Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Which Stargate is better?
SG-1 31 86.11%
Atlantis 5 13.89%
Who voted? Voters: 36
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(14-Aug-2004 at 18:56)

SG-1 or Atlantis?

Stargate of course, IMO SG-1 sucks so bad and Atlantis is entertaining enough to watch.
My main annoyances with SG-1 are:
Every episode contains at least two close ups of Carter's noble face.
The only black main character has to wear eye shadow.

I'm in conniptions for the final act you came here for,
The one derivative you manage is the one I abhor,
I need a minute to elaborate for everyone,
The everyday bullshit things that you have done
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mattsville Add Mattsville to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Aug-2004 at 19:09)
Where's the "they both suck and the only thing decent from that franchise was the first movie" option?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Grumman Add Grumman to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Aug-2004 at 20:05)

That option is, don't vote :P This is a which is better poll, not a how good are they. Even if you think they both suck, surely you think one sucks less than the other? If not, don't vote.

View Public Profile Find more posts by Mattsville Add Mattsville to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(14-Aug-2004 at 20:14)

SG-1 one doesn't suck... And Carter is HOT! So I vote SG-1 though Dr. Weir isn't that bad looking either but I've only seen 3 episodes of Atlantis... *goes download 4th*

Generalization is rhetorics of simpletons.
"Sages learn from history... idiots learn from experience" -Fairy Tail manga
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Aug-2004 at 01:07)

Dude, Carter has a mullet. That's a 70's male haircut, not a hot woman's haircut :P

(15-Aug-2004 at 01:20)
well Lt. Colonel Carter is a military woman, when was the last time you saw one of them on Vogue, lol

Silverean
Former-Heri en'i-Mitya en'Arvandor
View Public Profile Find more posts by Silverean Add Silverean to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old rjr
(15-Aug-2004 at 05:52)

I dont like either of them.

Visit the #bar
When I grow up I want to be, one of the harvesters of the sea. I think before my days are done, I want to be a fisherman.
View Public Profile Find more posts by rjr Add rjr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $14.28
(15-Aug-2004 at 06:06)

I myself don't really like stargate...Just don't understand how they can travel all over the world, and the aliens just somehow resemble humans...also speak perfect english. I just never really got into it. I suppose if you watched it much, they might be good.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tack Add Tack to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(15-Aug-2004 at 06:31)

I've been watching Atlantis more lately.
I don't think it's better, but it is new
and it is intresting.
I like them both pretty good.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Aug-2004 at 06:19)

Atlantis seems to have sucked everything that I like about stargate right out of it. It doesn't have even a shred of credibility (at least in SG1 we have problems understanding the technology of the various alien peopleses), it has no neat-o ancient cultural references (especially Egyptian), and considering the fact that the Ancients are supposed to be the people that Latin came from, you'd think they could play on that a bit.

Sygnalor the Accountinator
Able to file 1040's faster than a speeding bullet
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sygnal Add Sygnal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Grand Wizard)
(16-Aug-2004 at 20:11)

I like SG-1. Just started seeing all episodes on tv

The story line behind it is pretty good for a serie.

...oh yea, and Teal'C is freaking lame
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skrix Add Skrix to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old HD3
(Posted as Hockeydude3)
(18-Aug-2004 at 00:38)
I don't watch T.V too often but I think SG-1 is better from what I've seen.
View Public Profile Find more posts by HD3 Add HD3 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Belnick HaJ)
(19-Aug-2004 at 13:52)

SG-1 is the best show around

atlantis is what spinoffs is, sucky

SG-1 got macgyver

atlantis got an enemy that is easy to kill that the ancient had trouble with, what the f"#k ???

SG-1 still got anubis and alot of other old enemies, once it was said he wanted to make 10 season, but I guess the 8th will be the last

I watch atlantis for one reason, the stargate theme, I would not watch it on the tv to help it give any rating, cus it SUX compared to sg-1, but is an ok show

Within darkness comes enlightenment.
There is no god, there is no Devil, there is no heaven or Hell
STYX HaJ challenged Lord Hawk - He ran off
View Public Profile Visit Belnick the God's homepage Find more posts by Belnick the God Add Belnick the God to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Aug-2004 at 16:35)

I love SG-1 but it's nothing compared to the first 2 seasons of SeaQuest DSV, anyone here seen that?

Ever wonder...why they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?
View Public Profile Visit Celesta's homepage Find more posts by Celesta Add Celesta to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Aug-2004 at 03:19)
i havent seen atlantis before but i do like sg-1
View Public Profile Find more posts by HotActionCop Add HotActionCop to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Nazgul UT)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(26-Aug-2004 at 05:02)

I follow both, but having seen the first seven seasons (all 154 episodes) of SG-1 I have to admit that I do prefer it.

Wonder if season 8 is the last one they'll make.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(26-Aug-2004 at 11:23)

sg-1 rawks! The storyline is awesome. But I think I'm gonna buy the episodes cuz I can't stand staying up to 2 am every day to watch it =/

The last moderator to sign my siggy is a bogeyman! =P
I'm the bogeyman! >|)
Someone should really tell Tengu he was supposed to sign last if he wanted to be the bogeyman...
*Wouldn't want to take away from Tengu's fun* /
View Public Profile Visit Kaer Mighty's homepage Find more posts by Kaer Mighty Add Kaer Mighty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Aug-2004 at 19:09)

I've been addicted to Stargate for 6-7 years now, and although I've watched a few episodes of Atlantis, the original is still better.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Maggie7 Add Maggie7 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote