Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: What does god look like in your head?
Black, Clean Shaven 0 0%
Black, Bearded 3 4.62%
White, Clean Shaven 3 4.62%
White, Beared 17 26.15%
Other 42 64.62%
Who voted? Voters: 65
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(16-Feb-2008 at 04:54)

Quote:
Or Bob Saget
that just made my day

And I picture god as depicted on The Simpsons.

"I once went on a long marathon session of masturbation with the goal of doing it 5 times and towards the end I was losing the ability to get it up. I started freaking out because that had never happened to me before and thought I had somehow broken something. After getting that fear in my head I had REAL difficulty getting it up no matter much much I touched it. -RA3
View Public Profile Find more posts by Californication Add Californication to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Feb-2008 at 04:56)

Re: Do you consider god to be white?

Originally Posted by Drizzt: View Post
Are you talking about Jesus, you mean? Or any generic god? Any reason you left out all other colors but white and black? Vishnu is blue, you may have offended some hindus right there.

Jesus was probably black. As for God himself, he is beyond description of a color.
Okay, well definently wasn't meaning jesus. And cause the billboard I saw was refering to the christian god, I guess thats who I meant, but any god will do

Spectre: I'm cold
Me:*Sends picture of tits* That should warm you up gap Spectre: Only a small region
Me: Or maybe this *Sends picture of couple screwing* gap Spectre: the rest of me is still cold
AMYQ: small huh???
View Public Profile Find more posts by palmtree Add palmtree to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Post has been warned)
(16-Feb-2008 at 05:03)

Other was the best fit for me as well as Im agnostic.

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(16-Feb-2008 at 07:19)

Originally Posted by Invictus2001: View Post
Other was the best fit for me as well as Im agnostic.
That doesnt answer the question, care to elaborate?

As for me ..

I think God appears to each of us in his, or her, own way. Whatever is most comforting to the individual.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Feb-2008 at 14:07)

Originally Posted by Royal Assassin3: View Post
You might be right. I've seen some studies that speculate that humans were originally fair skinned since chimps (our closest relatives) have fair skin.
Check some pictures of chimps and you will find that their skin color can shift all the way from fair to black, usually getting darker with age.

God tend to be depicted as similar to the local people. In Africa you often find Jesus painted as black. Here is a reconstruction of Jesus based on what people in Palestine looked like at the time:
http://www.dadsdayoff.net/Jesus-real-face.html
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bernel Add Bernel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(17-Feb-2008 at 22:01)

I consider God as form of purest light without corporal form.

Generalization is rhetorics of simpletons.
"Sages learn from history... idiots learn from experience" -Fairy Tail manga
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Feb-2008 at 02:44)

I don't believe in God, but if there was a God, then he must look something like this. White with beard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nm_chuck_norris_070704_ms.jpg (44.2 KB, 7 views)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acadian9 Add Acadian9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Feb-2008 at 10:39)

The images I have of him from childhood (when I actually believed in God) looked a lot like King Triton from the Little Mermaid. just with legs.
Attached Images
File Type: gif triton.gif (11.1 KB, 5 views)
View Public Profile Find more posts by jond Add jond to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Feb-2008 at 16:55)

Umm God has no physical form to speak of. Assuming God exists we could also assume it could take any form it wanted. I prefer to think of God as amorphous and able to take any form it wishes.

In short God is genderless and without any human cultural traits.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.-Thomas Jefferson
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.-Benjamin Franklin
View Public Profile Find more posts by Cyrus the Mad Add Cyrus the Mad to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as AMYQ)
(18-Feb-2008 at 17:27)

I think one of the main issues is - Do we or do we not agree that god made us like him. Maybe we should rephrase the question.

If god were to take a human form, which would best describe him?

INSANE CUBE FISH™
This is the clock up on the wall/This is the story of us all/This is the first sound of a new born child before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won/This is the soldier and his gun/This is the mother waiting by the phone praying for her son
View Public Profile Find more posts by Miss AmyQ Add Miss AmyQ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $7.44
(18-Feb-2008 at 19:17)

Originally Posted by AMYQ: View Post
I think one of the main issues is - Do we or do we not agree that god made us like him. Maybe we should rephrase the question.

Uh...Jesus?

The less popular Sage
Really...most people forget who I am
But I was here first, damn it!

Willing to sell my soul for a Klondike Bar
View Public Profile Visit The Other Sage's homepage Find more posts by The Other Sage Add The Other Sage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Feb-2008 at 20:45)

Originally Posted by AMYQ: View Post
The Greek Gods had a lot more imagination that that. Human is so boring. Zeus in particular could take odd shapes to seduce/rape women. A bull or a swan for example.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bernel Add Bernel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Feb-2008 at 12:25)

Always wondered about that. Does it say something for the Greeks opinions on bestiality that their good seduce women by being swans? Odd thing for a god to appear as I always thought.

Spectre: I'm cold
Me:*Sends picture of tits* That should warm you up gap Spectre: Only a small region
Me: Or maybe this *Sends picture of couple screwing* gap Spectre: the rest of me is still cold
AMYQ: small huh???
View Public Profile Find more posts by palmtree Add palmtree to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Feb-2008 at 05:07)

I think she is multi coloured not like a rainbow more like a glittering prism .......

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Feb-2008 at 09:13)

Originally Posted by palmtree: View Post
Always wondered about that. Does it say something for the Greeks opinions on bestiality that their good seduce women by being swans? Odd thing for a god to appear as I always thought.
I suppose after a while the Greek women figured out what Zeus was up to so he had to switch to more and more exotic disguises.

I also think the Greeks din't have the same taboo against bestiality. At least there is supposedly a whole bunch of sculptures in the British museum not considered suitable to show to the public. There has to be a reason for them believing in satyrs, centaurs etc.
(24-Feb-2008 at 04:24)

any port in a storm .......... o.O

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.08
(24-Feb-2008 at 06:51)

I'm agnostic, but if God exists, and he is actually the greatest thing there is, I'd expect him/her to be above needing matter to exist.

If he was a man, I'd say he's a black man, like in Bruce Allmighty. In fact, he looks exactly like that actor.

"Why should I have to work for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it!" - Calvin.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stewie Add Stewie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Feb-2008 at 04:14)

Well since it was never stated which god or religion this is about. We can’t really answer this completely. I can say that in any case that gods or god only exist in the minds of man or on the stone or parchment that he created. I would say it looks like what ever you wish, want, create, or fantasize.

“Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything, tolerance is for the weak and oppressed"
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bierkrug Add Bierkrug to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Feb-2008 at 03:07)

I don't picture God as corporeal. His appearance will certainly be beyond human comprehension.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
View Public Profile Find more posts by KnightoftheNite Add KnightoftheNite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(04-Mar-2008 at 19:51)

If God would ever take human form, I don't think God would take white man with beard as disguise. If God would choose something it would be 55+ years old tougher than toughest afroamerican grandmother with an attitude to grow 3+ upstading kids in gang neighbourhood and hardwood umbrella. Someone with tough love and great cooking skill.

And her most commong phrases would be for us: "Clean your mouth young man! Shoulders straight and sit up straight and do not hump like sack of an potatoes!"

Generalization is rhetorics of simpletons.
"Sages learn from history... idiots learn from experience" -Fairy Tail manga

Last edited by Lord Menchalior, 04-Mar-2008 at 19:53.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote