Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(08-Jan-2004 at 03:55)

exclamation mark Chrisitanity is full of hypocritical statments and lies!

FIRST OFF LET ME SAY I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST CHRISTIANS, AS ALL OF MY FRIENDS ARE CHRISTIANS.

The bible states (in the 10 commandments) that "Thall shalt not kill". And yet look at the crusades. Look at the Salem Witch Trials (If I am not mistakes, which I know im not as I have studied the trials. The accusers AND judeges AND hangers, etc. were all christians.)

Again, using the "Thou shalt not kill" example. (1) Jesus was born a Jew, correct? And was it not the chrisitians (and muslims working together) that drove off the Jews? Was it not the christians that killed so many jews?

The bible is so-called written by god himself...what did he do? pick up a pencil and a few peices of paper thinking "Lets write a book today". No. The Bible states that Jesus heard the voice of god. The bible states Moses heard the voice of god. But who was around to verify this? They were always out in the middle of nowhere, with no one else around. How do the writter of the bible know this happened? How do they no Jesus didnt pick up a joint on his way home from picking berries, and got a little high? ( ) We dont know this. And what is your proof behind Adam and Eve? I have more proof I can fly than what's behind that.

(`._.[ ]._.)
.: :. Lord Anubis .: :.
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt; born 28th of October 2004, died 28th of October 2004
I am for freedom of religion and against all maneuvers to bring about a legal ascendancy of one sect over another. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Lord Anubis, 08-Jan-2004 at 03:56.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Anubis Add Lord Anubis to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Jan-2004 at 04:08)

And one last thing! Christianity is supposed to believe in the equality of all religions? How can that be when it was Chrisitanity who took the Wicca god and made him their devil (this is why Wicca's dont believe in the devil. They had no knowledge of it, it was created)

Christianity makes up a shit and steals stuff from other religions to make it look like the supreme and best religion. Its Bullshit if you ask me.

AgainI HAVE NOTHING AGAINST CHRISTIANS AS MANY OF THEM ARE MY FRIENDS.

(`._.[ ]._.)
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt; born 28th of October 2004, died 28th of October 2004
I am for freedom of religion and against all maneuvers to bring about a legal ascendancy of one sect over another. ~ Thomas Jefferson
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Anubis Add Lord Anubis to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.72
(08-Jan-2004 at 04:22)

Just as christmas wasn't really a holiday, until they took it upon themselves to try and rival the Pagan holidays
View Public Profile Find more posts by C A N T A R E Add C A N T A R E to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Jan-2004 at 04:58)

It's kind of hard to believe you have nothing against christians when you dump all over their religions like that...

Quote:
(Originally posted by Lord Anubis)
Its Bullshit if you ask me.
And noone asked you.

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')

Last edited by MAPS, 08-Jan-2004 at 04:58.
View Public Profile Find more posts by MAPS Add MAPS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $32.64
(08-Jan-2004 at 05:38)

Quote:
(Originally posted by C A N T A R E)

Just as christmas wasn't really a holiday, until they took it upon themselves to try and rival the Pagan holidays
I thought they took it from Santa. Isn't that what it is about? Presents and commercialization of society?

And MAPS- I don't think he has anything against Christians. Just their religion I guess

After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

The only reason we die, is because we accept it as an inevitability
View Public Profile Find more posts by Phased Add Phased to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Black Fighter)
(08-Jan-2004 at 08:51)

Ey, at least we don't have as much against Christians as Christians do against Muslims or homosexuals.

Lord Anubis; Christianity does not believe in equality of any sort. In the bible it is clearly stated that people worshipping other Gods or people trying to get family/friends to start worshipping other Gods should be executed.
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Jan-2004 at 13:27)

Lord Anubis:
Yep your right. The Bible teaches one thing and the people pratice another!
Its been going on forever.

Work like you will live forever and live like you will die tommorrow!
View Public Profile Find more posts by PatrioticSpirit Add PatrioticSpirit to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.32
(08-Jan-2004 at 14:31)

Not to mention the fact that if the whole human race were started by Adam and Eve we would all be sinning with our relatives.

The bible is a fairy tale...

Aesops fables may have morals that people should live by, but they are still just stories.

-For those who fight all over the world.. fight for peace, fight for freedom, and fight for their lives..
Will someone please give Bush a BJ already so we can start the Impeachment?
View Public Profile Visit muirgein's homepage Find more posts by muirgein Add muirgein to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Jan-2004 at 15:03)

Quote:
(Originally posted by muirgein)

Not to mention the fact that if the whole human race were started by Adam and Eve we would all be sinning with our relatives.

The bible is a fairy tale...

Aesops fables may have morals that people should live by, but they are still just stories.
The Theory of evolution suggests we are all related!

Yes; A fairy tale which billions of people pattern their lives after; A fairy tale that has changed countless lives for the better: A fairy tale that has caused more good to be done in this world than you can imagine!

View Public Profile Find more posts by PatrioticSpirit Add PatrioticSpirit to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Jan-2004 at 15:10)
don't judge christianity because of the christians, we christians do lot's of things wrong, a lot of times we don't act like we're supposed to as christians, but becoming perfect isn't possible either: we're humans
View Public Profile Find more posts by gadenher Add gadenher to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Jan-2004 at 15:27)

Quote:
Chrisitanity is full of hypocritical statments and lies! ...FIRST OFF LET ME SAY I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST CHRISTIANS, AS ALL OF MY FRIENDS ARE CHRISTIANS.
...yes i can see that. you're referring to literalists.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Aletheia Add Aletheia to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Jan-2004 at 15:41)

Quote:
(Originally posted by gadenher)

don't judge christianity because of the christians, we christians do lot's of things wrong, a lot of times we don't act like we're supposed to as christians, but becoming perfect isn't possible either: we're humans
Agreed

You cant blame the book if the readers cant follow instructions.

And ofcourse lots/all of the bible is just make believe. But many myths in there have large sense-moral meanings. You might ofcourse ask yourself why God would use things that have not happend to show us how to live, but maby he thought that there were no -Real- Stories good enough for his book ? ^^

Unbent
Unbound
Unbroken
View Public Profile Find more posts by Wasted of M Add Wasted of M to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Black Fighter)
(08-Jan-2004 at 17:12)

All can be blamed.

The book - says to kill people because they worship other Gods, because they're gay, because the work on sabbath, because they're not a virgin on their wedding night.

The God, Jahweh - is an ass because he made the rules above, killed many people including old folks, women and babies. Of course this is based on the book, so if the book is wrong then is this the real Christian God?

The Christians - crusades, witch burnings, persecution of Jews, persecution of homosexuals...but they all claimed this was based on the book.
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.32
(08-Jan-2004 at 19:47)

Quote:
(Originally posted by PatrioticSpirit)

The Theory of evolution suggests we are all related!

Yes; A fairy tale which billions of people pattern their lives after; A fairy tale that has changed countless lives for the better: A fairy tale that has caused more good to be done in this world than you can imagine!
And done a hell of alot of bad as well...
You love to pick and choose when you see all the good in something.

-For those who fight all over the world.. fight for peace, fight for freedom, and fight for their lives..
Will someone please give Bush a BJ already so we can start the Impeachment?
View Public Profile Visit muirgein's homepage Find more posts by muirgein Add muirgein to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Jan-2004 at 23:30)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Black Fighter)

The book - says to kill people because they worship other Gods, because they're gay, because the work on sabbath, because they're not a virgin on their wedding night.
God made us and owns us. He may do as he wishes with us. If he wants to kill us all in the most horrible way imaginable, it's not wrong because we are his creation and he will do what he wants with us. Luckily he has mercy on us. If he didn't we would all die the first time we ever did anything wrong. But it is better for God to kill the wicked physically, then for him to allow the whole of the human race to die spiritually because of sin. Who are you to judge the mind of God? You are no better than the rest of us. Not all things in the bible are to be taken literally though. When you don't interpret the bible correctly, it can lead to a lot of bad things. (The aforementioned Salem witch trials)But people are not perfect. Don't blame God for the downfalls of man.

As for this thread, I am really angry that people have to crap on other religions to try to make their own beliefs sound better. If Christianity is truely everything you have said it is, so what? It's what people believe and you are not helping matters by making every christian feel like crap for believing in it. We are all different, we all make mistakes. If people can't deal with that without insulting another persons beliefs, then this is truely a sad, sad world.

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
View Public Profile Find more posts by MAPS Add MAPS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as RavEMasteR)
(User is Banned)
(09-Jan-2004 at 01:22)

Quote:
(Originally posted by MAPS)

God made us and owns us. He may do as he wishes with us. If he wants to kill us all in the most horrible way imaginable, it's not wrong because we are his creation and he will do what he wants with us. Luckily he has mercy on us. If he didn't we would all die the first time we ever did anything wrong. But it is better for God to kill the wicked physically, then for him to allow the whole of the human race to die spiritually because of sin. Who are you to judge the mind of God? You are no better than the rest of us. Not all things in the bible are to be taken literally though. When you don't interpret the bible correctly, it can lead to a lot of bad things. (The aforementioned Salem witch trials)But people are not perfect. Don't blame God for the downfalls of man.

As for this thread, I am really angry that people have to crap on other religions to try to make their own beliefs sound better. If Christianity is truely everything you have said it is, so what? It's what people believe and you are not helping matters by making every christian feel like crap for believing in it. We are all different, we all make mistakes. If people can't deal with that without insulting another persons beliefs, then this is truely a sad, sad world.
What's sad is that God claims He gave us Free Will, but yet we cannot do what we want? But yet he'll kill us if we do something he doesn't like???

I wonder what the hell happened to free will. We are not slaves of God, he gave us free will. We have the choice to do anything and everything we like, so why is he killing us???

If this thread makes you angry, then I guess every other thread will too. The point here is debate, we argue with evidence, not just plain insults backed by nothing.

Religion is the mental disease of the masses.
"Once again, religion is like sniffing gasoline. Both cause permanant brain damage." -- Obsidian
View Public Profile Find more posts by dothackRAVE Add dothackRAVE to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Jan-2004 at 02:24)

Quote:
(Originally posted by muirgein)

And done a hell of alot of bad as well...
You love to pick and choose when you see all the good in something.
I see both sides of the coin I just prefer to emphasize the good!
Unlike many on these boards who see only the bad!

(09-Jan-2004 at 02:28)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Black Fighter)

All can be blamed.

The God, Jahweh - is an ass because he made the rules above, killed many people including old folks, women and babies. Of course this is based on the book, so if the book is wrong then is this the real Christian God?

The Christians - crusades, witch burnings, persecution of Jews, persecution of homosexuals...but they all claimed this was based on the book.
What does Jesus say in this book? Do you know?

(09-Jan-2004 at 03:42)

Quote:
(Originally posted by MAPS)

As for this thread, I am really angry that people have to crap on other religions to try to make their own beliefs sound better.
That is exactly what christiantiy has done!

And to those say "If you have nothing against christians, why are you bashin them?"

I dont have anything against the chrisitans themselves, I am revealing about the bible. It is a big fairy tale. yes, its supposed to teach you about life's lessons, but there are things in it that dont have anything to do with life's lessons. men walking on water? the voice of god?

(`._.[ ]._.)
(09-Jan-2004 at 04:02)

And one more thing...no killing right?

Then what is the purpose of these "vegence Angels" or whatever that killed people cuz they sinned

(`._.[ ]._.)