Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(16-Aug-2005 at 21:08)

Log file has been sent off and hopefully you will be able to point me in the right direction to get this sorted. I've also included details of the problem with the lastest version of the server on sourcefourge

Eagles may soar but ferrets don't get sucked into jet engines
View Public Profile Find more posts by shadow lord Add shadow lord to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Aug-2005 at 04:23)
replied to your email.

hopefully this can get straightened out !

Elessart - from the logs I am not sure it's firewall related, but I'm not a networking guru...

Utopia Age 3 Re-creation Project
Utopia Server System Project
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nutopia
IRC: irc.utonet.org (#nutopia)

Last edited by modulus, 19-Aug-2005 at 04:24.
View Public Profile Visit modulus's homepage Find more posts by modulus Add modulus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Aug-2005 at 12:00)

OK I've put the latest server up It can be reached at

ziptek.gotdns.org:7040

It works fine from the local lan.
Anyone who wants to try it please feel free

View Public Profile Find more posts by shadow lord Add shadow lord to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Aug-2005 at 02:07)

We'll, i still cant get it to work...i believe its because i have the IE7 bate 1. I cant figure out how to uninstall IE7 and install IE6...i know its possible, but i also know its hard. Any tips or suggestion (without having to reinstall XP)? I really want to get this to work...
View Public Profile Visit Elessart's homepage Find more posts by Elessart Add Elessart to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Aug-2005 at 12:48)

modulus, i send u an PM
at this moment, im at the house of my GF. but as soon as im home, i will create an server. Till then, patience my friends ill have to update some stuff, but it wont take long i have 2 PC's stand by to get the crap working.

Leader Of AoT, High Councillor For AoD
HTN is my banner making bitch. /Greeney
I am the Greatest Alliance Leader in Utopia. /Diamonds
I Bite. /Forgotty
Bouncing is my game. /Meli
View Public Profile Visit htn02's homepage Find more posts by htn02 Add htn02 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Aug-2005 at 13:36)

this actually seems as if u guys have something ehre, if u get this up and running, send me a pm, im very interested...the way utopia is now is pretty stupid, and old school utopia was real fun....

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Aug-2005 at 19:44)

we cannot send PM's as there are far to many people wanting a PM, check this thread to see if there is a server running.

I Bite. /Forgotty
View Public Profile Visit htn02's homepage Find more posts by htn02 Add htn02 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Aug-2005 at 20:47)

Can anyone confirm or deny whether the Client is configured for use with IE6? If so, is there a way me make it compatible with Firefox? I downloaded IE7 Beta 1 and i believe that this is whats causing the Client not to work. And i cant downgrade to IE6. Any help?
View Public Profile Visit Elessart's homepage Find more posts by Elessart Add Elessart to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Aug-2005 at 04:04)
That is an interesting hypothesis, I think it is definatly possible. I know that the client uses the internet explorer control from microsoft, so it's possible that updating to IE7 breaks the client- but the server, I don't know about.

The new server will use the internet explorer control as part of the administration system.

View Public Profile Visit modulus's homepage Find more posts by modulus Add modulus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Aug-2005 at 14:47)

when wil it be ready? server does not want to start:@ stupid thing:@

I Bite. /Forgotty
(25-Aug-2005 at 20:37)

Working fine for me

(26-Aug-2005 at 00:05)
htn02, avoid the 0.0.9.0 version on sourceforge - it doesn't work properly. I really need to take that down...

(01-Sep-2005 at 06:34)
yay thx, u rule dude im trying it out now il let u know if theres anything u wan help wit, got lotsa free time on my hands

msn: [email protected]
View Public Profile Find more posts by 5aclark Add 5aclark to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Sep-2005 at 17:23)
just a little update.

the server management system (SMS) is coming along (albeit slowly).

I have a basic interface set up, it's web-based, HTTP, so it's possible to access it from a browser.

right now, I'm implementing the player modify system, so that you can modify players via the interface (i.e. you don't need to be physically at the server location)

(25-Sep-2005 at 03:35)
I plan on releasing a new version of the server in the next few days. a few bug fixes and improvements, and will kick off the new server management system.

Research Group
Donated $2.44
(25-Sep-2005 at 15:43)

kool,
looking forward to it man,
been waiting for a very long time ^^
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Sep-2005 at 05:42)
server v 0.0.9.0a will be released in a few days, I am 99% done with it.

I won't go into details of all the new stuff, it's mostly just touch up and consolodation, but there is a new admin system in place (not much is complete there, though).

next major version of the server should implement the remainder of thief/magic ops and include some kind of news report system and messaging. possibly some sort of improvement in the net code, maybe some sort of xml-based protocol.

(28-Sep-2005 at 19:35)
new server is up:

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/nutopia

any questions, feel free to post them here or pm me and I will do my best to answer.

(28-Sep-2005 at 20:06)

how can i join? is it still possible?

i received one e-mail earlier on summer, but didnt have time just then as had my holidays..

ps. Maxkool sucks
View Public Profile Visit homppa's homepage Find more posts by homppa Add homppa to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Sep-2005 at 20:31)
I'm not sure who if anyone is running a server at the moment. Both the server and client are available on sourceforge so you can run your own server if you like.

it's still very much an alpha release though