Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > Complaints

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(22-Oct-2008 at 16:21)

Advertisement with Sound

So currently, an advertising for Adecco has been showing up for me right under the Utopiatemple banner. Now I don't mind advertisings generally, but this one makes sound. Not only does it make sound, but it makes a loud sound. Scared the crap out of me first time I heard it, now it's just really annoying.

Any chance that this could be fixed?

Modern world I'm not pleased to meet you

You just bring me down
View Public Profile Find more posts by Caelis666 Add Caelis666 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(22-Oct-2008 at 16:26)

Brother Green would probably have to contact the advertising network, which could take god only knows how long.

Ads with sound suck. Period.

On that note, I have no clue what your talking about.
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(23-Oct-2008 at 01:25)

lightbulb Re: Advertisement with Sound

I have removed this ad, and instructed to remove also all other ads with auto-sound. It is possible that more "annoying" ads will be added as a result, so please let me know if you see them and I'll remove them also.

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Oct-2008 at 09:38)

Thanks man.

Modern world I'm not pleased to meet you

You just bring me down
View Public Profile Find more posts by Caelis666 Add Caelis666 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Nov-2008 at 20:44)

"The new MMORPG Fiesta" is also doing a sound thing. It's only short, but it's still annoying.

Could you remove that one as well please?

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(26-Nov-2008 at 07:29)

question Re: Advertisement with Sound

Originally Posted by Lunor: View Post
"The new MMORPG Fiesta" is also doing a sound thing. It's only short, but it's still annoying.

Could you remove that one as well please?
I reviewed all similar ads, but couldn't find anyone with sound. Can you please attach a screen shot of it, so I could identify it?

BTW: If the sound is invoked by a user action (for example, hovering the ad), then it's legitimate and will not be removed.

View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Nov-2008 at 12:17)

It's only a short sound at the start of it, and it only comes up rarely, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

I'll take a screenshot next time.

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Dec-2008 at 14:43)

Took a while for it to come back, but here it was.

It was a ~5 second sound, not dependant on whether I moused over it or not.

Since it is so rare (and no one else seems to be bothered by it), you can leave it up if you want. Just placing it here to prove I'm not crazy

Here's the action photo (sound not included):
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Fiesta!.bmp (396.6 KB, 17 views)

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)

Last edited by Lunor, 14-Dec-2008 at 14:45.
(16-Dec-2008 at 21:12)

Re: Advertisement with Sound

Originally Posted by Lunor: View Post
Took a while for it to come back, but here it was.

It was a ~5 second sound, not dependant on whether I moused over it or not.

Since it is so rare (and no one else seems to be bothered by it), you can leave it up if you want. Just placing it here to prove I'm not crazy

Here's the action photo (sound not included):
It's here quite often now, and it's getting a little annoying when I'm listening to music and such.

Any chance you can remove it after all?

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
Administrator
(17-Dec-2008 at 02:37)

This is weird, but I couldn't find this ad in our pool. I found other ads for this game, but they were harmless.

(17-Dec-2008 at 04:05)

Thank you BG For your quick and responsive handling of the ads. I for one don't see any adds on UT, but knowing you work this well at making your users happy ... thank you.
View Public Profile Visit Roxtin's homepage Find more posts by Roxtin Add Roxtin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Dec-2008 at 11:20)

Originally Posted by Brother Green: View Post
This is weird, but I couldn't find this ad in our pool. I found other ads for this game, but they were harmless.
That *is* weird.

Oh well, thanks for looking.

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)