Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > Complaints

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(20-Feb-2008 at 20:49)

deleted thread

I had made a thread named "tear down Guantanamo" which was deleted without further explanation from the moderators which seems very wierd to me. I see this as an unjustified act since i cannot recall having violated any forum rules. I would be thankful for an explanation since im going to repost that thread, so for any mistakes i would like to aviod from doing them anew.

regards

[Holy Qur'an (Surah Al-Furqan; the Criterion]
Blessed is He who sent down the criterion to His servant, that it may be an admonition to all creatures (25:1)
But the misbelievers say: "Naught is this but a lie which he has forged [...] (25:4)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Armitage Add Armitage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Feb-2008 at 21:24)

I would assume that the mod(s) thought it would be a redundant thread. Generally, you're supposed to run a search for already-existing threads related to your topic. If you don't get any results or if your thread is different enough, then you go ahead and make it. Otherwise, you're supposed to use existing an thread to make your post.

Signature suspended for violating the forum's rules.
Signature contained non-English.
"The translation has to be valid, and easily verifiable by a moderator doing a quick search on the Internet."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Draco Eudokus Add Draco Eudokus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Feb-2008 at 23:41)

At first i posted in the Afganistan thread "Future of Afgan mission in NATO's hands" where i mentioned that my post may be slightly off topic but since Afganistan and Guantanamo are connected with the "war on terror" i thought that might be just ok. My post topic was a global online petition of Amnesty International against Guantanamo. I dont think it is an redundant topic although i admit, my post (and later my thread) was to raise awareness and not start a discussion (for which there are already appropriate threads!). However, the post got deleted and i got warning points from Konc for being off-topic which was a bit harsh from my perspective but its ok I suppose since it was kinda off-topic. So i started a thread with the same topic since thats the way to go and checking the violations list i dont see a rule against starting new threads as long as you dont post an inappropriate link or content.

Therefore i see deleting my thread without giving me a notice of the offence i have commited and without subsequently giving me warning point as a rather disturbing act.

So, either tell me what wrong i did or acknowledge that deleting my thread was an unjust action.

Im waiting for a respond from Konc as he has assured me to look into this matter. Im hoping to repost the thread soon.

peace

[Holy Qur'an (Surah Al-Furqan; the Criterion]
Blessed is He who sent down the criterion to His servant, that it may be an admonition to all creatures (25:1)
But the misbelievers say: "Naught is this but a lie which he has forged [...] (25:4)

Last edited by Armitage, 20-Feb-2008 at 23:43.
Edit reason: corrected a mistake
View Public Profile Find more posts by Armitage Add Armitage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(21-Feb-2008 at 03:09)

The thread was temporarily moved out of sight by a moderator, and has now been moved back to RGD.

"If You Fall, Ill Be There"
- Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote