Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(24-Sep-2003 at 17:44)

What happened to honor and fair play?

Here I am, in a 2.5 mil NW kingdom. Unfortunately, we got bumped from BF into WoL, but that's okay.

Now comes along a province that grabs me for 159 acres. He happens to be from the 2nd most powerful kd on WoL. Almost 3X our NW. So what do I do? I retal. He hit me, I retal'd back for about 250 acres.

Well, as you can imagine, now a LOT of provinces in their kd are retaling against me, all because I retal'd fair and square against somebody that attacked me.

It seems to me, that he should fight his own battles. If he picks on a province that can retal, that is his problem. I guess honor and fair play don't play a part in this game anymore. If it ever had in the first place.

Are there any players/kd's out there that play with honor?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Markalon Add Markalon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.56
(24-Sep-2003 at 17:46)

well that has happened to me, i retal for a province in my kd, and then they get 2 provs from that kd to retal on me... so i just made a truce wit the original province i hit, and we just left each other alone, so i suggest you do the same.

holla bak
View Public Profile Visit AznDude's homepage Find more posts by AznDude Add AznDude to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Sep-2003 at 18:34)

lol... yeah, the problem is that they have about 8 provinces attacking me...lol... And I was only retaling for myself, nobody else. It should have stayed between him and I. Oh well.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Markalon Add Markalon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as tsachi)
Donated $0.56
(24-Sep-2003 at 18:39)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Markalon)

lol... yeah, the problem is that they have about 8 provinces attacking me...lol... And I was only retaling for myself, nobody else. It should have stayed between him and I. Oh well.
should is a nice word, but they are retaling you 8 times because they want to teach you to never retal a super kingdom.
View Public Profile Visit Tsachi's homepage Find more posts by Tsachi Add Tsachi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Aenarion CoS)
(24-Sep-2003 at 18:41)

Well i don't se the problem?

Utopia is a team game... So to bad for u if you get attacked from a province (ur size) from a better kd than yours. Don't you retal if a province in your kd gets attacked? If not then you are not a very good team player in utopia.

How is a quote in english from Albert Einstein a violation on language rules? Non english name?
Language
View Public Profile Visit Aenarion's homepage Find more posts by Aenarion Add Aenarion to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Domiii)
Donated $13.40
(24-Sep-2003 at 18:53)

i really have no idea...our KD plays for honor...
View Public Profile Find more posts by D o m i Add D o m i to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Sep-2003 at 18:57)
Lol, n00b kds don't get to retal. We do the same thing
View Public Profile Find more posts by stoffi Add stoffi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Sep-2003 at 19:02)
*waaaah mommmmmy they're mean!!* Stop whining -_-
View Public Profile Find more posts by koma Add koma to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as ed0gawa)
Donated $2.00
(24-Sep-2003 at 19:33)

that's how big kd work i guess ....

-ed0gawa-

woot? ..... n00b power
i SUCKS

View Public Profile Find more posts by Ron Coxx Add Ron Coxx to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Sep-2003 at 21:36)
Well, those last posts sure answer your question: it died when arrogant bastards decided to gang up on so called superKDs, using any means (yes, cheating and dishnonourable too) to get to the top and make sure they stay there.

Until rules change, just deal with it or delete.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Xtactic Add Xtactic to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Sep-2003 at 22:02)
I have tried to play with honor (not FOR honor). But unfortunately, I just quit the game because my "kingdom mates" sucked all the fun out of it with their lack of honor and respect.
View Public Profile Find more posts by hyperkill Add hyperkill to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Sep-2003 at 22:42)
I think you over simplify.

I played in a SK once. This is what happens.

You log on. You look at the today's page to see who has hit into your KD. (You do not look to see if this is a retal or not - you dont care)

You find someone. You know their army is out. You CB them. You can hit them. They are in a smaller KD. So you grab them.

It is not a question of punishing someone who hit into your SK. Its just an easy way to grab acres.
View Public Profile Find more posts by greatarn Add greatarn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Dark Dash)
(User is Banned)
(24-Sep-2003 at 22:52)

Go grab someone else next time.

---
OoZ

We own the night.
View Public Profile Find more posts by DaFoursh Add DaFoursh to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Sep-2003 at 06:15)

yeah exactly...im in a barely average kd, and if you attack my KD....there is a good chance someone will retal you...it dosent matter if you were retalling a hit that my kd did prevuiously...that dosent matter...so what i suggest you do is retal for yourself again.....

ohhh, but wait, all thoose retals they did scarred you into not wanting to hit their kd again????

Well then their plan worked....

that simple...thats the whole point of retals
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as pxpxpunx)
(25-Sep-2003 at 06:24)

lots of top kingdoms cant handle admitting someones had the best of them

Dont be too open minded, your brains will fall out.
dyslexics have more fnu.
when your not looking, my post is in spanish.
View Public Profile Find more posts by keno px Add keno px to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Sep-2003 at 09:13)
Re: What happened to honor and fair play?

Quote:
(Originally posted by Markalon)
Are there any players/kd's out there that play with honor?
Yes there are kingdoms that play fair.
They NEVER become a superkingdom.
All superkingdoms are build up with traders and multis.

They don't care about fair play, their singleminded simple minds only can see the world-top-rankinglists and when they are not on a hot spot, they cheat more to get there.

They use fakewars, account-trading, multi-accounts, the fakewarexploit (Hitting someone you are not in war with, while being in 'war' with some friendly kingdom).
They have alliances to help them out when they loose a war.
They use it all.
And don't expect one of them to 'play fair'.
'play fair' just has a completely diffent meaning for them than it has for you and me.

I was disappointed too by these people. The sad truth is that just how it in in BF.

So my advise to you: When you happen upon such a lowhearted coward, just let it be and take your losses.
Try to play for the fun of it in your own kingdom.
NEVER look at the world-top-listings. They don't deserve the attention they get now.
And of course: ENJOY!

Regards,
Heracles
View Public Profile Find more posts by Heracles Add Heracles to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Sep-2003 at 10:08)
Well what Heracles said has happened me 3 times in the last 2 days.

Just today we are in a double-hostile in comes a guy that is in a fake-war and hit me for around 150 acres.
His kingdom is a bit larger than mine, but I canīt retal him because then my kingdom would suffer even more since we have to get out of 1 hostile and into war with the other.

But just he wait bad stuff will bite his A.s when our war is finished and then I really will focus on him until our next hostile! (May he forever be damned into the.....)

So to answer your question there are a few still playing with honor but we are not as many as those playing without honor!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ancient Karron Add Ancient Karron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Sep-2003 at 11:16)
fair play?
kid, all superkingdoms and allinace kingdoms and provinces piss on fair play.

simple and only reason for it, fair play compromises efficience.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ainumahtar Add Ainumahtar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Sep-2003 at 11:31)

That's what happen to me, some grab around 150 acres but he got retal'd back by one of my kd mate..I cant retal back coz I got only 3k off specs.
There's no more fair play in utopia

ineser the Imperial
Cyber/Furious Angel[Part of Raging Angels IV-VII]
View Public Profile Find more posts by ineser Add ineser to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old ZRG
(25-Sep-2003 at 12:10)
there's a difference between being GBed for retalling and just being weak...
View Public Profile Find more posts by ZRG Add ZRG to your Buddy List Reply with Quote