Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > Movie Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(03-May-2011 at 02:41)

[2011] Thor

Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama

Director: Kenneth Branagh

Plot: The powerful but arrogant warrior Thor is cast out of the fantastic realm of Asgard and sent to live amongst humans on Earth, where he soon becomes one of their finest defenders.

Actors:
Chris Hemsworth ... Thor
Natalie Portman ... Jane Foster
Tom Hiddleston ... Loki
Anthony Hopkins ... Odin
Stellan Skarsgård ... Erik Selvig
Kat Dennings ... Darcy Lewis
Clark Gregg ... Agent Coulson
Idris Elba ... Heimdall
Colm Feore ... King Laufey
Ray Stevenson ... Volstagg
Tadanobu Asano ... Hogun
Josh Dallas ... Fandral
Jaimie Alexander ... Sif
Rene Russo ... Frigga
Adriana Barraza ... Isabel Alvarez

IMDB link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800369/
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Jun-2011 at 13:02)

A great movie. I reccomend it to everybody. Especially if you have the chance to see it in IMAX. And I was especially impressed by the supporting cast of Sif and the Warrior Three. Probably the best support characters I have seen in a comic book movie.

Also great action and visuals

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $9.31
(05-Jun-2011 at 08:11)

Got to be honest, I was thoroughly underwhelmed. It was decent as an action movie, but I just couldn't get into the story. To be fair I'm not much of a comic guy, and the comic-book movies I do like are the ones that at least pretend to be a little bit more serious (like the newest Batman movies, Iron Man, etc).

I guess it might be wort the price for some decent entertainment. Just don't go into it expecting too much.

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Nov-2011 at 03:37)

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Its a great movie to pop in if you havent seen it before. Dont think of it as a comic book movie, just take it as it is. Thor is pretty bad ass but he makes a better vice president of a MC!

PANIC!
I take the "the" out of psychotherapist.
Winners are just losers who suck at losing. And if there's anything that I suck at, it's losing.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Unreal21 Add Unreal21 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-May-2012 at 21:17)
Thor 2 is coming out soon...
View Public Profile Find more posts by AddisonCircle Add AddisonCircle to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(19-Mar-2014 at 02:51)

Considering the fact Tom Hiddleston is one reason I watch the Thor films, getting two classical trained Shakespearean actors, Hiddleston and Hopkins, are well worth of watching films. Its not by much surprise that Hemsworth is left in Hiddlestone shadows, especially in Thor 2.

Generalization is rhetorics of simpletons.
"Sages learn from history... idiots learn from experience" -Fairy Tail manga
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote