Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > The Lunatic Asylum

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(30-Aug-2014 at 06:04)
question What Happened To These Users?

Hi Everyone,

I remember playing this game an incredibly long time ago. Death Wing was my old username which I don't have access to anymore.

You can see why my name is Death Wing 2

I actually made a quick account wondering whatever happened to some people. I don't want a contact these users but, I would like to know if any of the older users are still kicking and have kept in touch with some of the people in 2002 / 2003. I'd like to know that these people are doing well since I played this game so much in University and felt like checking this site after a long hiatus. Here are the users I am wondering about:

Gwill
Dave (Dave of Spam)
SM Tengu
nimrod
Firemage
SilvreWolf
Sygnal
Darkskies X (RuneFireX)
Drizzt
obi2kenobi
exmuse (MuseX)
AznBlade
Elan SSM (Majiin)
Tia
NeoTaz
LordHawk

In fact I made a similar post about two years after I stopped being active in these forums.

There are probably a whole bunch more that I can't remember so please feel free to add these users. Last question, what ever happened to the old owner?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Death Wing 2 Add Death Wing 2 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $3.01
(03-Sep-2014 at 15:59)

By old owner, do you mean of Utopia Temple? Because he (Brother Green) is still kicking around. If you mean Mehul (creator of Utopia), he sold Swirve to I think Jolt gaming a long time ago to go open a coffee shop. The game has been sold a few times since then.
View Public Profile Find more posts by QuantumChaos Add QuantumChaos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(05-Sep-2014 at 19:41)

Scary that I remember all those names.

........Why does the thin grey strand......Ah, you will understand;.......................I should find, for a reprimand
.......Floating up from the forgotten......When I carried my mother downstairs,.....To my gaiety, a few long grey hairs
......Cigarette between my fingers,......A few times only, at the beginning..........On the breast of my coat; and one by one
.....Why does it trouble me?.............Of her soft-foot malady,.......................I watched them float up the dark chimney.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Swifty Add Swifty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Sep-2014 at 21:29)
That is too bad. No one knows whatever happened to these people eh?

I remember working on something called Team RPG with some of the people on this list. It was pretty neat place to hang out and there was a game we could play against other forum members.

Too bad things went the wayside and I got really lazy making a guide.

Well if any of you know whatever happened to some of these users it would be great!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Death Wing 2 Add Death Wing 2 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(29-Sep-2014 at 07:12)

Hah, I remember Team RPG.

"If You Fall, Ill Be There"
- Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $3.01
(04-Oct-2014 at 00:45)

Re: What Happened To These Users?

Originally Posted by Konc: View Post
Hah, I remember Team RPG.
<3
View Public Profile Find more posts by QuantumChaos Add QuantumChaos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.68
(09-Oct-2014 at 04:03)

Why do I remember all those, I havent played in years... and now I just check in here to see what is going on and then a thread with names I have been swearing at on IRC and various forums... small world, its all great

I am too, curios about what they do now

----------
I have a Tivoli Tshirt <3 <3 <3 <3
View Public Profile Visit Valos's homepage Find more posts by Valos Add Valos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $41.00
(20-Oct-2014 at 22:17)

I keep in touch with a bunch of those fockers on Facebook and or text sometimes.

BUD LIGHT
145847903/Davevalek/Insanity
I am one of a kind, the only one you'll find. I am me and nothing else...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Valek Add Valek to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(29-Oct-2014 at 13:04)
I remember playing this game an incredibly long time ago. Death Wing was my old username which I don't have access to anymore.

kaleem
View Public Profile Find more posts by mannii Add mannii to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(30-Oct-2014 at 05:08)

Takes me back

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(05-Nov-2014 at 16:39)

I recognize some of those people.

Come join me at my site. We have forums (with Mafia) and all sorts of cool things.
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Nov-2014 at 03:11)
That's pretty neat Valek. Whatever happened to those people whom you've kept in touch with?

Like I said, for curiosity sake. I am sure they've moved on so well. It's been over a decade and I am sure those users have a family now, great careers and such! No need to give the real names Valek, I just like to hear they're doing fine.
(19-Nov-2014 at 12:43)
I just check in here to see what is going on and then a thread with names I have been swearing at on IRC and various forums... small world, its all great
View Public Profile Find more posts by killdill045 Add killdill045 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.64
(28-Nov-2014 at 12:35)
Yes, I recognise most of the names on that list. Sygnal was the second in the charge of the alliance (CoS - the Council of Shadows) I created way back in 1999. SM Tengu was a mod on the Alliances Discussions forum. Some of the others on that list were members of SM Tengu's "alliance", the Yada Yada Alliance (YYA). The rest are (were?) a mixture of mods and regular Lunatic Asylum posters.

Can't say as I know what happened to any of them. I myself am only here on a whim. I haven't posted anything here for years. But, somehow, it is comforting to know that Utopia Temple ticks on in the background, quietly seeing out the years, a bastion of unchange in the ever-shifting tides of existence. Will it still be here in another 15 years, and will my (very) middle-aged self return here to reflect on lost memories and fleeting childhood? Or will it, too, have gone the way of everything, back to the ashes, back to the sky? I suppose only time, that unreliable narrator, will tell.

Founder and former Leader of the Council of Shadows
View Public Profile Find more posts by geddon2 Add geddon2 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Dec-2014 at 07:30)

i remember the lunatic's

playing mafia and what not i stoped playing utopia 10 yrs ago when i was 17 saw a random post about utopia from a friend who was jacked about finding it and it brought back memories of this place i just started a new utopia account im hopeing for some mass increase in players hopefully the once proud game can storm back into relevancy

the art to killing it to not be killed
the colour white
View Public Profile Find more posts by XxBaBooNxX Add XxBaBooNxX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old Tia It's a girl!
Donated $3.28
(09-Jan-2015 at 06:19)

I'm doing great DW! How have you been?

A bunch of us are on Facebook and we have a mini group for those who used to frequent #la on IRC. We post there, sometimes, barely.

I guess real life finally kicked in for most of us, and with that a bunch of responsibilities that we couldn't avoid. *shuddertwitch* I was 19 when I joined
UT. Now I'm 31!

Ahhhh I miss the good old days.

Best wishes for the new year everyone!

fnord
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tia Add Tia to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.64
(12-May-2016 at 09:27)

That one time every year where I get an email from UT, and decide to check if this forum is still alive... lol AHHHH nostalgia!!! ><

Originally Posted by Tia: View Post
I'm doing great DW! How have you been?

A bunch of us are on Facebook and we have a mini group for those who used to frequent #la on IRC. We post there, sometimes, barely.

I guess real life finally kicked in for most of us, and with that a bunch of responsibilities that we couldn't avoid. *shuddertwitch* I was 19 when I joined
UT. Now I'm 31!

Ahhhh I miss the good old days.

Best wishes for the new year everyone!
The Facebook group still exists, though it's been a year since the last post. I wonder if #la is still up though. I have a few of em added on Facebook like Tia and Exxy and it's pretty neat to see how they're doing after all these years.

Ok, see you all next year! *waves* :P

~*-Takeshi Yasutoko's #1 Fan-*~
+++ Marty is the best pianist & my cool lil brother +++
-=- Sweet Revelation, Sweet Surrendering-=-
::: Forsaken Lil Tiger :::
View Public Profile Visit Tiger18's homepage Find more posts by Tiger18 Add Tiger18 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(19-Jan-2015 at 22:40)

Oh, wow. A wild Nimon appears.

Come join me at my site. We have forums (with Mafia) and all sorts of cool things.
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(21-Jan-2015 at 10:04)

Originally Posted by advocatus: View Post
Oh, wow. A wild Nimon appears.
Catch it quick!

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote