Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Angel > Report Bugs and Problems

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(10-May-2008 at 14:53)
My utopia angel won't update! HELP!

For some reason my utopia angel will not update... This means i cannot use it in utopia mode... and thats a big problem! Whenever i open angel i get the utopia angel has expired and i click check for new version automatically and it thinks for a minute with that little black screen with the red light going across it... then i got no new version have been found please make sure you computer data is correct and try again... i dont know what happend it worked for the longest time and now it just stopped when i went to update it to the new age... im useing 1.90. ive tryed disabling my firewalls, ive tried redownloading angel numorous times... i dont know what is wrong it someone please help me out!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Synergy1 Add Synergy1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(10-May-2008 at 20:53)

Set your system time back a couple of days so it doesn't expire..?
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(10-May-2008 at 23:15)

lightbulb Re: My utopia angel won't update! HELP!

Utopia Angel v1.90 Alpha 1 should not expire yet, which means that your computer date is incorrect (probably a day or two in the future). Please fix that by double-clicking on the clock at the bottom-right corner of your screen.

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-May-2008 at 16:56)
Help my utopia expired too and I can't get it to work unless it's in non-utopia mode!!!!

I live in Australia (I'm in the future?) and it's really annoying trying to reinstall it and stuff.

And I double checked my time/date and it's right.

Please reply thanks.
View Public Profile Find more posts by bulletskies Add bulletskies to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-May-2008 at 18:14)
i have the same problem and it tells me to rename and file from not yet to something else, i have never had to rename any other file during an update and i am real suspicious type when this typoe of thing is told to be done!

is it an attempt to hack my system or do some other thing to the user??

just not goona update i guess till this matter is solved
i will assume it was a fis to the nonapi complaince of the som reports
View Public Profile Find more posts by lardgrass Add lardgrass to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(12-May-2008 at 19:20)

Did you set your system time back a couple of days?
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-May-2008 at 06:35)
No Update

Me too Angel will not update.
this is the message I get:

Some files could not be created
Please make sure that Utopia Angel is not currently running and restart
this installation.
If this fails, please restart your computer and try again.

I've restarted my computer several times and always get the same message. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://forums.utopiatemple.com/images/smilies/frown.gif
View Public Profile Find more posts by atlas9 Add atlas9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(13-May-2008 at 06:42)

This may be a stupid question but it has happened before... did you shut down Angel? If you did, please verify that there isn't another Angel process running from a different location. If you didn't, well, that should do it.

"If You Fall, Ill Be There"
- Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-May-2008 at 06:54)
I've shut down angel, checked that it's not running in the task manager and keeps giving me the same message.
View Public Profile Find more posts by atlas9 Add atlas9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-May-2008 at 23:31)
First, sorry for posting a second message in a row, but I still have the problem and I 've done everything possible to get Angel working without success. please help.
(14-May-2008 at 00:23)
Re: 1.90a1 Angel expired and won't update!

I had a similar problem when updating 1.90a1, but only on 1 of the 2 computers i updated from. It was the vista comp that gave problems, i got a security warning out of nowhere, denied that, and then i got a message the download could not be opened, and was taken to the download map. I renamed the .notyet file to .exe, and installed the new angel with no further problems.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Zachariah Add Zachariah to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(15-May-2008 at 05:18)

question Utopia Angel v1.90 Beta

The current active version is 1.90 Beta. Is anyone still having trouble updating?

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-May-2008 at 09:21)
Re: Utopia Angel v1.90 Beta

Originally Posted by Brother Green: View Post
The current active version is 1.90 Beta. Is anyone still having trouble updating?
i let you know after the next update
View Public Profile Find more posts by Zachariah Add Zachariah to your Buddy List Reply with Quote