Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > Complaints

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(30-May-2010 at 22:40)
Trolls

there are several people that have gotten out of hand for a very long time and nothing has been done to stop the trolling in the Utopia alliance area.

This thread is a new one:

https://forums.utopiatemple.com/showthread.php?t=78110

I would like something done about that.

Leader of the Apocalypse Alliance
www.apocalypsealliance.com

IRC: #AA and #apocalypsealliance
View Public Profile Visit Emperor Scott's homepage Find more posts by Emperor Scott Add Emperor Scott to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-May-2010 at 22:46)
http://forums.utopiatemple.com/showt...=4613&page=372

in that thread, you have felix123, greeney, Electra and even a Moderator Saint Sinner, paying into the Trolling BS

View Public Profile Visit Emperor Scott's homepage Find more posts by Emperor Scott Add Emperor Scott to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Post has been warned)
(31-May-2010 at 01:02)

lol Scott, you're the biggest joke in Utopia. 90% of my posts have been constructive and on topic. 10% have been to piss off people who have made some of the most idiotic statements on the forums. This "call people a troll because I'm lame and can't make up any arguments" is retarded and is the only thing thats gotten out of hand. Now learn to argue and spell if you want to be taken seriously. Also, calling a moderator a troll isn't going to help your lack of a cause.

Originally Posted by Greeney:
A small amount of somewhat sensible people > a large amount of idiots.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... /

Last edited by Greeney, 31-May-2010 at 01:02.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-May-2010 at 17:31)
Re: Trolls

Originally Posted by Greeney: View Post
lol Scott, you're the biggest joke in Utopia. 90% of my posts have been constructive and on topic. 10% have been to piss off people who have made some of the most idiotic statements on the forums. This "call people a troll because I'm lame and can't make up any arguments" is retarded and is the only thing thats gotten out of hand. Now learn to argue and spell if you want to be taken seriously. Also, calling a moderator a troll isn't going to help your lack of a cause.

you come out with a insult to try and create a arguement. Thats Trolling. The post I put in the AA thread is just updates on what AA is doing and there is nothing to argue about. Just a general up date. But the Trolls create arguements were there is no arguement needed.

The people I have listed as trolls, have done this time and time again over the past 7 years. Sinner says the reason why the forum is dead , is because utopia is dead. And i've told him over and over again over the past 5 years, if he would allow the conintuous trolling that, that is what would happen. the utopia forums are dead, but other forums that suppor utopia are quite lively. The Trolls are what killed this site.

(31-May-2010 at 18:59)

Thanks for proving you have no idea what's a troll. You also named a mod as a troll.
No forums here are lively Scott; time to get a grip.

that can be fixed... /
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $12.00
(01-Jun-2010 at 04:30)

Thanks for proving you have no idea what's a troll. You also named a mod as a troll.
No forums here are lively Scott; time to get a grip.
I'm not sure what a "troll" is either, yet, I still agree that -- there are people that love to argue, to-the-point-that-it, creates a unpleasant atmosphere.
View Public Profile Find more posts by khronosschoty Add khronosschoty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(01-Jun-2010 at 10:20)

Originally Posted by Emperor Scott: View Post
there are several people that have gotten out of hand for a very long time and nothing has been done to stop the trolling in the Utopia alliance area.

This thread is a new one:

https://forums.utopiatemple.com/showthread.php?t=78110

I would like something done about that.
I will look in to this one.
Did you use the report feature?

http://forums.utopiatemple.com/showt...=4613&page=372

in that thread, you have felix123, greeney, Electra and even a Moderator Saint Sinner, paying into the Trolling BS
I believe the string of posts you are referring to, of mine at least, were me putting an end to the assumptions made by you about other members of the forums. Thats not trolling ... that was correcting your assumptions.

Other than that you will need to be specific, I suggest using our report feature.

you come out with a insult to try and create a arguement. Thats Trolling. The post I put in the AA thread is just updates on what AA is doing and there is nothing to argue about. Just a general up date. But the Trolls create arguements were there is no arguement needed.

The people I have listed as trolls, have done this time and time again over the past 7 years. Sinner says the reason why the forum is dead , is because utopia is dead. And i've told him over and over again over the past 5 years, if he would allow the conintuous trolling that, that is what would happen. the utopia forums are dead, but other forums that suppor utopia are quite lively. The Trolls are what killed this site.
I believe I told you that we will not be restricting the freedom of speech that we give our users. Just because you dont agree with what they say doesnt give you the right to censor them.
You can choose to either argue with them or you can choose to ignore them ... either way its YOUR choice and as long as the members follow the rules of our board they will be allowed to post where they want.
However I will attempt to moderate the AA thread more in an effort to make sure the topic of discussion stays about AA and its members.

Originally Posted by khronosschoty: View Post
I'm not sure what a "troll" is either, yet, I still agree that -- there are people that love to argue, to-the-point-that-it, creates a unpleasant atmosphere.
a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Jun-2010 at 17:48)
so Greeney saying that i'm the biggest joke in Utopia in this thread, isn't considered trolling?

(01-Jun-2010 at 18:37)

so Greeney saying that i'm the biggest joke in Utopia in this thread, isn't considered trolling?
Just because I insulted you, it doesn't make me a "troll". I know it sounds fun to call everyone who disagrees with/insults you a troll. But then again someone who comes to this forum for the sake of lying and making up stories, over and over, on multiple different accounts to name everyone who responds to him as a troll might continue to lead people to question his sanity.

that can be fixed... /

Last edited by Greeney, 01-Jun-2010 at 18:38.
Donated $12.00
(01-Jun-2010 at 20:31)

I agree: if this is not a good example of "trolling" according to the example above -- then what is?

Last edited by khronosschoty, 01-Jun-2010 at 20:31.
View Public Profile Find more posts by khronosschoty Add khronosschoty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Jun-2010 at 07:26)

I agree: if this is not a good example of "trolling" according to the example above -- then what is?
Back when the word wasn't actually used anytime someone said something others disliked...

A troll was someone who came into a forum, chatroom, etc... for the sole purpose of pissing people off, with no actual interest in any of the discussions going on. They didn't care about being warned or banned, and they would make as many accounts as they could to do it over. They would come antagonize people enough for the sole purpose of getting them to respond in similar levels with no interest on anything else. Now the word seems to mean "person who makes comment I not like." I completely believe that, of all the people who I know still play Utopia, Scott is the one whose idiotic remarks and arguments I find most laugh-at-worthy.

Don't like it? Use the report-feature and write the name of the rule I'm breaking. Don't like how the warning system works? Go away and find a forum you like better. Or go make your own forum; I got an awesome name for one.

www. people_who_think_exactly_like_me_are_not_trolls_an d_everyone_else_is. net

that can be fixed... /

Last edited by Greeney, 02-Jun-2010 at 07:27.
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(02-Jun-2010 at 20:40)

No it is not. It is considered flaming.

Just because I insulted you, it doesn't make me a "troll".
This is true

I believe Greeney explains it well

Back when the word wasn't actually used anytime someone said something others disliked...

A troll was someone who came into a forum, chatroom, etc... for the sole purpose of pissing people off, with no actual interest in any of the discussions going on. They didn't care about being warned or banned, and they would make as many accounts as they could to do it over. They would come antagonize people enough for the sole purpose of getting them to respond in similar levels with no interest on anything else. Now the word seems to mean "person who makes comment I not like." I completely believe that, of all the people who I know still play Utopia, Scott is the one whose idiotic remarks and arguments I find most laugh-at-worthy.

Don't like it? Use the report-feature and write the name of the rule I'm breaking. Don't like how the warning system works? Go away and find a forum you like better. Or go make your own forum; I got an awesome name for one.

www. people_who_think_exactly_like_me_are_not_trolls_an d_everyone_else_is. net
To try and simplify what he said .. A troll is not a normal user who takes part in discussions but is a user whose sole purpose is to insult others and disrupt the normal flow of discussions. Greeney is not a troll, he has contributed to many of the topics here. A troll is someone that has never done so.

I hope you can see the difference.

I have reached a decision on some things that I will now let you become aware of.

Normally I don't do this publicly however I think that everyone here will benefit from the experience

Until now I was unsure if Scott should be warned for calling others trolls ... since he seems confused on what trolls are, he wont be. However now that it has been explained sufficiently, hopefully, any future use of the term that comes across as insulting for the sake of insulting will be warned.

Greeneys post will be warned since it was an insult purposely directed as such. I had held off on this until everything else in the thread was considered.

To refresh everyones memory, warnings are just that, it is not a punishment its self but a reminder to follow the rules and that breaking the rules does have consequences. If you feel that you have been wrongly warned you may plead your case to the moderator that warned you via private message or use the sticky thread in this section for a more public review and allow other moderators to judge the post in question.

This system is designed to keep trolls out. Any troll trying to be such would eventually be permanently banned according to our rules and regulations we have in place.

Please review the rules.

This thread will stay open if anyone else has a question about trolls or trolling.
I will try my best to answer them.'

However keep in mind that calling those members that have a history of valued contribution to this forum will be considered flaming and be warned as such. If you have an issue with a post any user has use the report feature that was specifically implemented for such and it will be investigated by the staff.

Thank you.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.36
(25-Jul-2010 at 06:18)

The problem is that people misunderstand the term "trolling" -- it isn't a reference to scary things that live under bridges. It's derived from the fishing term "Trolling", which denotes the practice of dragging bait behind a moving boat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolling_%28fishing%29

No Comment
View Public Profile Find more posts by BrandonC Add BrandonC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote