Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as FattyC)
Donated $1.00
(29-Oct-2003 at 19:59)

intelligent life on other planets

how do you guys feel about there being intelligent life anywhere else?

I personally believe that there must be, somewher in this vast universe, intelligent life besides our own. It doesn't make sense that out of the trillions of worlds similar to ours that we have already discovered that there is no intelligent life on any of them.

What's your opinions?
View Public Profile Find more posts by PHRACK Add PHRACK to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.12
(29-Oct-2003 at 20:02)

Re: intelligent life on other planets

Quote:
(Originally posted by FattyC)

how do you guys feel about there being intelligent life anywhere else?

I personally believe that there must be, somewher in this vast universe, intelligent life besides our own. It doesn't make sense that out of the trillions of worlds similar to ours that we have already discovered that there is no intelligent life on any of them.

What's your opinions?
i agree with you, but i dont believe that other intelligence have come here

There's nothing like the sound of hundreds of voices screaming in unison - Kefka

Attention Blisk. I am Cryptosporidium of the Planet Furon. This planet is now a territory of the Furon Empire. And your asses belong to me. - Crypto-138
View Public Profile Find more posts by cathou79 Add cathou79 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Oct-2003 at 20:13)
Quote:
(Originally posted by cathou79)

i agree with you, but i dont believe that other intelligence have come here
neither do I, but that was not the Q.

And fatty, could you tell what you mean with intelligence?

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
View Public Profile Find more posts by it is me Add it is me to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as FattyC)
Donated $1.00
(29-Oct-2003 at 20:19)

I mean by intelligent life as in living beings that can think like us, create things, and have opinions. Not animals......but there must definately be that though
View Public Profile Find more posts by PHRACK Add PHRACK to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.12
(29-Oct-2003 at 20:24)

in fact the big question is : does they existe at the same moment than us. i guess that a percentage of other civilisation extinguish long ago, and that a percentage is still to be born...

There's nothing like the sound of hundreds of voices screaming in unison - Kefka

Attention Blisk. I am Cryptosporidium of the Planet Furon. This planet is now a territory of the Furon Empire. And your asses belong to me. - Crypto-138
View Public Profile Find more posts by cathou79 Add cathou79 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as FattyC)
Donated $1.00
(29-Oct-2003 at 20:28)

hmmmmm...thats an interesting way to look at it. the fact that our species, for all that we know, has existed for only the slightest fraction of time compared to the rest of the universe......cool
(30-Oct-2003 at 00:33)
I'm having a hard enough time finding intellligent life on this planet

Well, there is some, but not as much as you might think.

O, let my land be wher Liberty
Is crowned in no false patriotic wreath
But opportunity is real, and life is free
Equality is in the air we breathe
-Langston Hughes, Let America be America Again
View Public Profile Find more posts by Zfalcon Add Zfalcon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Oct-2003 at 00:44)

There most definitely is intelligent life on other planets.

The thing is though, that those forms of life will look nothing like us, because evolution works in strange ways, and never the same way twice.

One thing I am almost certain of though: Aliens would most likely not breathe oxygen like us, because oxygen is one of the most corrosive gases known.

And that concludes another random pontification by Saugus!
Cornell University
Class of 2009
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saugus Add Saugus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Oct-2003 at 00:53)
we always think that, if they are exist, aliens are more intelligent than us. What if in the whole universe we are the most advanced species, and if some other species exist, they will be only known when we are able to explore the universe? possible?

Even in The world of black and white, there's always grey.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Zippikay Add Zippikay to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old Poz
(30-Oct-2003 at 01:03)
Pretty difficult question though...

Intelligent life. huh? Well i think that ANY sort of life would be interresting to find. It would of course be alot more exciting if it was intelligent, but lets take a look back...

How long has our "Earth" existed, compared to the rest of the universe? How lon have humanity (as we know it, homo sapiens) existed compared to our "Earth", compared to the universe? And for how long did we have this thought, i dont think we had it 1000 years ago, again comparison

I dont think i need to say more, the above says it all, we have only lived a so very small amount of time of the universe, and (maybe) many civilizations have been exstinquised millions, of years ago, and yet some of them wont be born for as long as humanity will go on (Cuz it wont last forever, everything has and end)

So if we just say that we meet a civilization that "looks like our" (Which is almost impossible), how reasonable is it that they are at the same stadium of live as we are - Just think of a civilization 100 years ahead of us, and maybe 1 million year ahead of us - Its impossible to imagine!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Poz Add Poz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.56
(30-Oct-2003 at 01:53)

Intelligent life on other planets? Buddy you are getting ahead of yourself, I am still trying to find intelligent life on this planet ...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ictous Add Ictous to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Oct-2003 at 01:58)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Ictous)

Intelligent life on other planets? Buddy you are getting ahead of yourself, I am still trying to find intelligent life on this planet ...
i totally agree with you
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeadMenWalking Add DeadMenWalking to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Contradiction)
Research Group
(30-Oct-2003 at 01:59)

I think there must be.. since we are such a small portion of the ever expanding universe it would be foolish and very arrogant of us as the human race the think we are the one and only "intelligent" life forms in the universe...

"Someday someone will best me. But it will not be you and it will not be today."
"Few who say nothing are silent."
Every fool knows you can't touch the stars but it doesn't stop a wise man from trying.
View Public Profile Find more posts by L0rd Snow Add L0rd Snow to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Angry Beaver X)
(30-Oct-2003 at 03:45)

if it could happen here it could happen out there. however there is NO way that aliens visited earth in my opinion

|Why do people care so much about hair? In a few years it will turn grey and fall out anyways?||Only the most shallow people dont judge by appearances" Oscar Wild ||Only two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity, but im not sure about the former" Albert Einstien||I drink in order to make other people more interesting||Advertising can be discribed as the arresting of human inteligence long enough to make money from it|http://www.legalreactor.topcities.com
View Public Profile Find more posts by Angry Beaver Z Add Angry Beaver Z to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.56
(30-Oct-2003 at 07:42)

If there isnt intelligent life on other planets where do Vulcans and Klingons come from?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ictous Add Ictous to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Oct-2003 at 08:22)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Poz)
So if we just say that we meet a civilization that "looks like our" (Which is almost impossible), how reasonable is it that they are at the same stadium of live as we are - Just think of a civilization 100 years ahead of us, and maybe 1 million year ahead of us - Its impossible to imagine!
Try to extrapolate what humans would do given one million years more? Wouldn't we be busy colonizing the galaxy, something that should be possible to do in just a few million years. So, if there are more advanced species anywhere nearby, why do we exist? Shouldn't they have taken over long before we had a chance to develop?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bernel Add Bernel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.80
(30-Oct-2003 at 08:42)

i would say there is

HIKARI
Dai Lou of Asian Triads
Life is meant to be miserable..thats why i dun give a shyt to anyone.....i'm going to be myself...
-Hikari's Quote
View Public Profile Find more posts by HiKaRi Add HiKaRi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Oct-2003 at 08:46)

Maybe the aliens dont haf the mentality to destroy nearly everything we can get our hand on to....
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeadMenWalking Add DeadMenWalking to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Black Fighter)
(30-Oct-2003 at 13:44)

Yes there is and they have been here.
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old HWG
(Posted as herewego)
(30-Oct-2003 at 14:13)

This is a technicality... and surely, given the nature of evolution we would be very different in say, 1 mil years... but if we began collinizing other planets... then our species (as an overall species) could indeed carry on for a very very long time.... the universe is a very big place after all and therefore branches of the species would survive longer than others, hence there would be a relativly good chance of bumping into new civilizations over the long stretch of years..... some branches of our own species would become more and more advance.. whereas others may go in the opposite direction.... but, the chance is there.

As for intelligent life now.... I can't see why not... the universe is infinite (apparently).... therefore it would seem very very strange if we who inhabit one planet in a solar system that is sooooooooo small (I wouldn't like to imagine what the percentage ratio would be... and besides such a thought is irrelivant as the universe is apparantly infinite) in the scheme of things..... happen to be the only "intelligent" life.
View Public Profile Find more posts by HWG Add HWG to your Buddy List Reply with Quote