Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > Books Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(02-Oct-2008 at 14:16)

The Dark is Rising Series by Susan Cooper

Author: Susan Cooper
Summary The Dark Is Rising is the name of a five-book series of children's novels by Susan Cooper originally published in the 1960s and 1970s. The series is written as contemporary fantasy, and depicts the struggle between the forces of good, called The Light, and the forces of evil, known as The Dark.
Books in the Series: Over Sea, Under Stone, The Dark Is Rising, Greenwitch, The Grey King, Silver on the Tree
Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Is_Rising
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(02-Oct-2008 at 14:23)

I read the series about 5 years ago and I think it is well written and has an excellent plot. I would really like to be able to re-read the series, but unfortunately I don't have access to the books any more. The series is the cliché good v. evil battle, but it introduces the theme in a fresh way, with interesting plot lines and unexpected twists.

I recommend these books to anyone that enjoys fiction. Excellent reads.
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote