Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Round start time question
Shorter Freeze Time, start round on schedule 77 39.69%
Normal Freeze Time, delay round start 100 51.55%
I don't care / I will complain anyway 17 8.76%
Who voted? Voters: 194
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Administrator
(08-Nov-2008 at 03:27)

question Round start time question

With the server move being delayed, would you prefer to have a shorter Freeze Time and start the round on schedule, or have a normal Free Time period, and start the round a bit later?

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 04:14)
Re: Round start time question

I believe a good number of players have had things planned ahead before the dates get or will get delayed again, and if the dates shift again it'll probably inconvenience a lot of them.

I don't see why we need extra freeze time anyway, the accounts and forums were still open for days the past week after the game was frozen for end, that should have been plenty of time for discussion and planning.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Asakura Add Asakura to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 04:18)
There should be a delay since we have to get the people moving forward again.
Yes we have had time to plan but there are always issues with a reset once we start back up.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Uthar Add Uthar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.00
(08-Nov-2008 at 04:25)
tongue

Can't wait to play...dying of withdrawal

When exactly is the "start on schedule" date and time though???
View Public Profile Find more posts by tletc Add tletc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 05:24)
The reason I think that the you should carry on with the normal delay/freeze time is that major changes were made while waiting on this portion of the age end. The problem with immediately going to the normal start state after postponeing it is that alot of kingdoms will find provinces not in theme or proper race for the kingdom. I still feel provinces who have been waiting expecting to have the freeze time to properly setup their account according to kd will be without that option. Which really isnt too fair.
View Public Profile Find more posts by PlatiumHD Add PlatiumHD to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 06:24)
There's more than enough time already to discuss KD theme/race/personality. Doesn't take more than 10 mins to "properly set up your account" during freeze time. There's no reason for extra freeze time unless major changes were made to the "final" changes, the KD forums were up plenty long for any discussion about that.

Shorter freeze time please and get the game started already!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Rasbarin Add Rasbarin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 06:27)
24 hr is fairly enough time for Freeze Time because everyone has different time zone.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Rocklee Add Rocklee to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 06:30)

Originally Posted by Rocklee: View Post
24 hr is fairly enough time for Freeze Time because everyone has different time zone.
I think 24 hours would be fine, just as long as we have that much time, as not every province may have been paying attention to the forums... its not every age that this situation occurs.
View Public Profile Find more posts by PlatiumHD Add PlatiumHD to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 08:02)
ninja Bring it on

It has been long enuff now...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brikeling Add Brikeling to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 08:07)
ninja Come on. Pfft

This is taking toooooo looooonnnnnnggggggggg
View Public Profile Find more posts by facula Add facula to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 08:38)

this sucks...all this situation sucks...i can't make my prov...u OMAC guys suck...
View Public Profile Find more posts by lazar Add lazar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 08:58)
I don't know maybe it is my amarican education or thier lack of experience but am i wrong for thinking omac has nearly no idea what they are doing. the testing should have been done last week and the dns should be done already it is not hard to migrate a server unless it is like your first time. call me what you will. I have a bs in network administration so i do know what i am talking about. but maybe omac does not have people with the knowledge of the businesses i deal with.

I feel as if omac is not giving us (The people who pay thier wages) the respect we deserve.

Not only must you have knowledge but you must also learn how to use it
View Public Profile Find more posts by vistar Add vistar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as xX DoN JuaN Xx)
(08-Nov-2008 at 09:23)

give everyone the normal freeze time...players in KDs who have taken days off in waiting for the new age may need the normal freeze time to get all players on the same page BEFORE age actually begins.

"Respect the one who defends his land with bravery, but honor the price he pays to fulfill his duty."
-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
PyroManiaC | [email protected] | SC2 BattleNet: DonJuan5420
View Public Profile Visit xX DonJuan Xx's homepage Find more posts by xX DonJuan Xx Add xX DonJuan Xx to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 09:43)

With the move, delays and setback are almost expected ... so I wasn't really surprised when the message popped up on UT's homepage. But, I'll be alright with the delays if it means that OMAC gets the start of this age running smoothly and without too many bugs.

As for the actual freeze time, I'd like to have my normal 3 day period to get my prov up and running ... starting the age off on schedule isn't important, but having a good freeze time is critical.
View Public Profile Visit Roxtin's homepage Find more posts by Roxtin Add Roxtin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 12:28)
Our Kd had people waiting for midnight start time to get going. We are ready. weekend start easier too.
View Public Profile Find more posts by IGee88 Add IGee88 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 13:04)
OMAC needs to make sure that everything works properly first.. Don't rush into things!! Keep freeze time normal...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gravity Add Gravity to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 13:31)
The poll did not offer *my answer: Like, *yesterday, Dude!

The Voices in my head don't like you, so be vewy careful...
View Public Profile Find more posts by GetLucky Add GetLucky to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.80
(08-Nov-2008 at 13:35)
If I was paying to play then I might argue one way or another but since it's free I can't really complain.
View Public Profile Find more posts by pa414500 Add pa414500 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 14:20)
wow.. the results are very close.. LOL
View Public Profile Find more posts by xxyyzz Add xxyyzz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 14:56)

Off topic, but whatever. Has anyone else tried to create a new account? I tried starting a couple days ago and have been unsuccessful everytime. I used to get the Server Full message, now I'm just getting an error (that I assume is associated witht he DNS problems they talk about). I couldnt find any announcements on new accounts, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Have a HooT
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lucan Add Lucan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote