Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Angel > Report Bugs and Problems

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(26-Jul-2003 at 03:19)
Science calculator displaying incorrect calculations/numbers

I've tried to think of every possible reason that this could be wrong, but honestly, it just looks like a bug.

In the screenshot of my science calculator, you'll notice I hovered the mouse pointer over the Housing science percentage on the right. It says I am at 18.8%, and that my maximum is 18.9%, which is fine. Except notice the area where it summarizes the Housing science. It says this:

Science Bonus: 18.9%
Points Needed: 48,185
Points to Learn: 0

The bar says I am at 18.9%, but the number next to the bar says I am at 18.8%. As you can see, my current Housing science points are well over 48,185 (48,888 to be exact), yet it still tells me I am at 18.8% Housing science. Which is correct, because that is what I'm at in the game itself. But how can 18.9% cost 48,185 points when 18.8% costs MORE than that? According to the numbers, I should be at 18.9% Housing science. The bar itself says I can learn more, but the summary says I can't learn anymore and that I am at the maximum of 18.9% Housing science. Yet I am not. Am I going insane?

Last edited by kyratal, 26-Jul-2003 at 03:28.
Edit reason: So, um, how am I supposed to attach a screenshot if I'm only allowed 153k?
View Public Profile Find more posts by kyratal Add kyratal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Jul-2003 at 03:45)
Here's the screenshot:
Attached Images
File Type: gif science-calc.gif (13.5 KB, 18 views)
View Public Profile Find more posts by kyratal Add kyratal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Jul-2003 at 20:58)
And just for the record, I upped my schools, and now the calculator says that the points I have in Housing science should equal 20.2% -- but the game says I only have 20.1% from the same number of points. I wish I had more info, sorry. Just looks like a glitch somewhere, good luck.
(29-Jul-2003 at 14:03)
smile

It's good thing that you look at the numbers, bcs it's a HUGE difference between 18.8% and 18.9%, HUGE!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by nevanpera Add nevanpera to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jul-2003 at 20:21)
Quote:
(Originally posted by nevanpera)

It's good thing that you look at the numbers, bcs it's a HUGE difference between 18.8% and 18.9%, HUGE!!
Yes, you're witty and sarcastic, I'm much amused. Really.

But this is called "reporting a bug". No matter how small the difference might be, it's still incorrect, and still possibly a bug. Thanks for playing.
(30-Jul-2003 at 03:00)
If you want someone to help you more information is needed. Race, acres, schools, happiness and probably more affect your sciences. It's hard to reproduce a problem when the relevant information is not given.

Laughter is the best medicine
View Public Profile Find more posts by rapunzel Add rapunzel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jul-2003 at 03:12)
Quote:
(Originally posted by rapunzel)

If you want someone to help you more information is needed. Race, acres, schools, happiness and probably more affect your sciences. It's hard to reproduce a problem when the relevant information is not given.
Good point. Halfling, 850 acres, 5.9% schools originally, 0% universities, Joyous, umm... I can't think of anything else that affects science off the top of my head. And it's not exactly a "problem" that I need help with, I could care less if it displays a percentage off on the calc. But I would imagine BG -does- care, so I offered it forth.
(31-Jul-2003 at 03:19)

Maybe there's some rounding in the amount of schools? Did you copy your main page so Angel can recalculate your science cost before copying the science page?
View Public Profile Visit DannoNZ's homepage Find more posts by DannoNZ Add DannoNZ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote