Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > Movie Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average
(16-Aug-2008 at 20:09)

I saw the midnight premiere of this movie and went to see it later that same day.

Heath Ledger nailed it! I could have never imagined a better way to play the role.

This was a truly great movie.

...The ShadowMachine...
Swedish Pride!!
Red+Purple=HAPPINESS!
View Public Profile Find more posts by ShadowMachine Add ShadowMachine to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Sep-2008 at 04:04)

Overrated and overhyped. Still, better than the average movie.

4/5
View Public Profile Find more posts by aC23 Add aC23 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DeRnhelm)
Donated $11.54
(15-Oct-2008 at 10:59)

I waited and saw some tenfolds of reviews and 10/10 100% 6 eyes on the dice comments from people before I actually watched it.

It wasn't a 10/10 movie to me, maybe 7/10. Batman Begins was better. After seeing the movie I didn't think I had the movie experience of all time, and I thought it was a bit boring.

Not a bad movie, but not top 5 EVER movies.

~ŠeRn~
BTW: You Are All Buffle Headed
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeRn HaLL Add DeRn HaLL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jan-2009 at 01:16)

I thought the switch to Maggie Gyllenhaal went seamlessly. I didn't like her as Rachel but its not like Katie Holmes was any better. I guess they each did a passable job but if they come out with another Bale batman movie they need to find a good actress to compliment him. Anyway 10/10 from me. Of course I'm a huge batman fan.
View Public Profile Visit morticianjohn's homepage Find more posts by morticianjohn Add morticianjohn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jan-2009 at 01:18)

Re: [2008] The Dark Knight

Originally Posted by morticianjohn: View Post
I thought the switch to Maggie Gyllenhaal went seamlessly. I didn't like her as Rachel but its not like Katie Holmes was any better. I guess they each did a passable job but if they come out with another Bale batman movie they need to find a good actress to compliment him. Anyway 10/10 from me. Of course I'm a huge batman fan.
She dies, dude. And not just a little either, she gets blown to bits. I don't think she'll come back from that, even in a superhero-comicbook-movie.

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)

Last edited by Lunor, 21-Jan-2009 at 01:19.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(21-Jan-2009 at 01:37)

Originally Posted by Lunor: View Post
She dies, dude. And not just a little either, she gets blown to bits. I don't think she'll come back from that, even in a superhero-comicbook-movie.
While it is true that she dies, it's not as if they won't throw another chick at him in the next one if/when it comes.

"If You Fall, I’ll Be There"
-– Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Jan-2009 at 04:29)

I saw the movie a couple of months ago, and it was the best Batman movie I've ever watched. Heath Ledger played the best Joker. If they try to involve the Joker in a different movie in the DK series, they will be hard-pressed to find an actor that can play him as well as Ledger. There was one part of the movie that I thought was going to end up differently. I'm not sure how to make that clickable button to reveal those spoilers, so I will leave it out for the sakes of those who haven't watched it yet.

Refusal to comprimise only succeeds in driving the devil's bargain. However, when one comprimises one's morals, they become the devil's bargain.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Blind Seer Add Blind Seer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.08
(25-Jan-2009 at 03:12)

Originally Posted by aC23: View Post
Overrated and overhyped. Still, better than the average movie.

4/5
I agree. Most guys seemed to have better-than-sex experiences while watching this movie, which to me seems a little extreme. But the movie was certainly good. A lot better than most of the crap that has been produced lately.

"Why should I have to work for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it!" - Calvin.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stewie Add Stewie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote