Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > Utopia Temple Support

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(14-Nov-2009 at 21:12)
tongue Cant use formatter..

For nothing.. i have mozilla firefox.. and everytime i try to use the formatter it keeps telling me:

ERROR: No recognized data was copied!
Was the right server type selected?

Help?
View Public Profile Find more posts by cheko1110 Add cheko1110 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Dec-2009 at 08:46)
Re: Cant use formatter..

There are two other threads about this problem. The reason for the error you're getting is the new Utopia date format.

Old utopia example:
May 1st, YR2

New utopia example:
May 1 of YR2

Of course, this doesn't seem to be a difficult fix for utopiatemple to do. Until they do, you can format news and CE by changing the dates, say using notepad, to the old format. Fortunately it doesn't seem to care if you use st, nd, rd or th for the ordinal suffix (look it up!)

So, you can paste the news into Notepad, replace all " of YR" with "st, YR" and then copy it from Notepad (or whatever text editor) into the formatter and it will work!

Last edited by Freebe, 22-Dec-2009 at 08:51.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Freebe Add Freebe to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-May-2010 at 07:32)

Originally Posted by cheko1110: View Post
For nothing.. i have mozilla firefox.. and everytime i try to use the formatter it keeps telling me:

ERROR: No recognized data was copied!
Was the right server type selected?

Help?

Same here,

please fix the formatter!

it does not work anymore (?)
View Public Profile Find more posts by lekajun1 Add lekajun1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-May-2010 at 07:40)

Originally Posted by Freebe: View Post
There are two other threads about this problem. The reason for the error you're getting is the new Utopia date format.

Old utopia example:
May 1st, YR2

New utopia example:
May 1 of YR2

Of course, this doesn't seem to be a difficult fix for utopiatemple to do. Until they do, you can format news and CE by changing the dates, say using notepad, to the old format. Fortunately it doesn't seem to care if you use st, nd, rd or th for the ordinal suffix (look it up!)

So, you can paste the news into Notepad, replace all " of YR" with "st, YR" and then copy it from Notepad (or whatever text editor) into the formatter and it will work!

That's a load of crap to have to go thru everytime, and I have 4 pages I wanted to format but no way I have the time for all that!

so it's basically crap now, this sucks!
View Public Profile Find more posts by lekajun1 Add lekajun1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-May-2010 at 18:38)

Originally Posted by lekajun1: View Post
That's a load of crap to have to go thru everytime, and I have 4 pages I wanted to format but no way I have the time for all that!

It is a simple "Find, Replace All" action. Regardless of whether it is 1 page or 1000 pages, it will take the same amount of effort on your part. Use the functions provided with your software.

Time passes, people move. Like a river's flow, it never ends.
A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Felix Zalitz Add Felix Zalitz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old dmr
(18-May-2010 at 16:43)
temporary partial solution

I wrote a quick hack to provide a fix for this (but only with attacks/aid dont think it takes all intel but it takes some:

http://www.k3ltic.com/utopia/ceformatter.php
View Public Profile Find more posts by dmr Add dmr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Aug-2010 at 22:16)

Originally Posted by lekajun1: View Post

still dont work even if u change the dates, get off your lazy butts and do some work to the formatter.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Taint Spot Add Taint Spot to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Aug-2010 at 22:22)
Re: temporary partial solution

Originally Posted by dmr: View Post
I wrote a quick hack to provide a fix for this (but only with attacks/aid dont think it takes all intel but it takes some:

http://www.k3ltic.com/utopia/ceformatter.php

ya thats real nice, basicly the same as used on the old earth, plus it automaticly sends you a copy of everything thats inputed, nice for u, do no ops and still get all the info.

if anyone is using this to input your own kingdom or province stats, do u wonder why your being hit so much by his province? really u just supplied him with all your info.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Taint Spot Add Taint Spot to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(13-Sep-2010 at 07:59)
firefox is a good browser,but if we wanna download,it works slowly
View Public Profile Find more posts by hammery Add hammery to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old dmr
(15-Sep-2010 at 13:40)
Re: temporary partial solution

Originally Posted by Taint Spot: View Post
ya thats real nice, basicly the same as used on the old earth, plus it automaticly sends you a copy of everything thats inputed, nice for u, do no ops and still get all the info.

if anyone is using this to input your own kingdom or province stats, do u wonder why your being hit so much by his province? really u just supplied him with all your info.
I dont save anything, its a direct send and retrieve nublet.
View Public Profile Find more posts by dmr Add dmr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old dmr
(06-Oct-2010 at 20:28)
http://www.k3ltic.com/utopia/prince/