Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(09-Apr-2006 at 10:06)
I hope it doesnt take too long
View Public Profile Find more posts by koln3dra Add koln3dra to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2006 at 10:06)
Re: World Servers are down!! Why you think it is??

Originally Posted by Starfiend:
His name is Greeney, im Greeny

Anyway, this age has been really good for not crashing. I think we should all appreciate the up time that we've had, and the free time that we've got right now. Go and kick a ball or something :P
woopsy dassy o well nothing important is really going on in the killer bunnies just recovering from a grunge war with johnysen :P
View Public Profile Find more posts by Barney Hooks Add Barney Hooks to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2006 at 10:08)
out of all the sites ive ever been on and all the webbrowser games i play, utopia is the only one that ive had these problems with...how can everyone else get it right, and swirve just cant.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Strat Attack Add Strat Attack to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2006 at 10:13)
I think this is something serious, Maybe a major problem such as hardware failure or a Hack attack, Either way its four thirteen am eastern standard and the servers are still down. Good night

Last edited by Jomil, 09-Apr-2006 at 10:13.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Jomil Add Jomil to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2006 at 10:17)

Re: Swirve servers are down!! Why you think it is??

Originally Posted by Sandoval:
All Swirve servers are down. It doesn't seem like a server crush, more likely something physical like cable/power issue. It happened before and I wouldn't be surprised by a forced end of age on WoL. I hope his ISP makes regular backups.
You're joking right? Do you understand how modern web systems work? Perhaps how computers work? Do a test - save something to your hard-drive and then pull the plug on your computer. Wait a few hours and power back. See all the stuff on your hard-drive? Still there aint it.. Utopia works the same way but everything is saved in a database.

A power issue for the actual server is highly unlikely. Most high end servers are in a managed environment with mutiple redundant UPS and backup generators. A much more likely scenario is simply an upstream network failure or a DoS attack.

I would be surprised by a forced end of age, and the ISP making backups has nothing to do with swirve. Does your ISP make backups of your pc for you? No.. and you don't want it to.

This comment best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.
Try it and end the IE frustration.
Recommended by US-CERT
View Public Profile Find more posts by Artega Add Artega to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2006 at 10:23)
What are you guys worried about??? IF it is the end of the age then so be it.. But if it is a bug then they will fix it. They wont just let thousands of players walk off.

just sit down and wait... stay in contact over messangers and everything is going to be fine...

Regards,
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bones2004 Add Bones2004 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2006 at 10:23)
No need to think lerr, Osama bin Laden is on his striking again -.-"...
View Public Profile Find more posts by DragLord Add DragLord to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2006 at 10:31)
Not sure why it is, but its been happening an awful lot lately, and I am getting tired of it. Anyone else? Sheesh now.
View Public Profile Find more posts by rotorite Add rotorite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2006 at 10:33)

I can't believe people actually think this is the end of the age. Come on, how stupid are you?
The end of the age is announced beforehand and would certainly not affect all of Swirve's sites. Besides, servers are not down during the end of the age. You don't get a white screen, but a message.
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $14.00
(09-Apr-2006 at 10:35)

umm it hasnt been happening an aweful lot lately. To my knowledge this is the first downtime this age and that is a definate improvement for swirve IMHO. ##:## right now so were going on 7 horus pretty quick. I hope they are back in then next 4 hours so i can login before i go to the Rob Zombie concert tonight

I never lived in fear i knew i'd die another die. I never viewed my life as something slipping away..
View Public Profile Find more posts by Undermined Add Undermined to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2006 at 10:42)
sad

end of age lol what a trip!
a bit of a bummer though
my kingdom is in the final 2 hours of war and about 5 of our attackers are leaving attacks to the final hour. might cost us the war easily cause we only got 5 attackers
View Public Profile Find more posts by alowe Add alowe to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Sir Kirkland)
Donated $1.48

I blame it on the kd we are at war with it obvious they were scared of my mighty kingdom. On a side note I believe that it should be up in the next 4 hours I am sure mehul knows by now and him and his staff will be working throughout the day (if its a major problem ) to fix it.

Silenced once by rogues of the forum now I am back.
bah no warning points anymore. What happened don't the mods want to talk to me in the banned thread again
I'm back yes lets all celebrate.
View Public Profile Find more posts by asjdajsdjajdsj Add asjdajsdjajdsj to your Buddy List Reply with Quote

Did you build enuf Farms?

Might be too bad for you if you havent
View Public Profile Find more posts by kotio Add kotio to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2006 at 10:47)
i tried for about 1 hours to log in and in the end i was able to (on the genesis server)
after some 10 minutes the server went down again...
i thinks the problem is with the internet conection, not with their hardware
View Public Profile Find more posts by hkenck Add hkenck to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2006 at 10:53)

Originally Posted by hkenck:
i thinks the problem is with the internet conection, not with their hardware
hmm, that could be more time costly if true, as it would mean they can't fix it themselves but have to contact their service provider
View Public Profile Find more posts by alowe Add alowe to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as not nerb)
Research Group
(09-Apr-2006 at 10:56)
Originally Posted by Brother Green:
The entire Swirve network is currently down and inaccessible. It appears to have started about 1.5 hours ago. The reason for the downtime is currently unknown. We will post more information when available.
They have been down for almost 7 hours now. Not 1.5 hours which is in the news.

Still really bad tho can't believe it has been so long.
View Public Profile Find more posts by brenton Add brenton to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2006 at 11:00)
freak

man, i need one of those hospitals, like the ones for people who need to get off drugs and go cold turkey, but for utopia.
i'm going through withdrawal symptoms

man, wheres my spellchecker
(Posted as IHateExplorers)
(09-Apr-2006 at 11:02)
careless Why are they down?.....because computers are fallable.

At least i hopefully will have my army back before anyone attacks me

Last edited by Brother Green, 09-Apr-2006 at 11:14.
Edit reason: Welcome to our forums! Please don't post in bold. Thanks!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Minsky Add Minsky to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2006 at 11:09)

:
Originally Posted by alowe:
man, i need one of those hospitals, like the ones for people who need to get off drugs and go cold turkey, but for utopia.
i'm going through withdrawal symptoms

man, wheres my spellchecker
damn if only we need to have someone event one where we go somewhere for a week without utopia would be worse then someone getting of heroin lol
View Public Profile Find more posts by Barney Hooks Add Barney Hooks to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2006 at 11:13)

Im not sure if this has anything to do with the server crash,but the charts were not updated at all yesterday,it stayed as

The Most Powerful Kingdoms in the World
March 1st, YR11

The whole day
View Public Profile Find more posts by moaustin Add moaustin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote