Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > Utopia Temple Support

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Administrator
(17-Nov-2001 at 21:51)

Our New vBulletin Forums!

I am proud to introduce our new vBulletin forums! It took me a while to integrate them with Utopia Temple, and I haven't finished this task yet. However, I have decided to open them as they are now, since most of the job is already done, and only small tweaks are left.

You need to be registered if you want to do most of the things in this forum. We are using the same users-base from Utopia Temple with this forum, so if you already have an Utopia Temple account, all you have to do is to login again.

I would like you to post all the bugs and problems you find with the new forums, as well as ideas and suggestions, in this thread, or feel free to create your own threads.

In the next few days, I will keep working a lot on the forums, so you can expect changes all the time.

Thanks for your support and understanding!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Utopia Temple Host
Donated $5.12
(17-Nov-2001 at 21:56)

Looks suberb.

Great job, BG.

Keep up the good work.
View Public Profile Visit Tyrall's homepage Find more posts by Tyrall Add Tyrall to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as neodude)
Donated $0.64
(17-Nov-2001 at 22:52)
Brilliant - better then the ezboard layout, even with the CSC.
Anyway some sugguestions:[list=1][*]Don't put the Site Menu on the left side! It'll ruin the layout of vBulletin.[*]You might wanna put the UT logo and the "Home", "UserCp", etc buttons on one line - then align left UT logo and align right buttons - that is the intended layout of vBulletin.[*]Change Smilies colors... quick... these default light yellow ones are Freaking me out [*]Also change the backgrounds of the textboxes and such - gray clashs sliightly with that blue.[*]Grab a new color theme for the buttons - lightgreen or dark blue would be better then vB's 'pretty' blue.[/list=1]

Thats about all
View Public Profile Visit NeoDude's homepage Find more posts by NeoDude Add NeoDude to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as neodude)
Donated $0.64
(17-Nov-2001 at 23:06)
OH -
Make the avatar image size bigger - around 150x150.

Also, enable EDIT POSTINGS!!!! Its so freaked annoying to keep posting 100s of messages cause you can't edit. Don't take the mouse off the computer!

I host Utopia Angel downloads!
View Public Profile Visit NeoDude's homepage Find more posts by NeoDude Add NeoDude to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(17-Nov-2001 at 23:10)

Graphics is not my strong side :confused:
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as neodude)
Donated $0.64
(17-Nov-2001 at 23:27)
Doesn't have to be

To chagne avatar image size:
Admin Control Panel --> Options --> vBulletin Options --> [Avatars] (2nd column, 6th from the bottem) --> Maximum Dimensions:

Complete Instr.

(Posted as neodude)
Donated $0.64
(17-Nov-2001 at 23:30)
Your List of Changes

"- Insert vB code at cursor, and not at the end "
Oh yes, have fun writing that - I'm not very good at Javascript, but its hard.

Please let us edit posts?
Also the avatar image sizes

(17-Nov-2001 at 23:31)

neodude is right... I had to do some MAJOR editing to my little flame thing to get it to conform to 60x60px... 150x150 sounds nice.

=FireSt0rM=
Resident Battlefield Halfling
View Public Profile Find more posts by FireSt0rM Add FireSt0rM to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(17-Nov-2001 at 23:36)

We had the same limitation on ezboard. Also, I'm considering completely removing the personal icons from the support forums (Angel and Temple), like it was on ezboard. Some of the signatures are getting quite big as well, and we'll have to set up rules for that, if we don't want to remove them completely.
(Posted as neodude)
Donated $0.64
(17-Nov-2001 at 23:36)
Your flame thing is all pixely if you get me. Its made up of too big pixels.

Ugh!

(Posted as neodude)
Donated $0.64
(17-Nov-2001 at 23:42)
These pics cna be limited to an image size and file size. They can't get too big - they can just get too rude.

You should let people put pictures... cause it looks so much more cuter, and its so much nicer to have a picture to show something - like I'm a penguin, I'll like to have a pic to show I am a penguin and not a human.

(18-Nov-2001 at 00:20)

Quote:
Originally posted by neodude
Your flame thing is all pixely if you get me. Its made up of too big pixels.

Ugh!
I had to reduce it in size!!! And didn't even keep proportions! heh.

=FireSt0rM=
View Public Profile Find more posts by FireSt0rM Add FireSt0rM to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.52
(18-Nov-2001 at 00:24)

Starting to look good
View Public Profile Find more posts by Digger Add Digger to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as neodude)
Donated $0.64
(18-Nov-2001 at 00:27)
I suppose everything will be set later - your flame might be gone... I hope we can put a pic thro. *frowns*

(18-Nov-2001 at 00:32)

hey... at least I can always use my http://www.firest0rm.btinternet.co.u.../angryfire.gif picture. Hehe

=FireSt0rM=
(Posted as neodude)
Donated $0.64
(18-Nov-2001 at 00:35)
Oh - Well, I don't have a small penguin smilies
I can use various rude ones thro!

*evil* MUHAAAAAA! *evil*

Utopia Temple Host
Donated $5.12
(18-Nov-2001 at 00:41)

Why do people want huge pics?
60x60, plus the user info, already makes 2-3 line posts over-long.

I'd suggest limiting sigs to 2-3 lines also.
It's almost impossible to read some of the older threads; a lot of people have signatures 3 times the size of their posts

- Tyrall

Admin of the Tyrall Network, home of Utopia Temple
View Public Profile Visit Tyrall's homepage Find more posts by Tyrall Add Tyrall to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as neodude)
Donated $0.64
(18-Nov-2001 at 00:50)
Well. You choose

*starts casting spell*
*yes 150x150 avatars*
*yes 150x150 avatars*
*yes 150x150 avatars*
*yes 150x150 avatars*
*yes 150x150 avatars*
*yes 150x150 avatars*
*yes 150x150 avatars*
*yes 150x150 avatars*
*yes 150x150 avatars*
*yes 150x150 avatars*

Donated $31.68
(18-Nov-2001 at 14:23)

Neato

This is neat.
Why no HTML? It would be very handy.

Oh'well, I'll be testing the functions.

Gwill http://emblems.utopiatemple.com/pic00232.gif
ICQ #47751994
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
View Public Profile Visit Gwill's homepage Find more posts by Gwill Add Gwill to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Nov-2001 at 14:33)

Gwyll, for the most part I'd say that vB code is plenty on forums. Most of the time people don't even use HTML and if they do it's only to do simple stuff that vB code can do in this case. It's not like we're gonna start coding webpages into our posts...

=FireSt0rM=