Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Donated $2.56
(09-Jan-2004 at 08:02)

Disney's new theme park, Nazi Land

Okay well maybe Disney doesnt have plans for Nazi Land, and I think that might be wise, something about genocide just doesnt get kids excited like cartoons do. But what I wanted to start a discussion about was Disney's use of cartoons during WW2 that were about Nazi.

On my computer I currently have one about Donald Duck being a factory worker for nazi germany, another one talking about the american attitudes during WW2 that werent condusive to the idea of a unified america, and also one about How Nazis are made.

I was just wondering what your ideas of these are, perhaps if you know any information that might not be common knowledge about them, or just how you feel about Disney using cartoons to teach hatred for the Nazis and the German people to american children, you could post it.

If you havent seen them you can get them off Kazaa, try typing in "Banned" with "Disney" and "Nazi" or instead of Disney try "cartoons". I've watched them about 5 times now, each time trying to pay attention to a new facet of them, artwork, music, message, use of language that would lead people one way, the use of german, watching it and trying to think what a german would think watching it, an american, a jewish person, a child ect ... yada yada yada

But yes ... bodymassage ... GO

Last edited by Ictous, 09-Jan-2004 at 08:08.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ictous Add Ictous to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Jan-2004 at 18:34)

hm, i guess they used cartoons as war propaganda as well. same thing happened in other movies. take casablanca for example, very stereotypical Germans there.

on the other hand, Disney probably didn't intend to produce propaganda, but rather joined in the general mood. i'd assume if you feature widespread and popular sentiments in your cartoons, they will by association also be popular.

by the way, Chaplin did something quite similar in his The Great Dictator, a lot of stereotyping there as well. but it is still a very intelligent and fun movie to see - even for Germans like me...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Subterranean Add Subterranean to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as LusoSkav)
(09-Jan-2004 at 22:25)

Hitler himself was a big fan of Mickey Mouse, and he even got Disney to make some anti-jew cartoons for him.

for some Disney dirt go here

By the waqy, have you stop to think about some sick Disney movies story lines? Almost in every old-school Disney movie the main character has his parents killed right in front of him/her, take The lion king, father murdered right in front of Simba, Bambi, his/hers mother shotgun-blasted right in the face and then the litlle orphan runs around calling for his mother, and what about Dumbo?
When you come to think of it, almost disney movies involve deaths and child left as orphans, just how is that suited for little kids??

I'll stop thinking with my dick when you stop fucking with my head.

Last edited by Luso Skav, 09-Jan-2004 at 22:32.
View Public Profile Visit Luso Skav's homepage Find more posts by Luso Skav Add Luso Skav to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $14.28
(10-Jan-2004 at 00:13)

Disney sucks for the most part. As for the Nazi cartoons, I can't say that I've ever seen them, but I might just have to look for them.

As for you Mr. Cartoon thief, stealing disney's profit After all of the hours of "enjoyment" they've given you, and you steal from them...tisk tisk. :P

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tack Add Tack to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as ElelloN of M)
Donated $0.56
(10-Jan-2004 at 00:32)

Quote:
(Originally posted by LusoSkav)

By the waqy, have you stop to think about some sick Disney movies story lines? Almost in every old-school Disney movie the main character has his parents killed right in front of him/her, take The lion king, father murdered right in front of Simba, Bambi, his/hers mother shotgun-blasted right in the face and then the litlle orphan runs around calling for his mother, and what about Dumbo?
When you come to think of it, almost disney movies involve deaths and child left as orphans, just how is that suited for little kids??
Damn, I have never thought of that.
I gotta be more critical to disney movies from now on...

Insert funny comment here.
View Public Profile Find more posts by ElelloN Add ElelloN to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $32.64
(10-Jan-2004 at 00:38)

Finding Nemo was like that too I know I cried when Marlin lost his wife and his 399 eggs. Thank god for Nemo though. I guess it is a formula that worked once, and they just decided that it would be okay for it to happen every time.

After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

The only reason we die, is because we accept it as an inevitability
View Public Profile Find more posts by Phased Add Phased to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Jan-2004 at 01:19)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Phased)

Finding Nemo was like that too I know I cried when Marlin lost his wife and his 399 eggs. Thank god for Nemo though. I guess it is a formula that worked once, and they just decided that it would be okay for it to happen every time.
Finding Nemo was essentially a Pixar Studios movie. Written, produced everything by Pixar. Disney only got to put its name on it because of the contract that Steve Jobs and Pixar made with Disney years back to help start it up and have "brand-name" support.

Btw, you guys seriously overanalyzing these movies. I have heard of a story that during the making of The Little Mermaid this one guy got fired or layed off so in retalliation he drew the priest whom was in the wedding scene with a boner. I can't confirm it because I haven't watched that movie in years and dont plan to but no need to overanalyze it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by UndeadSmoker Add UndeadSmoker to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as marsii)
(11-Jan-2004 at 04:54)

I think Disney hired Nazi scientist to build Disney land or world. I don't like Disney anyway.

Mars II - American Scientist
PhD - Physical Chemistry
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mars II Add Mars II to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Shibby Monkey)
(11-Jan-2004 at 06:11)

Thats not cool, disney movies are awesome, but now I look at them in a different way. Good work fellas.

Signature suspended by Valek for violating the forum's rules. 10 Pixels to big.

Look I even got bored enough to make it look purty
View Public Profile Visit S H I B B Y's homepage Find more posts by S H I B B Y Add S H I B B Y to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.56
(11-Jan-2004 at 07:28)

Yes in the Little Mermaid the priest does have a boner at the end, during the wedding scene, dont know who put it there or why it is there, of course Ariel is hot so why wouldnt he have a boner, maybe Disney was just going for Authenticity,

Also look at the box for the little mermaid, all the spiral towers of the ocean kingdom look like penises, well, some of them
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ictous Add Ictous to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DP of M)
(11-Jan-2004 at 12:21)

About the anti-Nazi propaganda... in WW2 many of the Jewish who could flee flew to the US. Alot of the prominent figures from the war (Einstein for instance) were Jewish people who fled from the Nazi's. Now for all we know some of these refugees were really good artists and were noticed by the WD corp. So what would you do, you have a really hated enemy and lots of resourses at your disposal... propagana.

And about the other stuff... that is all just a plotline, if you read or watch movies you would notice that there are basically three types of stories.
1. Tragedy happens in the beginning
2. Tragedy happens in the middle
3. Tragedy happens at the/right before the end

So disney just likes to choose the beginning because they have more time to build up happyness instead of the middle or end where there is much less time to build up a happy story (except vigilante stuff, but that is usually more killing or destruction of other people.)

SLEEP

Last edited by Drunken Penguin, 11-Jan-2004 at 12:22.
Edit reason: Why not?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drunken Penguin Add Drunken Penguin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Cydoc)
Donated $1.36
(11-Jan-2004 at 18:15)

Before WW2 Nazi sentiments were widespread. Great Britian had a Nazi party, the French had a Nazi party, many countries did. It isn't any surprise that you would find this in the U.S.
View Public Profile Find more posts by ghdfgsdrgsdfgdr Add ghdfgsdrgsdfgdr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(11-Jan-2004 at 18:47)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Cydoc)

Before WW2 Nazi sentiments were widespread. Great Britian had a Nazi party, the French had a Nazi party, many countries did. It isn't any surprise that you would find this in the U.S.

Many still do, as long as democracy provides freedom of speech, extremists will have their say, and rightly so. IN the words of Voltaire, "I may not agree with what you say, but I defend to death your right to say them"

People, like snowflakes, are all slightly different, but we all follow the same patterns -Stewie
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Some people are like Slinkies- absolutely useless, but always fun to push down stairs!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azure Dragon Add Azure Dragon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Jan-2004 at 01:37)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Ictous)

Yes in the Little Mermaid the priest does have a boner at the end, during the wedding scene, dont know who put it there or why it is there, of course Ariel is hot so why wouldnt he have a boner, maybe Disney was just going for Authenticity,

Also look at the box for the little mermaid, all the spiral towers of the ocean kingdom look like penises, well, some of them
In the Lion King, when Simba is being chased by the buffalo things just after his father dies, he runs down this big slope then changes direction. Upon changing direction a puff of dust rises and spells the word 'sex'.

I've also heard of someone in Aladdin that has a boner but have yet to verify it.

New and improved and back from the dead!!
View Public Profile Visit InToXiCaTeD's homepage Find more posts by InToXiCaTeD Add InToXiCaTeD to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Jan-2004 at 11:51)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Azure Dragon)

Many still do, as long as democracy provides freedom of speech, extremists will have their say, and rightly so. IN the words of Voltaire, "I may not agree with what you say, but I defend to death your right to say them"
Some things are inappropriate to say, but I can see your piont.

Don't take me too serious =)
View Public Profile Visit Craus's homepage Find more posts by Craus Add Craus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $32.64
(12-Jan-2004 at 21:52)

Another thing with the Little Mermaid. They had to change the cover of the release, because it was like the mermaid swimming infront of a castle, which 'accidently' looked like a big dick with ballsack. I saw a picture of it somewhere. Hehehehe.

After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

The only reason we die, is because we accept it as an inevitability
View Public Profile Find more posts by Phased Add Phased to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as The Bird)
(12-Jan-2004 at 22:09)

hahaha

And have any of you ever watched the three stooges? Have yo ever seen their characterizations of nazi's or japanese? Its just what they did to get people to watch them and it had an inadverdant effect of being american propaganda. Meh so what, its still funny.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Avian Terminus Add Avian Terminus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Jan-2004 at 14:26)
Interesting thought on the Disney cartoons. I saw similiar Popeye cartoons on Cartoon Network. Popeye was fighting the Japanese I think, and they were your stereotypical anti-japanese WWII cartoons. On the same show they had Bugs Bunny making fun of Hitler and Musslolini (sp?) I think.
View Public Profile Find more posts by unknownhombre Add unknownhombre to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Jan-2004 at 14:57)
Re: hahaha

Quote:
(Originally posted by Avian Terminus)
And have any of you ever watched the three stooges? Have yo ever seen their characterizations of nazi's or japanese? Its just what they did to get people to watch them and it had an inadverdant effect of being american propaganda. Meh so what, its still funny.
Think about how Arabs are portrayed in Hollywood movies. They basically have the choice of evil terrorist or at best comic sidekick.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bernel Add Bernel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Kazac of M)
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.04
(14-Jan-2004 at 15:18)
Re: Disney's new theme park, Nazi Land

Quote:
(Originally posted by Ictous)

But what I wanted to start a discussion about was Disney's use of cartoons during WW2 that were about Nazi.

On my computer I currently have one about Donald Duck being a factory worker for nazi germany, another one talking about the american attitudes during WW2 that werent condusive to the idea of a unified america, and also one about How Nazis are made.

I was just wondering what your ideas of these are, perhaps if you know any information that might not be common knowledge about them, or just how you feel about Disney using cartoons to teach hatred for the Nazis and the German people to american children, you could post it.
Won't someone please think of the Nazis...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kazac Add Kazac to your Buddy List Reply with Quote