Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(25-Mar-2004 at 22:01)
Europeans: just favorite targets

Played 10 or more ages, never seen such an mass deletion of US-Players...think swirve will loose the last bit support of EU-buisness, or why have I to recognize republican-popups or greencard-mess?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kesselring Add Kesselring to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2004 at 22:02)

I think he might have targeted one country to send a warning shot out to others that he does not approve of cheating. If it continues a lot we may see another country picked here before long and he will clean it up to. Unfortunate for sweden, but i guess somebody has to be the sacrificial lamb.

It is only a game. Life goes on.
View Public Profile Find more posts by PacoTheTaco Add PacoTheTaco to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2004 at 22:08)
I agree with Paco, The swedish are a buncha cheaters.

/point /jeer

You come home early,
And catch your wife with BLANK.
View Public Profile Find more posts by urlord Add urlord to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2004 at 22:11)
Quote:
Mehul: "Actually, it was. You and "Why"'s deletions had nothing to do with the rest of these. I'm not sure what triggered them offhand (I only handle the mass deletions), so I just reinstated your accounts."
Looks to me like Mehul is right for once.

Even tho sometimes he is wrong, he has re-instated peopl caught up in the deletions.

Everyone else hasn't really given a proper reason.

To be frank, I made this account while at my aunts in florida - well sorry chappie but i wouldn't believe you. Not everyone goes on holiday and creates internet game accounts - geek. You got caught accept it and move on.

Those who were "legit" e-mail him and mebbe u'll get re-instated..
View Public Profile Find more posts by Resolved Add Resolved to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2004 at 22:21)

Look at the bright side at least he did not delete you midage.

View Public Profile Find more posts by PacoTheTaco Add PacoTheTaco to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2004 at 22:26)
Well, Im not sure all those swedes were cheating, I know I wasnt, thats why I got reinstated.

My KD lost one more province, and I am sure he was clean too, he just has to prove it....

Deletions arent very strange in utopia, the strange thing with this one was that only swedes were affected...Could there be a connection to the nasty ads that affect only swedes??...they still affect me
View Public Profile Find more posts by MrEnigma1983 Add MrEnigma1983 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2004 at 22:28)
or mehul is simply doing a sweep starting with sweeden..
View Public Profile Find more posts by Resolved Add Resolved to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2004 at 22:30)

@MrEnigma1983

Quote:
Mehul: "For the people actually playing from Sweden and telling us they play from Sweden, the ad problem is fixed. The people who tell us they are from another country, but actually play from Sweden... well, that's another story."
View Public Profile Find more posts by OrionBlauw Add OrionBlauw to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2004 at 22:39)
Ok, I was going to post and say that the problems still exist for me. But remembered one of Mehuls answers, and flushed my Temp Internet Files.....and at the moment work fine again....

But last time couple of hours ago the problem was still there...
View Public Profile Find more posts by MrEnigma1983 Add MrEnigma1983 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2004 at 23:04)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Elminster)

But if only Swedish people were deleted, why?
Why not others, why not delete more people?
Because Mehul HATE people from Sweden. Simple as that.

Long live Sweden!
http://www.karlskrona.se
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Simon Add Lord Simon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.60
(25-Mar-2004 at 23:08)

Quote:
(Originally posted by CHaoZ)

He sounds like your common, everyday, pompous asshole, if you ask me.
I second that.

I don't think it's that he hates Swedes, I think it's because most of the people who play seem to come from Sweden, from my experience at least. If he doesn't move onto another country like the United States next, THEN there's a discrimination problem.

-------------------------------------
"Genius may have its limitations,
but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

-------------------------------------
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gamharlt Add Gamharlt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2004 at 23:18)

i wonder if anybody claimed they were swedish and weren't. This makes me wonder if there is a country that you can pick that has less ads?

(Posted as Sjoerd TA)
(25-Mar-2004 at 23:21)
Quote:
No one should ever criticise Mehul, he offers a free service without much benefit to himself, if you dont like it then dont play. pure and simple
hehehehe. I heard that mehul lives in a big house in Texas and he is making allot of money with our lovely game. 80k addicted players who login on the site at least once a day.....
View Public Profile Visit Sjoerd's homepage Find more posts by Sjoerd Add Sjoerd to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2004 at 23:34)
he makes money everytime anyone clicks on one of the ads even by mistake. i also run a game site and for obvious reason i wont say which one as i dont want the problems of spamming he got. but i run banners ads and etc and every time someone even touchs one of them i get from 2 cents us to 78 cents depending on whos ad it is. the republican ads pay 78 us cents for each time somone looks at it and 3 cents everytime u see it.

so he makes a fair amount of money from the site and that is why he wont sell it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by kingkiller Add kingkiller to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as noah1984)
(25-Mar-2004 at 23:39)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Resolved)
To be frank, I made this account while at my aunts in florida - well sorry chappie but i wouldn't believe you. Not everyone goes on holiday and creates internet game accounts - geek. You got caught accept it and move on.

Those who were "legit" e-mail him and mebbe u'll get re-instated..
ACTUALLY, think about it. If your going to be stuck somewhere boring with nothing to do but pick your nose you HAVE to find something to do. What ELSE but make a FREE internet account?! I personally take offense to the geek comment because I would have done the exact same thing being some place as boring as my AUNTS house! Why be bored to death when you can play an ONLINE game with OTHER PEOPLE that is FREE??

We all get what we want. Just not the way we want it. - ME
View Public Profile Find more posts by Shalkar Add Shalkar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2004 at 23:57)
Quote:
[i](Originally posted by Gamharlt) [If he doesn't move onto another country like the United States next, THEN there's a discrimination problem.
if you have such a problem with how mehul runs the games then you shouldnt play. i have been playing for 5 ages and i have yet to be deleted. and you know why? because i dont cheat.
View Public Profile Find more posts by PrinceOfAll Add PrinceOfAll to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2004 at 23:59)
Re: Mehul's Comments on the Deletions

Quote:
(Originally posted by Aerath)

Mehul: "For the people actually playing from Sweden and telling us they play from Sweden, the ad problem is fixed. The people who tell us they are from another country, but actually play from Sweden... well, that's another story."

Well, he's wrong... the ad-problem aint fixed. I started my account in Sweden, I have typed my info correct in my account, I live in Sweden, I play in Sweden, I have not traded my account, I have not been out traveling arounf the globe... but I do have ad-problems!

If You ask me I think he doesn't know what causes the problem...

/K
View Public Profile Find more posts by Karrock Add Karrock to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Mar-2004 at 00:02)
One thing Mehul has forgotten is that the EC has transformed europe into a miniature US and people accually move inside the EC alot more now, either for studies or work so every time someone moves they will have to send Mehul a mail telling him... OK I have moved now can you please change my initialcreation country, must be hell if you live around the benelux area you live in Holland go to school in Belgium and have have familyrelations in France, which is possible in real life but not on planet Mehul
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gevalia Add Gevalia to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Mar-2004 at 00:04)
mehul

hes a **** ***** and dont know a ****, I want back to my brother!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by kaozarn Add kaozarn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.36
(26-Mar-2004 at 00:06)

I imagine that the reason that Mehul has "targetted" Sweden is that he was fixing the ad problem, and either got complaints from accounts that weren't supposed to be in Sweden, or was just paying closer attention to accounts originating from Sweden. Since his attention was on the Swedish players already, they were the ones who were cleaned up.

No Comment
View Public Profile Find more posts by BrandonC Add BrandonC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote