Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(26-Jun-2012 at 08:29)
Does Evil Exist?

There is pleasure and pain in the world, but is there evil? Can something really go beyond pleasure/pain and exist as evil?

According to biology there is no such thing as evil. It is a notion limited to spiritualism. Are we all confortable with the notion that evil doesn't exist and that 'mere' pain is the final world on worldly displeasure?

If I do something, absolutely morally abhorred, am I evil? Or does that just make me a dispenser of pain?

Discuss.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gotterdammerung Add Gotterdammerung to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Jun-2012 at 21:02)

Interesting question. When it comes to something specific and subjective then yes. I do believe that then we can actually call something evil. But when it comes to general concepts then I do believe that it's all rather subjective and depends on how you spin it

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote