Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(12-Aug-2009 at 09:25)

Re: Honor for Dragonslayers

Originally Posted by Fanatic39: View Post
have a system where if EVERYONE contributes an amount, (% of the drag) they ALL get some sort of bonus
(for drag AND teamwork, lol)
and how does that prevent the FW dragon farming issue ? and not increase it ?

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Sep-2009 at 22:23)

Originally Posted by HarleyQuinnROX: View Post
and how does that prevent the FW dragon farming issue ? and not increase it ?
ahh, good point.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Fanatic39 Add Fanatic39 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Sep-2009 at 02:39)
I havent read every post in this thread but I have long thought that there should be benefits for killing a dragon. But that does leave it open to abuse. I have come to realize that anytime we get a bonus for doing something in Utopia we will abuse and misuse it. Therefore I believe that maybe there should be an extra LOSS of honor every day it ravashes our lands. Therefore killing the dragon becomes an honor benefit by default. Maybe then there can be a benefit for the individuals that send troops to kill the dragon that might counter act the negatives of it being there in the first place. Thus stopping abuse of that system.
View Public Profile Find more posts by raiman Add raiman to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Sep-2009 at 09:16)

Originally Posted by raiman: View Post
I havent read every post in this thread but I have long thought that there should be benefits for killing a dragon. But that does leave it open to abuse. I have come to realize that anytime we get a bonus for doing something in Utopia we will abuse and misuse it. Therefore I believe that maybe there should be an extra LOSS of honor every day it ravashes our lands. Therefore killing the dragon becomes an honor benefit by default. Maybe then there can be a benefit for the individuals that send troops to kill the dragon that might counter act the negatives of it being there in the first place. Thus stopping abuse of that system.
Well, this would counter that problem, but it's still not doing what the issue is:
to gain honor from suiciding their prov for the KD
-Why don't you have a temporary system? like, for the rest of the war, you'd get bonuses against the KD that sent it.. like extra off and def against them,
better gains....? and depending on the amount of points sent to attack drag, you get smaller or bigger bonuses.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Fanatic39 Add Fanatic39 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Sep-2009 at 18:51)
hmmmm....

I like that idea as well.

Getter gains, greater draft, greater income, increased honor bonus, something like that.

That might work well. But I do believe there has to be the neg. bonuses as well. To prevent abuse.
View Public Profile Find more posts by raiman Add raiman to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Sep-2009 at 07:28)

Originally Posted by raiman: View Post
hmmmm....

I like that idea as well.

Getter gains, greater draft, greater income, increased honor bonus, something like that.

That might work well. But I do believe there has to be the neg. bonuses as well. To prevent abuse.
I really can't see how you can abuse. It can only be used against the KD who sent the drag at you, so no abuse...