Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(29-Jan-2004 at 19:08)

Other Utopia like games?

I was just curious how many other games similar to utopia were out there along with their url. As I heard of some, though never played. So feel free to give a short synopsis on the game too, feel free to explain relating to utopia a smost users know that as a base.

I figure I'll start this off as I just finished my game, which is similar to utopia but not exactly the same. call it a utopia clone and I'll rip your throat out. Also, no idea is original, everything is based off of something else, as I have several idea on what utopia was based on.

Anyway let's get this started...

Rise Of Kingdom
www.riseofkingdoms.com

-Similar to utopia. Slightly more complicated, best for experienced users, though still good for noobs. Currently in late beta stages, designed by me, Sir C. Woot!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sir C UTS Add Sir C UTS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Pegster NI)
(29-Jan-2004 at 19:43)
Dominion, Orkfia, Planetarion, can't think of more atm

There's a new game coming soon, too, but that's not finished yet.

Pegster- Vanquisher of animals, wrestler of humans and succumber to high heels!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Pegster Add Pegster to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jan-2004 at 19:48)
use google to search for them u'll find a load, also
*points to siggies*
the link in that is to a game in the making
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nitro Inc Add Nitro Inc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jan-2004 at 20:55)

whatever you do, do not play runescape.

Favorite Thread - Favorite Babe
Official cRoNiK ToKeR
View Public Profile Find more posts by Zyko Add Zyko to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jan-2004 at 21:17)
Rise of Kingdoms looks like a neat game. Is that your creation? Are you running and managing it? It must have taken a lot of time.

Is it fully functional or still in testing phases?
View Public Profile Visit TheRookiee's homepage Find more posts by TheRookiee Add TheRookiee to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jan-2004 at 22:41)

yup, I deisgned it and a friend of mine, Rashid, is the coder. Took 15 months to develop, code, and alpha test. We're still adding things and I'm hoping to balance the game in thenext round or two when we get more people playing so I get an idea how things are
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sir C UTS Add Sir C UTS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jan-2004 at 23:16)
It looks like a sweet game! Very nicely done. The complexity of the game will mean more to figure out and a lot more strategy.
View Public Profile Visit TheRookiee's homepage Find more posts by TheRookiee Add TheRookiee to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jan-2004 at 23:46)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Zyko)

whatever you do, do not play runescape.
why do you say that?
View Public Profile Find more posts by wallfire Add wallfire to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jan-2004 at 01:21)

I actually used to play another "utopia-like" game called StarKingdoms. It was ok at first, but then it got totally overrun with multis. And if you think alliances in Utopia are out of hand, you have definitely never played SK.

"...Here comes a candle to light you to bed, here comes a chopper to chop off your head!"
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
View Public Profile Find more posts by AviS187 Add AviS187 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jan-2004 at 05:11)

Quote:
(Originally posted by AviS187)

I actually used to play another "utopia-like" game called StarKingdoms. It was ok at first, but then it got totally overrun with multis. And if you think alliances in Utopia are out of hand, you have definitely never played SK.
ew. . . that games a utopia ripoff. . . lol or the other way around.

Quote:
why do you say that?
because i'm a loyal diablo fan and it's a ripoff to diablo. . .

Favorite Thread - Favorite Babe
Official cRoNiK ToKeR
View Public Profile Find more posts by Zyko Add Zyko to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DP of M)
(30-Jan-2004 at 07:29)

Have to agree with Star Kingdoms... It lags so much. Like Utopia was a few days ago... non stop lag etc. problems logging in... Well it wasn't pretty. I quit after a week.

SLEEP
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drunken Penguin Add Drunken Penguin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Mercurius)
(30-Jan-2004 at 08:06)

Theres also Ambar.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose.
You don't ask why a field burns or a plague spreads.
Don't ask why I fight.

Asian Triads
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mercurius AT Add Mercurius AT to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jan-2004 at 09:40)
Ambar...i really hated that game, but nearly all are utopia clones, and hardly any have there own ideas
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nitro Inc Add Nitro Inc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Jan-2004 at 01:12)
Before I started playing utopia I played Kings of Chaos:

http://......................

I got to the top 50 and then i gave up because it got boring.

Go to the Utopia Guide for nOObs!!!

http://www.theobsessivemessenger.com/page3.html
View Public Profile Find more posts by c1187w Add c1187w to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Jan-2004 at 01:44)

Sir C UTS im gonna try your game out and see how it goes who knows, it might be good
View Public Profile Find more posts by Hells Army Add Hells Army to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Jan-2004 at 02:56)
hmm, looks very similar to utopia, tried to create an account but when i clicked the button nothing happened, you might wanna check that out.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Brother Add Brother Brother to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Jan-2004 at 08:59)

If you sleected to join a kingdom, some have passwords so you cannot join them, thus allowing only the people they wnat to join. Also make sure you fill out thing form correctly if youdon't u get yellow text to pop up.

I'd try again, sometimes the server lags a bit and u get a runtime error, that should be fixed when we move to a better server, which should be soon
(31-Jan-2004 at 09:41)

www.orkfia.net - kinda fun, you have to be patient though
www.visualutopia.tk - the best of them all, there's a map ( game is in beta stages)
www.dreamlandz.com - in alpha stages so it sucks currently
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tobleronex Add Tobleronex to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Jan-2004 at 11:44)
check this site out.. very useful

http://www.mpogd.com/
View Public Profile Find more posts by lady misako Add lady misako to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Jan-2004 at 21:30)
I signed for the first game, but I'm now waiting for a passworrd to be sent to me.

Go to the Utopia Guide for nOObs!!!

http://www.theobsessivemessenger.com/page3.html
View Public Profile Find more posts by c1187w Add c1187w to your Buddy List Reply with Quote