Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Alliances Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(16-Dec-2007 at 21:16)
What happened too the UC

does anybody know what happened too the United Council, stepped out of there about 2 years ago, i had a too busy life next too utopia. I will start soon with a new account and wondered what happened too them. hope you guys can help.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mopreme Add Mopreme to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Dec-2007 at 05:58)

They disbanded due to low numbers IIRC. They where doing well for awhile there with some ww kds. Wasnt to last tho

UC was never the same after Xanic.

Too Much Is Never Enough
Even cake? -SS
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ice Box Add Ice Box to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(17-Dec-2007 at 06:00)

Mopreme! Long time no see. It's good to see you around.

Yeah, it's a shame that the United Council disbanded about a real life year ago. Xanic resigned, and so did Chris, and he left it to Shardae, who also resigned. Enos did a revitalisation of the alliance, but when he left, the alliance sorta collapsed, and has been lying there ever since.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Dec-2007 at 20:37)
hmm, what a shame. where did everbody go to?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mopreme Add Mopreme to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(18-Dec-2007 at 20:40)

Xanic, Chris, Smoke, Shardae and Enos just disappeared off the face of the earth. Salmanos plays in Nordic Alliance, Darkdemon333 (who now plays under the name Atropos) doesn't play, but frequents IRC, Steve23 (now known as Lord_Odin) has restarted the HaLL Alliance which has just started for the past month or so, and I play in Taure en'Arvandor. I don't really recall any other United Council members being anywhere.

View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Dec-2007 at 22:43)

Re: What happened too the UC

Originally Posted by Alexstrasza: View Post
Xanic, Chris, Smoke, Shardae and Enos just disappeared off the face of the earth. Salmanos plays in Nordic Alliance, Darkdemon333 (who now plays under the name Atropos) doesn't play, but frequents IRC, Steve23 (now known as Lord_Odin) has restarted the HaLL Alliance which has just started for the past month or so, and I play in Taure en'Arvandor. I don't really recall any other United Council members being anywhere.
I'm retired. :P
Though, wasn't a member when it disbanded.
Personally, I thought UC should have been disbanded when Maxwell left it.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... /
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(19-Dec-2007 at 01:56)

Oh, I strongly disagree with that. UC became exceptionally powerful under President Xanic and Vice President Chris. During an age, we were the strongest alliance in the group that UC generally competes with such as TA, HaJ, UA, OA, SF etc.

I didn't here much about UC whilst it was under the rule of President Shardae, however, under President Enos, UC once again flourished, entering the Top 5 alliances on the WoL server, and I think, perhaps, even came first in the group that UC competes with.

(19-Dec-2007 at 06:55)
Re: What happened too the UC

Originally Posted by Greeney: View Post
I'm retired. :P
Though, wasn't a member when it disbanded.
Personally, I thought UC should have been disbanded when Maxwell left it.

Not a member, but the most active one of all
greeney has a certain point. after max left it was never the same, people were moved up in ranks like crazy and we had a lot of presidents after max.

now im wondering what i shall do. thinkig of starting utopia today
(24-Dec-2007 at 17:42)

Surprisingly Alex, I'm still dwelling around Utopia from time to time. Trying to get the idiots in my GUW kingdom to get in gear.

As for the UC, I really can only speculate on the "post-max" era. But after Max resigned FoA and Smoke took over. Both of them are great guys, not so great leaders however. So Xanic and I basically, for lack of a better word, overthrew both of them and requested that they step down.

Xanic was an extremely active president the first age or so, almost every night I would spend 2-3 hours speaking with him over MSN, and during this time we were able to bring in a lot of very good kingdoms. We were able to build up a fairly strong core. However Xanic and I had very different opinions regarding the UC's direction for the next few ages. I was pulling for a more aggressive approach due to the fact that we actually had some power, however Xanic was stubborn on the fact that we keep the same policies and procedures which Max instated in UC when it was first created (which were dreadfully outdated for the game and inappropriate for the kingdoms we currently had). So we often fought over that constantly and ended up losing the support of our warring kingdoms to alliances such as NA and HaJ. Therefore, when Xanic decided to bail when he realized the alliance was on the decline again, I was told that Shardae was going to be the next president and "that it would be best if I retired as well." so I did.

Surprisingly Shardae lasted about two weeks before disappearing without informing anyone and Enos took over. I spoke to him a few times when he took the job and he was optimistic about the future of UC. But it was time for the UC to be put to rest.

Good memories exist from my time there however. Would have never been able to reach some of my goals as a monarch or a player without the support of the UC.

And I'd love to catch up with any of you old UC members, its been awhile since I've talked to many of you. I'm only playing GUW as of right now, college is basically kicking my butt time wise but I'd love to hear from ya. Drop me a message sometime Alex

Former VP of the United Council

You havent expirienced your worst day yet, and when it comes you wont be around anymore to remember it
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chris08 Add Chris08 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Jan-2008 at 13:52)

As far as i know Smoke plays in Vicious.. At least he did last time we spoke.

Proud Member of 9F!!!! Monarch of Diversity 9F
My words are my own, so don't bring 9F into it
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lion 9F Add Lion 9F to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(02-Jan-2008 at 20:03)

I sincerely doubt that the Smoke that was the Vice President of UC and the Smoke that plays in Vicious are the same person.

(03-Jan-2008 at 09:13)

Just checked, and yep, same guy

Proud Member of 9F!!!! Monarch of Diversity 9F
My words are my own, so don't bring 9F into it
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lion 9F Add Lion 9F to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jan-2008 at 22:51)

Its so sad when alliances are put to rest, now when UC is gone every alliance I've ever been a member of is dead.

Utopian Thieves Guild
Ex CoS, Ex HUN, Ex IHJ, Ex DT, Ex SF, Ex AoV, Ex UC
View Public Profile Find more posts by rex regis Add rex regis to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Jan-2008 at 03:30)

Not to be contradictary to anyone, but I was there when it ended, when Xanic left it was no big suprise, he did tell people he was leaving, Shardae on the other hand, ran it in to the ground then disappeared with no word, Enos was doing a GOOD job when he was actually there, but RL intervened and he had to be away for awhile, his mistake was, he only told a few people he was going to be gone for any length of time and the people he left to watch over things basically stabbed him in the back, when he did return, the beginning of this age, he tried to revive UC, but their were only 2 KD's left, mine being 1 of them, he seemed to have some outside help and there was new website (private and unknown to the outside) but something fell apart, not sure what.
View Public Profile Find more posts by saber UC Add saber UC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as kunxiu)
(21-Jan-2008 at 05:12)
*pokes Chris*

How are ya doing mate? Being a long time since we last chatted.

Champion Havoc,
Sovereign of NH
View Public Profile Find more posts by Champion Havoc Add Champion Havoc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Jan-2008 at 12:06)
UC will forever be respected. UC is among the dead now. I should stay that way for the respect of Maxwell , Xanic and of course the others which tried to make it run without Xanic and Maxwell.

Enos was a visionary but I think it was too foolish to transform UC into an agressive warring alliance.

I respect Enos but his ideals were beyond what UC was built for.

any old UC people. hook me up. pm me here. :P

I love this world..
View Public Profile Find more posts by Hane Add Hane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Jan-2008 at 23:54)
Lion, Smoke was in my KD when I was in UC, it wasn't the same guy.
I took my KD out of UC the same time Chris did the same with his KD due to Shardae letting other alliances walk all over UC, our KDs in particular.

On a fun note I found Shardaes KD 2 ages later on my isle OoP and pretty much destroyed it in a quick war. It made my guys happy they got some payback for being let down.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Demad Add Demad to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as xX DoN JuaN Xx)
(29-Jan-2008 at 03:20)

Re: What happened to the UC

Originally Posted by Hane: View Post
UC will forever be respected. UC is among the dead now. I should stay that way for the respect of Maxwell , Xanic and of course the others which tried to make it run without Xanic and Maxwell.

Enos was a visionary but I think it was too foolish to transform UC into an agressive warring alliance.

I respect Enos but his ideals were beyond what UC was built for.

any old UC people. hook me up. pm me here. :P
thats funny to hear Hane...when some people think that the best thing to happen to UC in ages was becoming a contender against many aggressive warring alliances. The idea of having war-mongering kingdoms have become stronger in these past few ages since diplomacy-for-defense has proved ineffective in the same past ages.

But yes UC will be respected as one of the few alliances that have survived tests of time and had become better towards the end than worse.

"Respect the one who defends his land with bravery, but honor the price he pays to fulfill his duty."
-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
PyroManiaC | [email protected] | SC2 BattleNet: DonJuan5420
View Public Profile Visit xX DonJuan Xx's homepage Find more posts by xX DonJuan Xx Add xX DonJuan Xx to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $37.00
(01-Feb-2008 at 18:54)

Ahh, good old US. Hav'nt heard that name in a while. The United Council. Sad to see it disband. I was in it for a little while. :P Was doing quite well when I left it. At any rate, many of the smaller alliances have to many "ideals + rules" for my taste. If you think about it and go through a list though, quite a few of UC's old members are doing quite well in utopia nowadays. In good kds, etc.

I think Greeney wins as person with the most posts ever made on the UC forums.

The Master of Fire
If I was l33t, I'd be so cool.
I'm just another random noob. Treat my kindly please!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Piro Add Piro to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Feb-2008 at 04:15)
Re: What happened to the UC

Originally Posted by xX DoN JuaN Xx: View Post
thats funny to hear Hane...when some people think that the best thing to happen to UC in ages was becoming a contender against many aggressive warring alliances. The idea of having war-mongering kingdoms have become stronger in these past few ages since diplomacy-for-defense has proved ineffective in the same past ages.

But yes UC will be respected as one of the few alliances that have survived tests of time and had become better towards the end than worse.
lol... UC was based on protecting kd and training them for the betterment. Not kick them out since they cant war or cant attain 3 wws in an age. I mean yes UC needed improvement internally. Rules, procedures etc etc but it has gone to far. It actually led to its downfall if I do say so myself.

Yes Piro UC players are doing great utopia wise cause UC trained people that well too bad most of the active pres and active people who actually took notice on training disappeared. :P

I miss the old UC. I suggest old UC people respect its death and not start a revival. It will end up like that AA revival.

I love this world..
View Public Profile Find more posts by Hane Add Hane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote