Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > General Site Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(16-Dec-2008 at 04:01)

SaSi, im sending you a link to some people who hopefully can help you if anyone can.

x-NI Senator
x-SOV. NH
Heru en'Arvandor (Lord of Heaven)
Taure en'Arvandor [TA]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Thunder TA Add Thunder TA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $3.01
(16-Dec-2008 at 14:04)

Shit SaSi, man.. Wish I could help you out but unfortunately I have less than $0 right now.. However I do see that you hit $1500 so congrats on that! Hopefully this will be enough to keep you as the free man we all know and love.

*Quietly fades back into the night*
View Public Profile Find more posts by QuantumChaos Add QuantumChaos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(16-Dec-2008 at 15:49)

sunglasses Hooray!

Kudos on reaching your goal, Sasi!
Keep us informed on the progress with the court payment.

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(16-Dec-2008 at 18:14)

Re: Hooray!

Originally Posted by Brother Green: View Post
I should know something within the next 5 hours or so

I want to thank everyone for all their help but right now im busy and will post a more proper thank you later
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Wiley Dawg VoF)
(16-Dec-2008 at 18:37)

Yessssssss, You Made It !!! :d

Long Live the Apocalypse Alliance

Long live Visions of Fianna!
View Public Profile Visit Wiley DAAwg's homepage Find more posts by Wiley DAAwg Add Wiley DAAwg to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Dec-2008 at 22:32)

Re: Saint Sinner is going to JAIL

Originally Posted by Dusk Illz: View Post
If you manage to get the money together, make sure you mention to the judge that you only got it through donations from lots of people on the internet you've never met before.. I'd be interested in seeing how he reacts, and whether it affects the way he views this type of forced payment arrangement.
Originally Posted by godiva: View Post
verbal agreements aren't worth the paper they're written on, to quote an old cliche'

and it doesn't matter if that $1k was specifically saved for a trip. the fact of the matter is, it was a conscious choice on his part to use that money to get his you-know-whats off instead of being a responsible "adult" (and i use that term loosely).

it's all about priorities and choices. his priority was himself, when it should have been the children.

i have a very good RL friend who lived in poverty with her 3 children for many years because her jerk of an ex-husband wouldn't pay his support. So dead beat dads (or moms) make me angry.

You choose to make a baby, and your life is no longer your own. You KNOW what the consequences can be once you put your **** into that nice warm spot. You don't want the responsibility of children, then do what it takes to not cause it. be it abstention, or protection. I know protection isn't 100% guaranteed, but you still have made the conscious choice to put it where it's warm and it could happen despite all protection. you're still responsible for it.

you now have a new responsibility, over and above your own wants... and trust me going to hawaii is not a "need" it's a "want".
I needed to quote this whole thing because I have a lot to say regarding this.

I'm going through a similar thing. Many of you know me, but I've been gone a long time. I am now divorced and fighting for child support. My ex makes DOUBLE what I do, has a roommate to pay rent and doesn't have 3 mouths to feed. His girlfriend started dictating his life, and interfered so much that he wouldn't call, he wouldn't email, and wouldn't send any money. He never would talk to me long enough to make an agreement. I tried to blackmail him into paying me, and it didn't work. Finally, I went to ORS to get his wages garnished. It took a year but they are finally sending money.

The point is, Sasi is not this kind of guy. This kind of guy is apparent in his blatant disregard for himself or others. Again, Sasi is not this kind of guy. I can visualize his ex and understand that she's a money-grubbing wench. People like this don't understand anything. I know many who would rather not have anything to do with their ex, make enough money to support themselves and their children and make the agreement to not worry about child support. That is why our laws allow such exemptions.

Regardless, name-calling is not appropriate. By him not being able make this payment, he will not be able to work, he will go to JAIL. What kind of a monster who expects a man to take care of his children thinks that asking for help in making this payment by any means he can find is a bad thing? That hurts more than helps and does nothing but paint a bad picture of your own character.

Yes, we all agree that if you make it you take care of it. You weren't there when they made the arrangement - so unfortunately, you have to choose sides. Not all dads are deadbeats, but their character speaks a lot for them and how they will handle the support of their children. Like I said, there are signs and things to look for. SASI HAS NONE OF THEM.

Having kids and splitting up with the other parent does NOT mean you forfeit every vacation, every spare dime or extra minute you have for the rest of your life. Not every waking moment revolves around the kids, not every penny of your income is devoted to them. I'm certain that you aren't as strict with your own time/money/talents or you wouldn't be here on this site.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Not lost anymore!
EX: Legion of Pure Light, Founding Leader; TBH (Council, In the good ol' days)
CURRENTLY: Back in Utopia after multiple years away, looking for old friends. Did you miss me?!? I've got 2 teenagers now, and when I started playing this game I just had my first baby. Wow, time flies.
View Public Profile Visit gwyndolyn's homepage Find more posts by gwyndolyn Add gwyndolyn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(17-Dec-2008 at 19:50)

Congratulations SaSi.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Dec-2008 at 20:28)

Yay! Congrats Sasi!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nojim Add Nojim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Dec-2008 at 04:46)

Re: Hooray!

Originally Posted by Brother Green: View Post
IMPOSTER... No bold print??

Grats Sasi.

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Dec-2008 at 08:05)

Re: Saint Sinner is going to JAIL

Originally Posted by GetLucky: View Post
BS. This is a scam of some sort.
NObody has their drivers license (of all things!) taken away due to child support. And NObody gets thrown in jail for debt.

What kind of fools do you take us for, Brother Green?
Umm actually, yes they do.

Sadly here in the states this is a big issue. Mostly because there are soo many "dead Beat Dads" here for reasons unknown. Some like Sasi have a reason, but the courts fail to accept thier arguement as they have "heard it all before". In Sasi's case I believe him, as he seems like a reasonable guy, who is "tring" to do the right thing.

Others have a reason for being a dead beat dad, IE they do not have a job, and can not find one, no matter how hard they try. I have a RL friend that has such issues for a while. As soon as he got a job though he ponied up the cash to fix the problem. Although he lost his licsense for a time and actually DID goto jail for 30 days for failure to pay owed support. He now has the kids in his custody, as the mother turned out to be a drugie anyways. Spending most of the back child support she got when she won and he finally got a job on drugs instead of the children. Another of those never worked a day in thier life women who think the world owes emm something.

The biggest of these problems comes from those who have the means yet do nothing. They skip town, change thier names, get new jobs all hte time, anything in the name of not having to pay one dime to thier ex. Personally based souly on what I have read and heard about Sasi and this case, this does not sound like he fits this criteria.

BTW congrads Sasi on making the goal.

In his left hand I beheld a Sword, which gleamed with light as if on fire.

Last edited by Admiral S3 AA, 23-Dec-2008 at 08:09.
Edit reason: forgot to add congrads to sasi for making the goal
View Public Profile Find more posts by Admiral S3 AA Add Admiral S3 AA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Dec-2008 at 11:37)
Congrat's and responses.

Greeney ~ he is probably paying for his ex's revenge issues, pot addiction, and refusal to work on her own.

I agree with this.

Godiva ~ But SaSi should still make the attempt to get that poor little girl out from under her drug addict of a mom. If I were in his position, it would be my only goal in life...

First intelligent and only thing I will respond to from you!! Since I'm trying to stay in a good mood even though your absolutely ignorant and jump to conclusions to quickly. Find out fact's before you use your friend as an example, not every situation is the same and not all men are bad!

SaSi ~ Anyway my friend Chris gave me a place to stay but that was no environment to raise a child in
Chris was a good friend and someone you could really count on and I miss him a lot but the situation wasn't a good one.

First of all, congrat's on getting the money together and my respect for not bringing your daughter into a bad situation, that tells me your a responsible and compassionate man. And about the asking you for $500 twice in one week tells me that she has gone past the pot and is now doing crack and/or meth and you need to get your daughter out of that situation asap. Which I'm sure you will do.

Although I haven't heard her side of the story, with all the people that respect you I don't feel that you are fibbing about what you've said.

Good Luck in the future and take care of your child.

I wish I could've helped but I've been without a job myself and and running a risk of losing my home for Christmas and no Godiva or other's I don't want any money, I will get it taken care of.

Happy Holiday's everyone!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by dirtedawg1 Add dirtedawg1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(24-Dec-2008 at 18:17)

smile

I wanted to tell everyone how much I appreciate all that you have done for me, but I feel any words of mine would not do justice to the selfless acts of so many. You reminded me that there are good people in the world willing to help others when they are in need. I think that is what I'm thankful for most.
I wish all of you a safe and happy holiday season.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind.
~ Malayan Proverb

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah

Last edited by Saint Sinner, 24-Dec-2008 at 18:23.
Edit reason: sshhh
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Mar-2009 at 20:12)

Have you reach your goal? =)

$1500 goal
$1490.00 collected

I'll gladly spot the $10 if it's still desired.

O_D Kwon Boa O_D
Elder of The Black Horde
"...a song for you ... a song for lover..."
~Kwon Boa~
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kwon Boa Add Kwon Boa to your Buddy List Reply with Quote