Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as BlackDumDum)
(04-Mar-2003 at 17:11)

careless

Quote:
(Originally posted by Akatosh)
For you who dont have a firewall, get Zonelabs free one if you dont want to pay.
uh...zonelabs are for more advanced users,for people who dont understand internet or networking much,dont try to to touch this stuff,it will trouble you for sure

how stupid human can be : "If you are a [born-again] Christian, you will go to heaven; If you're following another religion, then by default you will go to Hell."
Radio program "Life on the Edge," sponsored by Focus on the Family, and directed to teens, 2001-MAY-5.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Loco Add Saint Loco to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Mar-2003 at 17:18)
Quote:
(Originally posted by SadisticGrin)

..but what's so french about that name swordman.. it's also an english word.
It comes from the french, but I didn't know it was used in english, that's why I asked if he was french (we're not that much around here especially for a few weeks , that's why I was curious)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Swordman Add Swordman to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Mar-2003 at 17:36)
Quote:
(Originally posted by BlackDumDum)

uh...zonelabs are for more advanced users,for people who dont understand internet or networking much,dont try to to touch this stuff,it will trouble you for sure
Not necessarily. It's actually a very good program that has very good documentation. It also simplifies internet access to the program level. Instead of asking or looking for more technical information, it will pop up and ask a question like, "Would you like Internet Explorer to access the internet?" Of course the answer is yes, otherwise you wouldn't be able to play Utopia.

Good to see the feedback folks. I'm glad that my post is helping a lot of people understand the issue.

Regarding the pro-swirve comment, it's acutally less that and more just getting frustrated reading so many posts slamming someone (or someone's business) without knowing or understanding the whole story. These attacks aren't the fault of Mehul and so he doesn't deserve the flak about it.

I LOVE the list of suspects... AOL is evil... so you never know... As for me being on that list... hehe Too funny... but if I was the script kiddie, then you would have read this document somewhere else before because I'd only know how to copy someone else's work.
View Public Profile Find more posts by glacier Add glacier to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Mar-2003 at 17:39)
Well said and well spoken

It is more then likely someone who just got deleted and wants to ruin everones round if he can't play. Either that, or it is someone who think it i unfair the way larger kingdoms can organize themselves, and it just happened that his kingdom was that target of an attack.

All we have to do is put a reward (utopian based, ie: anyone who comes forward will be given there own selection of who they want in there kingdom, ect.) and someone may eventually snitch. At which point, all 80,000 players send 1$ to some mercanaries who assassinate the cause of these evil deeds.

This was written more or less as a joke. (OR LESS prevaling)
View Public Profile Find more posts by plisken Add plisken to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Mar-2003 at 17:42)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Swordman)

It comes from the french, but I didn't know it was used in english, that's why I asked if he was french (we're not that much around here especially for a few weeks , that's why I was curious)
Oh, is THAT what you asked me? LOL

Nope, not French. Last French class I took was back around 1987.
View Public Profile Find more posts by glacier Add glacier to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Mar-2003 at 17:46)
I think Glacier did it since he knows so much about it! BURN HIM!
View Public Profile Find more posts by b18c1 Add b18c1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.56
(04-Mar-2003 at 17:49)
Thanks for the clarification...

the muddy swirl infront of my eyes is a tad clearer..

just glad to know how to defrag the puter.. dont think I would like to have all that other knowledge enough to crash the system.. that is just a bit too much info for my wee little brain to hold..

~~ Be feart oh lovely one you are in safe hands when you are here ~~
View Public Profile Find more posts by brn eye girl Add brn eye girl to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Mar-2003 at 18:19)
Thx for posting this!

I also read the article on the site you posted. I don't claim to understand everything, but it sure was an interesting read!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Orestes Add Orestes to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Mar-2003 at 03:19)
Quote:
(Originally posted by brn eye girl)

Thanks for the clarification...

the muddy swirl infront of my eyes is a tad clearer..

just glad to know how to defrag the puter.. dont think I would like to have all that other knowledge enough to crash the system.. that is just a bit too much info for my wee little brain to hold..
That muddy swirl's just your glasses, you forgot to clean them.
(05-Mar-2003 at 05:08)

sunglasses

To check your account on utopia go to quick utopia links when you connect to Utopia temple, then click on alternetive and choose what sever you are on and put your username/password and the next thing you know you are connected.

"Enjoy life"
View Public Profile Find more posts by zulema Add zulema to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Mar-2003 at 06:30)
http://206.104.8.56/utopia/login2.htm

This works very fine
View Public Profile Find more posts by norval Add norval to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Mar-2003 at 07:03)
sunglasses Absolutely fabulous

Thanks for the great post. I've read those things some time in the past but happily forgotten it already. Refreshed my memory nicely.

(Now we know we need to arrest Bill Gates...)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Max Fun Add Max Fun to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Mar-2003 at 07:23)

wow, im impressed that you took the time to type all that. i learned alot more from reading this post than i did takin a computer class haha!

you are very educated in the area of computers. and if you tell me this is 'common knowledge' then i havnt been paying enough attention to my computer.

about that trojan thing, id like to read more about how to check for viruses. and what to look for if a virus is on my comp. i download ALOT of stuff. so it would be nice to know. even though i have a virus scan and a virus shield on my comp. i use it regularily too. but nothing comes up most of the time.

just goes to show that you cant immediatly blame mehul for everything. he does what he can. i wonder how he puts up with all the bullshit we(we being the ones who play utopia) give him. im suprised he hasnt pulled the plug on this FREE game yet.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bigshot Add Bigshot to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Evolution NH)
(06-Mar-2003 at 00:43)
Yea, all these rumors about a bad server is wrong, its those ******* DOS thats screwing the game up. Its clear like water the way you explained it
View Public Profile Find more posts by Evolution Evo Add Evolution Evo to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Mar-2003 at 00:46)
lazy smile Glacier and Utopian Player in Antartica

Sounds too fishy to be concidently true?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Serafen Add Serafen to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Mar-2003 at 00:48)
now, is it down again?
View Public Profile Find more posts by pupsmarie Add pupsmarie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Celtics Rage)
(06-Mar-2003 at 00:48)
content

thank you, Glacier!
I just hope it doesn't happen again!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtics Legend Add Celtics Legend to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Mar-2003 at 00:49)
Good job with that post.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Irongauntlet Add Irongauntlet to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Mar-2003 at 00:49)
can anyone respond to my post above??
View Public Profile Find more posts by diesel Add diesel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Mar-2003 at 01:03)
content

Well-said, Glacier. Hopefully this stops the vast majority of the confusion (I'm sure someone will still complain, but what can you do).
View Public Profile Find more posts by MantisLives Add MantisLives to your Buddy List Reply with Quote