Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Belili)
Donated $9.01
(26-Sep-2006 at 22:06)

The difference between world media and the US media

nwleftnavcovov061002uz5.jpg

Oh damn that liberal media.

Belili : Sexy :: Naz : Warning Points

Last edited by Belili, 26-Sep-2006 at 22:07.
View Public Profile Visit belili's homepage Find more posts by belili Add belili to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Sep-2006 at 22:21)

lol. exactly! Great example of the fact that only few people there seems to realize. Can we leave this as a sticky here?

ps. Maxkool sucks
View Public Profile Visit homppa's homepage Find more posts by homppa Add homppa to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Former Global Moderator)
Research Group
(26-Sep-2006 at 23:15)

Re: The difference between world media and the US media

Originally Posted by Belili:
Attachment 13287

Yes, because I've NEVER seen a critical article in Newsweek or USNWR. Matter of fact, last one I read said that we were winning Iraq and Afghanistan is a peaceful place filled with tulips and roses and rainbows. Maybe it's the rest of the world that's confused.

The Kiowa swooped and banked hard in front of the car, firing three more shots through the front hood, the universal sign for “stop.”
There are two important rules for sucess in life.
1. Never tell anyone everything you know.
View Public Profile Visit Hawkeyekid's homepage Find more posts by Hawkeyekid Add Hawkeyekid to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(27-Sep-2006 at 07:30)

correct me if i'm wrong, wasn't the US against the ways of Communism (and countries such as China, Vietnam & South Asian Countries) in terms of Properganda and selected/censored media materials.

Again, this shows the ignorant and hypercritical nature of some people...
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
(27-Sep-2006 at 09:51)

Originally Posted by NeoDeGenero:
correct me if i'm wrong, wasn't the US against the ways of Communism (and countries such as China, Vietnam & South Asian Countries) in terms of Properganda and selected/censored media materials.

Since my sarcasm failed to take hold with SOME people, I wont mention names*coughposterabovecough*, I'll lay it out pure and simple. Newsweek runs an article talking about Afghanistan in most markets. Here they don't. Why? Obviously they're biased. They don't want to show the truth. They're worried that people at home might begin to understand what's going on. Right? Of course. That's why they NEVER run articles that are critical of the Bush administration, NEVER run articles that are critical of the actions in Afghanistan, and NEVER run articles that are critical about Iraq. Never. Except for almost every other issue.

Perhaps it's something as simple as people in America are tired of being bombarded by this on a daily basis (as yes, we are), while other markets are just happy to lap up America's failings. To say this is censorship, bias, or a lack of a desire to deliver the news is just bullshit, and people should be intelligent enough to realize that.

The Kiowa swooped and banked hard in front of the car, firing three more shots through the front hood, the universal sign for “stop.”
View Public Profile Visit Hawkeyekid's homepage Find more posts by Hawkeyekid Add Hawkeyekid to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Randomized)
(27-Sep-2006 at 11:08)

thing is, propaganda is government controlled, the magazine isn't. Some magazines or papers are just biased. Apparantly it sells.
View Public Profile Visit Black Oranje's homepage Find more posts by Black Oranje Add Black Oranje to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Sep-2006 at 14:05)

Originally Posted by Randomized:
thing is, propaganda is government controlled, the magazine isn't. Some magazines or papers are just biased. Apparantly it sells.
So this syncronisation of gouvernment interest and the magazines' policy isnt worring you? For most people outside of America its a proof of the propaganda in Americas medias.

[Holy Qur'an (Surah Al-Furqan; the Criterion]
Blessed is He who sent down the criterion to His servant, that it may be an admonition to all creatures (25:1)
But the misbelievers say: "Naught is this but a lie which he has forged [...] (25:4)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Armitage Add Armitage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $11.20
(27-Sep-2006 at 16:30)

Originally Posted by Armitage:
So this syncronisation of gouvernment interest and the magazines' policy isnt worring you? For most people outside of America its a proof of the propaganda in Americas medias.
Odd that you think there's a synchronization of government and the media in the US when that's exactly what we think of you. In the US, we have multiple points of view whereas much of the rest of the world these days simply has one. If any group is listening to, reading, and parroting just a single point of view, it's certainly not Americans.

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to.-- Mark Twain

Last edited by Michael1, 27-Sep-2006 at 16:31.
View Public Profile Visit Michael1's homepage Find more posts by Michael1 Add Michael1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Sep-2006 at 17:13)

Do you seriously believe that the government told Newsweek not to run that cover in America? HEK is right on, the American people are sick of hearing about how bad things are going, sick of hearing "we're losing the war" bullshit, sick of critiscism of the Bush administration. For some odd reason the rest of the world can't seem to get enough...

American and Damn Proud of it!
"I met God on a bus once...he told me the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel"
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
-Ben Franklin-
View Public Profile Find more posts by Rikkar Add Rikkar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Uzgadra)
(27-Sep-2006 at 17:35)

its the same here mate were all sick to death of it as well maybe thats why our newspapers have been full of hamster crashing at 300 mph

. R.I.P. Millie you took our hearts with you
. 26th Feb 2002- 4th June 2007
View Public Profile Find more posts by BouffantBob Add BouffantBob to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
(27-Sep-2006 at 20:55)

Originally Posted by Armitage:
No, it's not, you know why? I said it twice before in this thread (in two posts...) and I"ll say it again. ONCE they decide not to run with a cover that's covering something they've covered countless times before. I read newsweek and other such magazines, and to say that this is the norm when it is not is just plain stupid. Do any of you even read newsweek, or are you just basing your empty opinion on one cover?

(27-Sep-2006 at 21:41)

Originally Posted by Belili:
Attachment 13287

Indeed. What the hell are they thinking publishing such pro-terrorist propaganda all over the world? And as Hawkeye said, they already ran that cover (or something with the same subject) in the U.S.

I think the fact that they even publish such things is horrible and a testament to their placing sales and political biases above the lives of U.S. citizens. Can you imagine a U.S. company publishing "Losing the Pacific" in the early days of WW2?

I think such publications (which happen every day here in the U.S. and apparently abroad too) have seriously undermined the effectiveness of this war. Every time this crap is published the terrorists read it they are inspired to fight on. Heck I would be. If you have your enemy publicly declaring its imminent defeat every day, how can you lose?

Don't believe me? Think about how inspired you felt when you heard about the recent Al-Queda leader's letter deploring how they were losing support in Iraq and how American relief efforts were winning the hearts of the people.

Oh, but you probably never heard that because the "totally not liberal media" didn't make a front page story about that for some reason.

Last edited by Royal Assassin3, 27-Sep-2006 at 21:45.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Royal Assassin3 Add Royal Assassin3 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Sep-2006 at 00:01)

Quote:
Think about how inspired you felt when you heard about the recent Al-Queda leader's letter deploring how they were losing support in Iraq and how American relief efforts were winning the hearts of the people.

Oh, but you probably never heard that because the "totally not liberal media" didn't make a front page story about that for some reason.
Fascinating. I would love to read it. Can you provide a link to it?

Quote:
Every time this crap is published the terrorists read it they are inspired to fight on.
Don't you think getting those damned invaders out of the 'terrorists' country is enough inspiration for them?

Quote:
Some magazines or papers are just biased. Apparantly it sells.
All media is biased, because the individuals who write for them bring their own views and experiences with them. The usual way around this is to have an editorial policy of presenting the opposing point of view, but this doesn't always happen - especially in unregulated media.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Voice of Reason Add Voice of Reason to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Sep-2006 at 00:10)

Quote:
Don't you think getting those damned invaders out of the 'terrorists' country is enough inspiration for them?
what it does is make the US soilders lose hears and the enemy more resolved, esppscil if the propagnada is gomming from the amerin homle land. just look at wwII in both the pacifac and eastern frount.

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."
Winston Churchill
View Public Profile Visit Scotty McPac's homepage Find more posts by Scotty McPac Add Scotty McPac to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Sep-2006 at 00:53)

Originally Posted by Hawkeyekid:
Yes, because I've NEVER seen a critical article in Newsweek or USNWR. Matter of fact, last one I read said that we were winning Iraq and Afghanistan is a peaceful place filled with tulips and roses and rainbows. Maybe it's the rest of the world that's confused.
They do certainly have a lot of poppy flowers in Afghanistan.

I agree with HEK. Americans are tired of hearing about how miserably their policies are failing in the world. I know I would be too. Don't worry America, I empathize! Lets get back to the happy things, like puppies and former actress's trying to 'have it all'. Life sure is interesting when your famous! well, maybe not. But its interesting to other people.

This too will pass

Last edited by Samurai Pooh, 28-Sep-2006 at 00:53.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Samurai Pooh Add Samurai Pooh to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Sep-2006 at 01:04)

I don't read newsweek.. I don't think i've even seen a copy of it, IRL - mind you.

NOT posting about war all the time isn't a bad thing! Of course everyone also needs good stories, such as the "good" forces winning over the "evil" forces.

For it to be "a good media" you need near-total coverage of a situation. So if terrorist leaders have been sending letters around that they're screwed, hey! Post that!!
If any of the countries fighting the terrorists starts to send letters around that they're screwed, hey! Post that as well!

I mean, both pretending it's not happening AND pretending only one side of the story is happening is equally bad.
I hope it made any sense.. It's late :S

I'm a satanic bastard who frequently uses small babies to try and summon demons. But enough about me, how much will you pay me to babysit those two adorable little chunks of meat there?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Im0Patience Add Im0Patience to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Sep-2006 at 01:05)

yeah, cause they are tired of it, we should be too. It's so nice to fuck up everything and then forget it all, because...well...it's been all talked alreay through so many times. What else there is after all than not regocnizing a problem and not doing anything sensible to solve it?

ps. Maxkool sucks
View Public Profile Visit homppa's homepage Find more posts by homppa Add homppa to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Sep-2006 at 05:37)

The argument here is that, IF the magazine has a left-wing bias, as the right consistently claims ALL media does, (unless you're the Wall Street Journal's editorial page, or Rush Limbaugh's show). Why didn't it print the same cover?

I don't see the thread starter as proclaiming censorship or right-wing bias, but simply that if it was left-wing media it would have run that cover any chance it got.

"I KEEK A TOUCHDOWN!" - Garo Yepremian
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sister Klon Add Sister Klon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Sep-2006 at 08:35)

Originally Posted by Voice of Reason:
Fascinating. I would love to read it. Can you provide a link to it?
http://www.nysun.com/article/40461

unfortunately, i haven't heard anything about this in the Mainstream Media (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, or even Fox (besides a mention of it in the scrolling text at the bottom).

Israeli citizens should be killed. - Spectre19

"You know, this election is going to be a referendum on their job-killing policies," he told The Hill. --John Boehner on the 2010 election.
View Public Profile Find more posts by chobham Add chobham to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as matinog)
(30-Sep-2006 at 14:20)

Originally Posted by Michael1:
Odd that you think there's a synchronization of government and the media in the US when that's exactly what we think of you. In the US, we have multiple points of view whereas much of the rest of the world these days simply has one. If any group is listening to, reading, and parroting just a single point of view, it's certainly not Americans.
i had to reply to this post. As a person that has family outside of the us and reads non-us news websites, i know for a fact that much stuff is not shown to the US public and that our news shows and news channels suck at showing news. The "world" cares about the world and knows what is happening in it(thanks to non-biased news reporting). In the US the news are extremly biased towards stories that sell, because they forogot that their supposed to give the news.

RIP John Lennon
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mandraque Add Mandraque to your Buddy List Reply with Quote