Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(29-Aug-2011 at 07:59)

Re: All Your Religion Belong To Me

Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung: View Post
I find it especially frustrating that you would say that my argument comes down to "because I say so". Just because you can deduce the subject to it's obvious components doesn't mean the subject is limited to those components. For example, you say that all ideas are man-made. Yes, ideas can reside in the human brain, but are they limited to it? Since logic cannot say so, so I'm exploring it further.

Anyway, you've clearly lost interest in reading any further details about the matter.
Well that's the truth. I am trying see your point but you just don't have one. You don't have any way of dtective, proving or evne giving a decent explanation for your arguments. It looks like you start with your answer and then you start grasping for starws on how justify it. I mean for god's sake man YOU are trying to make rules abouyt what omnipotence is. It doesn't get anymore "because I said so " then this.

Looks it's ok. You are not exactly uncommon. Lots people especially when it comes to religion start out with a ready answer and try to justify but it just almost never works

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Aug-2011 at 08:57)

Originally Posted by DHoffryn: View Post
Well that's the truth. I am trying see your point but you just don't have one. You don't have any way of dtective, proving or evne giving a decent explanation for your arguments. It looks like you start with your answer and then you start grasping for starws on how justify it. I mean for god's sake man YOU are trying to make rules abouyt what omnipotence is. It doesn't get anymore "because I said so " then this
O.K., I understand.

I won't bother you again until I can detect, prove and decently explain without any precieved answer.

View Public Profile Find more posts by Gotterdammerung Add Gotterdammerung to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(30-Aug-2011 at 00:44)

I think Gotters, that I am going to follow an old maxim about arguing with fools, and admit my defeat.

I wonder if you work in PR. You spin arguments like a pro. You're very adept at picking out the point you want to argue, instead of the actual point being raised.

The more I think about what to say next, the more I realise the futility of it. I argue with logic, when your viewpoint suggests logic is irrelevant to you.

In short, I'm trying to argue against what you see as an "absolute truth". The fact it is not an absolute truth, merely by the existence of doubt about even the particular flavour of your religion , is irrelevant to you.

How can anyone argue with such delusion?

Thought I'd add this comment that was added via Reputation points:

Quote:
Actually, the cat is both alive and dead until the box is opened (which amuses me, because in this example that means god both exists and does not. You are all right!)
I'm glad someone saw my point - until "god" is proven to exist or proven not to exist, those who believe in god, and claim to have found absolution are quite simply deluded.

People, like snowflakes, are all slightly different, but we all follow the same patterns -Stewie
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Some people are like Slinkies- absolutely useless, but always fun to push down stairs!

Last edited by Azure Dragon, 30-Aug-2011 at 00:50.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azure Dragon Add Azure Dragon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Aug-2011 at 07:35)
No, no...I've accepted DHoffryn's challenge.

AKA: Detection + proof + explanation or STFU.

For the moment all I have for you is the sweet sound of crickets.

But I intend to properally respond in time.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gotterdammerung Add Gotterdammerung to your Buddy List Reply with Quote