Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > Complaints

Post New Thread Closed Thread
Author Thread
(Posted as AMYQ)
(19-Apr-2008 at 05:38)

Predictive Text

In the search function, it used to be that I would type for example AM and AMYQ would come up, or any users starting with AM.... Now thats not happening, and I can't figure out how to turn it back on!

I know its only a small thing, but I'm a bit daft sometimes, so its helpful for me! Thanks in advance! <3

INSANE CUBE FISH™
This is the clock up on the wall/This is the story of us all/This is the first sound of a new born child before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won/This is the soldier and his gun/This is the mother waiting by the phone praying for her son
View Public Profile Find more posts by Miss AmyQ Add Miss AmyQ to your Buddy List
Donated $4.24
(19-Apr-2008 at 08:10)

Are you sure that was in the search part? I only encounter it when writing PM recipient names.

Last edited by RoWizzies, 19-Apr-2008 at 08:11.
View Public Profile Find more posts by RoWizzies Add RoWizzies to your Buddy List
Research Group
Donated $3.24
(19-Apr-2008 at 08:25)

Re: Predictive Text

Originally Posted by AMYQ: View Post
In the search function, it used to be that I would type for example AM and AMYQ would come up, or any users starting with AM.... Now thats not happening, and I can't figure out how to turn it back on!

I know its only a small thing, but I'm a bit daft sometimes, so its helpful for me! Thanks in advance! <3
Perhaps it only works when you enter in a minimum amount of letters? From all the tests I've done so far it doesn't guess at 2 letters, while it always does at 3.

caution: this post may appear more intelligent and insightful than it actually is
all posts made by the above person should be considered a direct insult to your intelligence
if you don't like what we tell you to believe in, we'll kill you - President George Bush

Last edited by Duo Maxwell, 19-Apr-2008 at 08:25.
View Public Profile Visit Duo Maxwell's homepage Find more posts by Duo Maxwell Add Duo Maxwell to your Buddy List
(Posted as AMYQ)
(19-Apr-2008 at 09:05)

Try it with SaSi (thats who I was doing when I discovered that it doesnt work anymore) Typing in 'Sain' 'sai' or 'saint' all come up with no predictions, nor with 'AMY' or 'Spec'

I just checked and it's not working in PM's either.... Is it just me????

INSANE CUBE FISH™
This is the clock up on the wall/This is the story of us all/This is the first sound of a new born child before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won/This is the soldier and his gun/This is the mother waiting by the phone praying for her son
View Public Profile Find more posts by Miss AmyQ Add Miss AmyQ to your Buddy List
Research Group
Donated $3.24
(19-Apr-2008 at 09:20)

Try it with SaSi (thats who I was doing when I discovered that it doesnt work anymore) Typing in 'Sain' 'sai' or 'saint' all come up with no predictions, nor with 'AMY' or 'Spec'

I just checked and it's not working in PM's either.... Is it just me????
All of them work fine for me. Perhaps try a different browser?

caution: this post may appear more intelligent and insightful than it actually is
all posts made by the above person should be considered a direct insult to your intelligence
if you don't like what we tell you to believe in, we'll kill you - President George Bush

Last edited by Duo Maxwell, 19-Apr-2008 at 09:20.
View Public Profile Visit Duo Maxwell's homepage Find more posts by Duo Maxwell Add Duo Maxwell to your Buddy List
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(19-Apr-2008 at 09:20)

Is it just me????
I guess so, 'cause it's working just fine for me both on the search and the PM page. Which browser (and version) are you using?

"If You Fall, I’ll Be There"
-– Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List
(Posted as AMYQ)
(19-Apr-2008 at 10:30)

Mozilla 2.0.0.14

INSANE CUBE FISH™
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(19-Apr-2008 at 10:49)

Firefox 2.0.0.14?
Make sure your browser has javascript enabled.

Did you install any new extensions lately? Did you try to run your browser in safe mode (by running the application with the "-safe-mode" parameter)?

-– Floor

Last edited by Konc, 19-Apr-2008 at 10:51.
(Posted as AMYQ)
(19-Apr-2008 at 10:59)

Originally Posted by Konc: View Post
Firefox 2.0.0.14?
Make sure your browser has javascript enabled.

Did you install any new extensions lately? Did you try to run your browser in safe mode (by running the application with the "-safe-mode" parameter)?
Actually yes, how do I un-extension it? How do I safe mode it?

*NooB Alert*

INSANE CUBE FISH™
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(19-Apr-2008 at 11:06)

how do I un-extension it?
Menu Tools --> Addons, I'm sure you'll figure it out from there.

How do I safe mode it?
As I already said, by running the application with the "-safe-mode" parameter.

-– Floor

(Posted as AMYQ)
(19-Apr-2008 at 11:15)

I can read, thanks Naz. I just dunno how to do that. I looked in the help bit, nothin', I took a screen shot of my options when I right click on FireFox, nothin' and I am out of ideas.

Also attached are the Add-on's, dunno if either would cause this issue.

I lie, I found another issue, I can't attach pics, and I have to drag smilies onto my posts. WTF is goin on??

Maybe someone could add me to MSN and i can send them the pics to add??

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

INSANE CUBE FISH™
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(19-Apr-2008 at 11:59)

The easiest way to start Firefox in safe mode is to shut down the program (if you have it running), right-click the Firefox shortcut, choose "properties", and add a space followed by -safe-mode in the target box.

It should then say something like this:
Quote:
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode

-– Floor

Research Group
Donated $3.24
(20-Apr-2008 at 06:01)

I can read, thanks Naz. I just dunno how to do that. I looked in the help bit, nothin', I took a screen shot of my options when I right click on FireFox, nothin' and I am out of ideas.

Also attached are the Add-on's, dunno if either would cause this issue.

I lie, I found another issue, I can't attach pics, and I have to drag smilies onto my posts. WTF is goin on??

Maybe someone could add me to MSN and i can send them the pics to add??

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

If you have any addons that interfere with FF running scripts that is probably the problem. NoScript stops the predictive function from running on my FF.

(Posted as BrandonQ)
(20-Apr-2008 at 06:07)

I don't know how to emphasise this any more - NONE of this nerd speak makes any sense to me.... Sorry!

INSANE CUBE FISH™
(Posted as Celtic19)
(20-Apr-2008 at 06:34)

Start using Internet explorer <--- Simple and effective advice
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List
Administrator
(20-Apr-2008 at 06:51)

lightbulb Re: Predictive Text

Originally Posted by BrandonQ: View Post
I don't know how to emphasise this any more - NONE of this nerd speak makes any sense to me.... Sorry!
1. Click Start -> Run
2. Clear the textbox
3. Drag with the mouse the Firefox icon from your desktop into the textbox
4. Make sure the copied text is surrounded with quotes
5. Add at the end of it a space, then "-safe-mode" (without the quotes)
6. Click OK

This will run Firefox in safe mode, meaning that all your extensions (add-ons) will be temporarily disabled. If the problem resolves under this condition, it means that one of your extensions is responsible for it. In this case, restart Firefox in normal mode, and start disabling extensions one by one till you find the culprit. You will have to restart Firefox after disabling each extension. Good luck!

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List
(22-Apr-2008 at 03:04)

Re: Predictive Text (auto-complete feature)

Originally Posted by Celtic19: View Post
Start using Internet explorer <--- Simple and effective advice
Worst advice of the year.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / Ć
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List
(Posted as BrandonG)
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(22-Apr-2008 at 03:13)

You don't have the 'exact name' box check marked do you?
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List
(Posted as BrandonQ)
(22-Apr-2008 at 03:30)

Originally Posted by BrandonG: View Post
You don't have the 'exact name' box check marked do you?
I've tried both checked and UnChecked, safe mode and uninstalled all recent updates (even though they were only language and something called talkback.

here is the list of things that don't work:
The PM box doesn't flash when I get a PM
Smilies don't work when I click on them (sometimes i can drag them)
the autocomplete doesnt work in search or PM's
Can't add attachments

It's only on Mozilla, it all works on IE....

INSANE CUBE FISH™
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(22-Apr-2008 at 05:14)

My guess would be that javascript got turned off or restricted somehow.

-– Floor

Closed Thread