Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Old Cio
(20-Sep-2005 at 04:21)

Is it legal when 2 people run 1 province?

I was just wondering if people running 1 province is the same as a person running several provinces... or does swirve allow it?

Don't judge me, I'm only human!
~ Chandler
Visit -> http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47146060

Last edited by Cio, 20-Sep-2005 at 04:21.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Cio Add Cio to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Jarlaxle Baenre)
(20-Sep-2005 at 04:27)

I don't see the problem with it, assuming that it's the only account between them. Aside from varying strategy/forum activities, I can't see how they'd even tell, aside from IP adresses.

Of course, this might come under sharing of accounts...but if there's only 1 account for 2 people...gah, I haven't played in long enough

Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated
Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
View Public Profile Visit Eltargrim's homepage Find more posts by Eltargrim Add Eltargrim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Sep-2005 at 04:33)

Two people can't run the same provence according to the rules. Go read them before asking questions like this please.

(\_/) ~Reality Hurts~
(O.o)
(> < ) <-----Bunny is one step close to domination
View Public Profile Find more posts by WonderBread Add WonderBread to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(20-Sep-2005 at 04:42)

Wonderbread, for once it seems, is correct.

1 Player per account.

Any thing else = deletion

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old Cio
(20-Sep-2005 at 06:38)

hmmmm i always knew that having more than one account was illegal, just wasnt sure about 2 people playing one account. anyhoo, thanks for the feedback.

Don't judge me, I'm only human!
~ Chandler
Visit -> http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47146060
View Public Profile Find more posts by Cio Add Cio to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Sep-2005 at 06:59)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Cio)

hmmmm i always knew that having more than one account was illegal, just wasnt sure about 2 people playing one account. anyhoo, thanks for the feedback.
Most people in superkd's arent deleted because they are multi or traders, but for the crosslogins to be uberactive in war. And crosslogin is what you just stated. RUnning a prov with more then 1 person

Signature suspended by Kazac for violating the forum's rules. Non-English
View Public Profile Visit BeterKomJeNiet's homepage Find more posts by BeterKomJeNiet Add BeterKomJeNiet to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Sep-2005 at 07:13)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Saint Sinner)

1 Player per account.

When have I ever been wrong without a purpose?

(\_/) ~Reality Hurts~
(O.o)
(> < ) <-----Bunny is one step close to domination

Last edited by WonderBread, 20-Sep-2005 at 07:13.
View Public Profile Find more posts by WonderBread Add WonderBread to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(20-Sep-2005 at 10:13)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Cio)

I was just wondering if people running 1 province is the same as a person running several provinces... or does swirve allow it?
It depends on the situation actually. If it is two people that are living together in the same house, using the same computer to login. I do not see that as illeagle or breaking the rules. That and if you do get deleted you will probably get reinstated...I have seen this done in the past with one of my old Regents... It was a husband and wife team... and it worked out fine because they worked seperate shits...

But if it is 2 people sharing an account from different computers/IPs it is illeagle and you can get deleted for it...

Quote:
(Originally posted by BeterKomJeNiet)

Most people in superkd's arent deleted because they are multi or traders, but for the crosslogins to be uberactive in war. And crosslogin is what you just stated. RUnning a prov with more then 1 person
1. people in SKDs usually have rules against multing
2. Only a few kds cross log and they usually end up getting deleted.
And you do not need to be a crosslogger to have uberative people in war. It is called Planning, Timing and dedication. My army is never home for more than 3 minutes in a war.
3. Trading does happen, but than again that also happens in every kd. Yes even the small 2 million and less ones.
View Public Profile Visit Zequovixway's homepage Find more posts by Zequovixway Add Zequovixway to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Sep-2005 at 11:11)
Quote:
Trading does happen, but than again that also happens in every kd. Yes even the small 2 million and less ones.
I know this is off topic, but it does not happen in every Kingdom. Currently, the Kingdom I'm in is in the top 5 honor in the world on WOL. And we pride ourselves for not cheating in any way. Of course, people can do that independently without letting the monarch or other players know, but if we ever catch wind of that, they're told off.

We've become what we are through sifting new players and actively sharing knowledge. And clearly, succes sparks activity.

I wish more Kingdoms would play like that, as it would be a lot more fair.
View Public Profile Find more posts by supamist Add supamist to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Sep-2005 at 11:14)

It is clearly in the rules that you can't have two people run one account

Have a HooT
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lucan Add Lucan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(20-Sep-2005 at 15:56)

Quote:
(Originally posted by WonderBread)

When have I ever been wrong without a purpose?
Good point

*points people back to the topic*

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(20-Sep-2005 at 16:11)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Lucan)

It is clearly in the rules that you can't have two people run one account
Yes, I know I can read: http://games.swirve.com/utopia/code.htm

"Users are allowed to maintain only their own account; under no circumstances should accounts be shared, traded, or managed by anyone other than the original owner."

But what I was just pointing out was that if the people live in the same house and their is no other accounts from their, their is basically no way to prove that 2 people are are running the same account.
View Public Profile Visit Zequovixway's homepage Find more posts by Zequovixway Add Zequovixway to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Sep-2005 at 18:40)
I play utopia from 2 different computers, does it mean I can get delleted ?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Itharr Add Itharr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Post has been warned)
(20-Sep-2005 at 20:28)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Saint Sinner)

1 Player per account.

please refrain from posting further flames.

Also please try and stay topic, or warning points will start to come flying down on ya.

Thanks

Last edited by Nagashira, 20-Sep-2005 at 20:30.
Edit reason: typo.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nagashira Add Nagashira to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Sep-2005 at 21:18)

hi supamist!

I WAS in supamistas kd but i got deleted few weks ago(didn't go into vac mode so deleted for inactivity) and even I and whole kingdom want's me back we won't script me back because it's against the rules and not fair.
And btw I was playing Utopia from school,work,parents work,dosen of friends and I didn't get deleted for it 6 months

THIS is teh useless
View Public Profile Find more posts by CatKiller Add CatKiller to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(20-Sep-2005 at 23:07)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Itharr)

I play utopia from 2 different computers, does it mean I can get delleted ?
no, not likely I am just saying one computer when two people playing an accoupnt because trying to login at the same time can be a dead give away.

I use to play from at least 10 different computers at for 6 ages when I was in college. But in reallity their where only 3 different ips. So you should be fine if your account is lagit.
(20-Sep-2005 at 23:20)

Quote:
(Originally posted by CatKiller)

hi supamist!

I WAS in supamistas kd but i got deleted few weks ago(didn't go into vac mode so deleted for inactivity) and even I and whole kingdom want's me back we won't script me back because it's against the rules and not fair.
And btw I was playing Utopia from school,work,parents work,dosen of friends and I didn't get deleted for it 6 months
Swirve most likely treated yours as a Static IP.

Darkness is like a plague... Once it comes it stays...
| Born for Honour, die for Justice. Diplomat of HaJ. | Head of HaJ Public Relations. |
View Public Profile Find more posts by Seoul HaJ Add Seoul HaJ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Sep-2005 at 10:08)

No, you don't get deleted for playing utopia from several computers. It even makes sense as well. Home, Work, Friends etc. can make you go online from several computers. To that you can add different wireless (unprotected) networks you use from time to time.
If you go abroad however, you should mail swirve so they don't think your account was traded.

I'm a satanic bastard who frequently uses small babies to try and summon demons. But enough about me, how much will you pay me to babysit those two adorable little chunks of meat there?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Im0Patience Add Im0Patience to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as amrit)
(21-Sep-2005 at 10:20)
freak

i Just wanna say RULES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Amrit Add Amrit to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Sep-2005 at 13:44)
This should be a common sense question without ever having to read the rules...

When you register for an account, does it say NAME or Name(s)? You input the information of the user for the account. If any of that information is ever incorrect then you're in violation of the rules. If you trade then it's now a new person on the account so name and location are forged, which is worthy of deletion. If you crosslog then someone else is on your account which is worthy of deletion. If you proxy then your account is listed from a different location other than where you are, which is worthy of deletion.

So in summary, it all comes down to the information that you put it when you register. Since there is no room to put multiple names, you may only put in one person's name and if you stray from this info (someone else plays it too) then that's making your account info incorrect and worthy of deletion.

Just about all deletable circumstances stem back to the info you put in the day you register
View Public Profile Find more posts by Beta SO Add Beta SO to your Buddy List Reply with Quote