Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(28-Mar-2006 at 14:50)
Re: Order Free Copy of the Holy Quran

Originally Posted by Sygnal:
I'm not so sure it explicitly says that, although a family of Jews ruled Medina before Muhammad came and killed them all, so I suppose there's that.
According to Wikipedia the story is somewhat different. It talks about a situation where Muhammad lived in Medina which was attacked by Mecca and one of three Jewish tribes in the city betrayed him and fought for Mecca, and got all their males executed afterwards as punishment. People were hard on traitors in those days. But this is a hadith written long after the event, not part of the Quran itself.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bernel Add Bernel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Mar-2006 at 23:13)
But can someone point to me what they often recite in the Quran?
View Public Profile Find more posts by tylerrrrr Add tylerrrrr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Mar-2006 at 02:53)

It sure is taking its sweet time to get to me...

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
View Public Profile Find more posts by MAPS Add MAPS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Mar-2006 at 03:27)

Originally Posted by MAPS:
It sure is taking its sweet time to get to me...
Me too, still haven't gotten mine.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sygnal Add Sygnal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Mar-2006 at 03:54)

Me too, still haven't gotten mine.

Guess they just want to convert me sooner
View Public Profile Find more posts by tylerrrrr Add tylerrrrr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Mar-2006 at 10:17)

Ordered one as well, let's see how long it takes
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dusk Illz Add Dusk Illz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Post has been warned)
(09-Apr-2006 at 09:35)
may as well read mein kampf right along with it. the koran in one hand mein kampf in the other. pease in the pod.
View Public Profile Find more posts by dreadmore Add dreadmore to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2006 at 15:21)

Damn it, I guess it's out of the question to get a copy sent to Australia

Candy is Dandy
But Liquor is Quicker
View Public Profile Visit chewyman's homepage Find more posts by chewyman Add chewyman to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2006 at 19:53)

I finally got mine last week. Oddly enough, it resembles that Book of Mormon I ordered for free off the television years ago.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sygnal Add Sygnal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2006 at 20:14)

Originally Posted by tylerrrrr:
But can someone point to me what they often recite in the Quran?
During prayer,you have to read the fatiha first,then read any verse of your choice second. When reading Koran normally,you can read any you want.

I'm not so sure it explicitly says that, although a family of Jews ruled Medina before Muhammad came and killed them all, so I suppose there's that. Still, Jews are one of the people of the book, and Sephardic Judaism is actually Judaism that flourished under Islamic rule,
As Bernel said,one of the jewish tribes living in Madina broke the treaty and helped the Meccans attack Medina. So afterwards the prophet ordered a fair trial and the jews appointed Sa'ad ibn Mua'dh as a Judge,and he sentenced the men to death.

Quote:
so I don't think Islam's explicitly anti-semitic. That's just more the Palestineans.
Palestinians are not anti-semitic,they are anti-israeli. Palestinians never had a problem with the jews until Israel was formed.
View Public Profile Find more posts by moaustin Add moaustin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Apr-2006 at 15:01)

I was the first to order one and have received an email saying it's in shipping a long time ago and it still has yet to reach me.

Or maybe it did come and one of my family thought it was junk mail...

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
View Public Profile Find more posts by MAPS Add MAPS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Apr-2006 at 04:49)

Originally Posted by dreadmore:
may as well read mein kampf right along with it. the koran in one hand mein kampf in the other. pease in the pod.
mein kampf is actually an interesting read - its mostly hitler rambling and ranting, i actually enjoyed it for what it was, an insight into someones mind and thought.

the quran on the other hand is a holy book and has shitty stereotipical crap chucked onto it by people like you who have never even seen it let alone read it.

Saint Sinner for President 2012
You're all fucking stupid
You're mafia, dont deny it.
Absalom
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skraz Add Skraz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Apr-2006 at 03:41)

I finally got it.

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
(21-Apr-2006 at 16:40)

Originally Posted by MAPS:
I finally got it.
well...what you waiting for get on reading it..

I have read some of mine but I don't have time till this summer and not for sure how to take some of it.
(03-Jun-2006 at 02:42)
I ordered my copy, I also found this site for a free Bible from a mormon website. I haven't gotten mine yet so I'm not sure if it's a standard NIV or KJV, or a special one designed for mormons. Anyways here's the link if people are interested:

http://www.mormon.org/freeoffers/0,1...l?src=overture
View Public Profile Find more posts by Torlanan Add Torlanan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Jun-2006 at 08:07)

Originally Posted by Torlanan:
I ordered my copy, I also found this site for a free Bible from a mormon website. I haven't gotten mine yet so I'm not sure if it's a standard NIV or KJV, or a special one designed for mormons. Anyways here's the link if people are interested:

http://www.mormon.org/freeoffers/0,1...l?src=overture
It's the mormon one. I have one of those laying about as well.
(17-Jun-2006 at 06:36)
This would be my favourite part.

Surah Al-Imraan, Verse 118

"O you who believe! Take not as Bitanah those outside your religion, since they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you. Hatred flows out of their mouths and what they hide in their chest is far worse..."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gotterdammerung Add Gotterdammerung to your Buddy List Reply with Quote