Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Donated $5.44
(31-Jan-2004 at 22:02)

I'm just waiting for Spherion to be done

Famous for nowty by nature
View Public Profile Visit Aerath's homepage Find more posts by Aerath Add Aerath to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Feb-2004 at 03:20)

Aerath, do you mean Spero? Because same...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Plagued Templar Add Plagued Templar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Feb-2004 at 06:18)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Sir C UTS)

If you selected to join a kingdom, some have passwords so you cannot join them, thus allowing only the people they wnat to join. Also make sure you fill out thing form correctly if youdon't u get yellow text to pop up.

I'd try again, sometimes the server lags a bit and u get a runtime error, that should be fixed when we move to a better server, which should be soon
You know it might be better i ever got a password!! It said would send a password, but never did. Yes i double checked to see if I put the correct e-mail address and i did. Its been well over 24hrs and i havent got futher than the home page.

I read everything too. So far so good, some lack a little description though.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Hells Army Add Hells Army to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DaBieLtJe)
(01-Feb-2004 at 15:59)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Tobleronex)

www.orkfia.net - kinda fun, you have to be patient though
www.visualutopia.tk - the best of them all, there's a map ( game is in beta stages)
www.dreamlandz.com - in alpha stages so it sucks currently
that visualutopia when I want to sign up I get this :

"We are curently making updates for the new beta, please try again later"

how long should this take ?
View Public Profile Find more posts by The DawG Add The DawG to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lamper)
Donated $4.64
(01-Feb-2004 at 16:12)
Strife...

I made a thread about in RGD today...

::: Dean Solutions
::: The Key to Your Web Solutions
View Public Profile Visit Tomer Dean's homepage Find more posts by Tomer Dean Add Tomer Dean to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Feb-2004 at 23:00)

You can blame our budget server on that, the main lag point is the poor quality of the server we are hosted on, though don't expect us to host our first beta on a top of the line server that costs tons of $, especially as it was just myself and my coder testing the game.

We are currently in the process of checking out a new host and to see if we like their service speed on our test server. If it is good we will move from our current host to where the test server is and that will hopefully reduce in game lag as well as email lag.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sir C UTS Add Sir C UTS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Feb-2004 at 19:01)
sweet game so far man, it will be nice to get a bunch of competition going. i registered, good luck
View Public Profile Find more posts by NationofHope Add NationofHope to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Feb-2004 at 07:00)

thanks. I'm busting my butt trying to fix bugs as quickly as possible, seems we're running about a new update about once every 7-14 days.

I think our first reset where players will go back to the default values (as our current updates keep players data) will be in the next 7-10 days
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sir C UTS Add Sir C UTS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Feb-2004 at 23:43)
i have a few questions. what are turns and how do you use them? how long will this game go?
thanks
patrick
View Public Profile Find more posts by NationofHope Add NationofHope to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Feb-2004 at 01:15)
http://dystopia.woofcat.com/

basically..the same as utopia, almost.
View Public Profile Find more posts by chibiray Add chibiray to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Feb-2004 at 19:02)
For Norwegian, but also scandinavian ppl: www.norwegianmafia.no !
View Public Profile Find more posts by malakiti Add malakiti to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as hamletballer04)
(10-Feb-2004 at 19:17)
medievalbattles.com

runs on half hour ticks

sabin.medievalbattles.com

runs on 5 minute ticks
View Public Profile Find more posts by PoPimp RW Add PoPimp RW to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Feb-2004 at 20:33)
Quote:

www.orkfia.net - kinda fun, you have to be patient though
www.visualutopia.tk - the best of them all, there's a map ( game is in beta stages)
www.dreamlandz.com - in alpha stages so it sucks currently
is visual utopia the same with a map
View Public Profile Find more posts by evil dead perso Add evil dead perso to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Feb-2004 at 20:41)

Quote:
(Originally posted by evil dead perso)

is visual utopia the same with a map
In Visual Utopia, you don't have a province, you have many colonies instead. It's important where you place them and such, you can have many armies moving around pretty much where you want, so the game has a whole new dimension compared to other games because of the map (to make it simple, you play on the map).
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tobleronex Add Tobleronex to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2004 at 06:44)

the turns just note how much time has passed, in case people can't decipher how time flows in RoK.

Hopefully our host will fix it's issues with out latest upload, as we messaged them, though we are have a new version out every 10 days or so. Which I think is hella quick for anybody to do, though it is very very stressful and time consuming.
(Posted as DApostle)
(11-Feb-2004 at 09:43)

Just started playing Orkfia

What I don't understand is that generally the people who play Orkfia hate Utopia.

But the games are soooooooo similar.

Utopias better mind!

DethApostle BoD - Dragon Heir
Knowledge is knowing that Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
View Public Profile Find more posts by DethApostle BoD Add DethApostle BoD to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2004 at 11:48)

Quote:
(Originally posted by DApostle)

Just started playing Orkfia

What I don't understand is that generally the people who play Orkfia hate Utopia.

But the games are soooooooo similar.

Utopias better mind!
The games are NOT similar =P
Utopia is all about being space efficient, in Orkfia you have so high population that space efficiency doesn't matter at all because you grow all the time!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tobleronex Add Tobleronex to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2004 at 12:13)

Quote:

The games are NOT similar =P
Utopia is all about being space efficient, in Orkfia you have so high population that space efficiency doesn't matter at all because you grow all the time!
and you grow all the time because it so fast paced. i like to call Orkfia a 4 hour game those of you who play might understand why

Halfling/Rogue \m/
View Public Profile Find more posts by 7thghost Add 7thghost to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Vladberg)
(11-Feb-2004 at 12:30)
I must mention Dominion again.
Dominion is according to me a great game, or at least it was when I played it.
There are 19 closeable races divided into good and evil (some things give bonuses against all evil or all good).

The best things with it:
1: You can chose to create a group so that you and up to 5 of your friends end up in the same kingdom. So you will always play with the people you want. There is also a reshuffle every age.
2: There is a storyline! The games actually moves forward sometimes just in a story otherwise directly effecting game play like a world wide famine.
3: There are some 20 wonders of the world that your kingdom can build that gives the hole kingdom bonuses as long as it stands.
4: More recourses more units more complex but not hard to understand in any way

5: the round started 3 days ago
View Public Profile Find more posts by Wallberg Add Wallberg to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2004 at 12:50)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Vladberg)

I must mention Dominion again.
Dominion is according to me a great game, or at least it was when I played it.
There are 19 closeable races divided into good and evil (some things give bonuses against all evil or all good).

The best things with it:
1: You can chose to create a group so that you and up to 5 of your friends end up in the same kingdom. So you will always play with the people you want. There is also a reshuffle every age.
2: There is a storyline! The games actually moves forward sometimes just in a story otherwise directly effecting game play like a world wide famine.
3: There are some 20 wonders of the world that your kingdom can build that gives the hole kingdom bonuses as long as it stands.
4: More recourses more units more complex but not hard to understand in any way

5: the round started 3 days ago
Dominion is just too much for me to think of.