Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > Movie Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(23-Jul-2008 at 22:03)

[2008] You Don't Mess with the Zohan

Genre: Action, Comedy

Director: Dennis Dugan

Plot: An Israeli Special Forces Soldier fakes his death so he can re-emerge in New York City as a hair stylist.

Actors:
Adam Sandler ... Zohan Dvir
John Turturro ... The Phantom
Emmanuelle Chriqui ... Dalia
Nick Swardson ... Michael
Lainie Kazan ... Gail
Ido Mosseri ... Oori
Rob Schneider ... Salim
Dave Matthews ... James
Michael Buffer ... Walbridge
Charlotte Rae ... Mrs. Greenhouse
Sayed Badreya ... Hamdi
Daoud Heidami ... Nasi
Kevin Nealon ... Kevin
Robert Smigel ... Yosi
Dina Doron ... Zohan's Mother (as Dina Doronne)

IMDB link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0960144/
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Jul-2008 at 00:22)

Sucked. All the funny parts are in the previews.

1/5

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(24-Jul-2008 at 00:55)

Re: [2008] You Don't Mess with the Zohan

It's Adam Sandler, how good can it be?

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Jul-2008 at 01:19)

I dunno, I kinda like Adam Sandler.... In fact hes pretty much the main reason i went to see this movie, to be quite honest I personally think this is just about (if not THE) worst movie he has been in...

"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.20
(13-Aug-2008 at 15:23)

Nah, Click was far worse. This had it moments, although they were few and far between

"If guns kill people...Can I blame mispelled words on my pencil?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mad Morgan Add Mad Morgan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Aug-2008 at 15:30)

Insanely over the top, but it made me laugh hard a couple of times.. pure silliness.

Your brain is unique in the history of the universe. Use it wisely.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dusk Illz Add Dusk Illz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Aug-2008 at 01:14)

Re: [2008] You Don't Mess with the Zohan

Originally Posted by Mad Morgan: View Post
Nah, Click was far worse. This had it moments, although they were few and far between
I liked Click 100x better than this one.
Don't Mess With the Zohan was just awful.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / ∆

Last edited by Greeney, 14-Aug-2008 at 01:16.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Aug-2008 at 04:39)

To be honest I liked Click more than this too, although I would say Click is his second worst movie....

"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(21-Aug-2008 at 02:12)

0/10

Terrible. Terrible. TERRIBLE. Movie was just mind-numbingly stupid.

Click was so much better. No comparison.
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Sep-2008 at 04:02)

Cheesy and typical Sandler movie. Some amusing parts, other than that, it sucked

2/5
View Public Profile Find more posts by aC23 Add aC23 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old VaX It's a boy!
(23-Sep-2008 at 21:05)
Me and my wife saw it because her parents decided to take us to see it in the dollar movies one boring day. Wow what a piece of crap (and I thought it would suck). Yes the best parts are all on the commercial, and those parts didn't even look funny either. Sad.

Regardless of if we are right or wrong, history will form its own opinions.

If your not willing to die for democracy then you shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by VaX Add VaX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Jan-2009 at 05:11)

Even though the movie was funny, it was not Sandler's best work (I think Little Nicky and Happy Gilmore were his best). I like that there were parts where they played on the Jewish and Palestinian stereotypes, and in the end work together (more or less).

Refusal to comprimise only succeeds in driving the devil's bargain. However, when one comprimises one's morals, they become the devil's bargain.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Blind Seer Add Blind Seer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Mar-2009 at 08:34)
I actually loved this movie! But then I've been to Israel and I'm Jewish so all of these jokes made so much sense to me. And every one of my Jewish friends loved it too.

10/10

You guys probably just didn't understand the references as well as I did.
View Public Profile Find more posts by cyberpho Add cyberpho to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Apr-2009 at 00:45)

3/10

Bad. I wasn't expecting much, but it was still much worse than I thought it would be.

It's just not funny.

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote