouldn't even notice that.

Signature suspended by SM Tengu for violating the forum's rules.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Marchos Add Marchos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Master Delan X)
(22-Jun-2002 at 10:51)

I have read that some scientists say that there are really 11 or 10 dimensions. But that is just weird.

Master in everything
Good self confidence is
always a good thing to have
View Public Profile Find more posts by Master Delan Add Master Delan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.84
(22-Jun-2002 at 23:06)

IMO, travelling backwards thru time is still the 4th dimension. I mean you can travel forward thru space and backwards thru space, and that is not considered to be two dimensions, the second dimension comes from when you are moving right or left and the third is up or down.

Scientists theorize that for every dicision there is an infinite # of possibilities, and that all of those possibilities are played out in alternate timelines. Travelling between those timelines is, IMO, the 5th dimension. In fact this may even be the 6th dimension as well, but I can't really think of a way to explain that...

Koli
(Posted as Obi2Kenobi)
Donated $1.28
(23-Jun-2002 at 04:44)

If you move at the speed of light, then time would, for you stop. You can go faster. If you do, you would in theory go back in time. But actually, you would just be waiting for the light to catch up to you (I think. Haven't taken physics yet...)

~Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
Donated $1.84
(23-Jun-2002 at 07:07)

hehe well in physics you'll discover it is theoretically imposible to travel faster thn the speed of light...

Go figure...

Koli
(Posted as Obi2Kenobi)
Donated $1.28
(23-Jun-2002 at 21:51)

Theoretically, but maybe someday we will prove it wrong...

~Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
(24-Jun-2002 at 13:01)

4th dimension is time in the words of Albert Einstein.

IMO, travelling at the speed of light does not stop time as time is not equal to light but it slows down our perception of time. Time is perceived differently by different species. Time for us might be different than time for a mouse for example. We might be moving like snails to them.

I read this in some scientific journal. There was this theory that if an astronaut has a twin and leaves Earth at the age of 30 and he comes back at the age of 40, his twin brother in Earth would have been at the age of abt 50+ when he returns. It was hypothisized that time in space is different that time on Earth.
View Public Profile Find more posts by ingky Add ingky to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
Donated $20.04
(24-Jun-2002 at 13:09)

koli, they also said man couldnt fly.
Many things are said to be impossible but I believe its just a matter of time like always - I mean could those in the 12th century possibly imagine what we have? No, theyd call it alchemy or something.
We can achieve anything, somethings will take longer to learn but we'll get there in the end - I believe this also applies to faster than light travel.

Signature suspended by Brother Naz for violating the forum's rules.
View Public Profile Visit Dave of Spam's homepage Find more posts by Dave of Spam Add Dave of Spam to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as peace)
(24-Jun-2002 at 14:47)

Time travel???
I love time travel...I travel in time b4 u know...i went to 15th century b4...and and 12th century b4....I ...i also seen the prehistoric animals b4...

U dont believe me ??? hehe...i did travel in time with my history textbook....

Proud to be an Non Alliance Utopian!

Betrayal of trust make me SICK
Free Dave aka DOS! Free Jaco!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Craze Dreamz Add Craze Dreamz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Obi2Kenobi)
Donated $1.28
(24-Jun-2002 at 16:33)

If you are moving, time also slows down for you. Not sure if when you go faster than light, you would get younger... (don't know the formula for speed-aging...)

~Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
(24-Jun-2002 at 22:21)

Theorectory(darn) its impossible to go faster than light. IF you did go faster than light you wouldn't neccessarily 'exist' in space. Or maybe its like what was mentioned, that everytime would seem to stand still. But if you could also look at your clothes, then you wouldn't be able to see them! As you are traveling faster-than-light and your red shorts only seem red because they only reflect red light, but you couldn't see your shorts as no light particle is traveling fast enough to reflect off of it!

(Moving back to faster than light)...It would be like that movie where they 'bend' space and 'burrow' between Point A and Point B only that they go through...nothing, not space, maybe void(what color would void be? A paradox.)

Maybe 4th dimensional beings exist without time effecting them. But can move through time relative to other demensional beings that exist in time.(Kind of like Q)

Not all concealed weapons are inorganic..
View Public Profile Find more posts by Worstoe Add Worstoe to your Buddy List Reply with Quote