Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Which Side Of The Road Do People In Your Country Drive On?
Right Hand Side 20 55.56%
Left Hand Side 16 44.44%
Who voted? Voters: 36
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as DaMo1986)
(21-Dec-2002 at 01:41)

Driving

Which side of the road does your country drive on?

(this does not include drunks who don't know where their goin and drive on the opposite side and crash into oncoming traffic)

My Country Drives On The Left Just Like Most Former British Colonies And This Is Really Stupid In My Opinion But I'm Used To It

Hello
View Public Profile Find more posts by Just Someone Add Just Someone to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Dec-2002 at 01:47)

Right hand. Its the only way to go.
View Public Profile Find more posts by dan1234 Add dan1234 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Dec-2002 at 02:06)

Right hands - kinda goes together with the M-E-T-R-I-C- -S-Y-S-T-E-M. With metres and centimetres and that logical strange stuff. Centigrade and everythings. Friggin 15th century conservative UK's... gotta change that now. If i had a fortune i'd give it tooo see them getting rid of feet system, farenheit and left side driving. Dangerous shit.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Escarcha 1 Add Escarcha 1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DaMo1986)
(21-Dec-2002 at 02:22)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Escarcha 1)

Right hands - kinda goes together with the M-E-T-R-I-C- -S-Y-S-T-E-M. With metres and centimetres and that logical strange stuff. Centigrade and everythings. Friggin 15th century conservative UK's... gotta change that now. If i had a fortune i'd give it tooo see them getting rid of feet system, farenheit and left side driving. Dangerous shit.
our country uses the metric system too! as you probably know, i'm from Australia.

we use metric measurements, metric currency (dollars/cents, not all that shillings pounds crap, too confusing)

only USA uses that farenheit crap, they are the only country, australia uses Celsius/Centigrade.

the only non-metric thing in australia would be heights, they are usually measured in both metres/centimetres and feet/inches but everything else is completely metric.

with our driving, everything is on the left, cars, trams, trains, thats the way i am used to it, even though i think driving on the right-hand-side would be better.

what happens at the border of 2 coountries which drive on opposite sides? (eg. thai/lao border, hongkong/chinese border)

Hello
View Public Profile Find more posts by Just Someone Add Just Someone to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as jibboy13)
Donated $0.56
(21-Dec-2002 at 06:17)

Quote:
only USA uses that farenheit crap
Actually, the US Congress passed a bill sometime between 1776 and...right now, that converted the US to metrics, but no one wanted to switch so it never really happened.

On the topic of driving, I'm from the US and it would scare me without end if I had to live in a country where they dirve on the left.

I'm 201 barley corns tall, and I weigh 60 stones!! (how big am I??)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Iron Feliks Add Iron Feliks to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $31.68
(21-Dec-2002 at 10:37)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Escarcha 1)
Right hands - kinda goes together with the M-E-T-R-I-C- -S-Y-S-T-E-M.
What side of the road to drive on has nothing to do with the metric system...
In the old days people used to ride their horse on the left side of the road so they'd have their sword-arm redy to strike if they encountered an enemy.
You don't really need all that much force to use a stick-shift.

Gwill http://emblems.utopiatemple.com/pic00232.gif
ICQ #47751994
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
View Public Profile Visit Gwill's homepage Find more posts by Gwill Add Gwill to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DaMo1986)
(21-Dec-2002 at 10:58)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Gwill)

What side of the road to drive on has nothing to do with the metric system...
In the old days people used to ride their horse on the left side of the road so they'd have their sword-arm redy to strike if they encountered an enemy.
You don't really need all that much force to use a stick-shift.
gwills right about the metric thing.

in the case of the horse thing, that means britain (and her colonies) continued the correct thing while all other countries stuffed up!!!

i always thought that the right side was always the original one and that britain was different, but now i think it's the other way!

GO AUSTRALIA!

Hello
(Posted as Duke Atreides X)
(21-Dec-2002 at 13:11)

what i hate is when i go to portugal, i can never help but freak out when i get into a car and they start drving on the right side of the road.... me being from australia also....

Guess whose back.... back again.... DUKE is back... tell a friend...
I actually did, and they said; "So..?" [Š]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Duke Atreides Add Duke Atreides to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.52
(21-Dec-2002 at 14:03)

We are driving on the right side here.
(And I mean that in 2 ways ^__^)

Firemage
chief-smiler and leader of the smily-lover alliance ^__^
I once thought "The girl of my dreams is somewhere out there". Now I know where she lives!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Firemage Add Firemage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote