Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > General Site Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(07-Jul-2010 at 13:01)
Suggestion: Pimp Servers Status

The Utopia Servers Status is a useful tool whenever the utopia servers are unstable (for example, during age changes)

Right now, it's hard to find out when utopiapimp is down; it can change within an hour.

I think it would be helpful if you could also vote on the status of the utopiapimp server (www.utopiapimp.com and www.utopiashrimp.com); and that it would look something like this:
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Utopia Servers Status.bmp (68.0 KB, 10 views)
View Public Profile Find more posts by bigk Add bigk to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(07-Jul-2010 at 21:56)

See heres the thing ... we are not a utopiapimp fan site.
In fact .. utopiapimp is a competitor site
They have a tool,
We have a tool
They have a forum,
We have a forum

See what I'm getting at?

Personally I would like to see UT absorb some of these other sites but thats just me AFAIK.

Anyway ... I dont think we will be installing anything that would be remotely helpful to other forums.

It's not that I want to see pimp fail .. its that I want to see UT succeed for as long as possible.

Our site looks better anyway

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(08-Jul-2010 at 00:01)

Re: Suggestion: Pimp Servers Status

Originally Posted by Saint Sinner: View Post
See heres the thing ... we are not a utopiapimp fan site.
In fact .. utopiapimp is a competitor site
They have a tool,
We have a tool
They have a forum,
We have a forum

See what I'm getting at?
I must be slow... are you suggesting that this particular user has come to the wrong forums to post about UtopiaPimp's server status?

People, like snowflakes, are all slightly different, but we all follow the same patterns -Stewie
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Some people are like Slinkies- absolutely useless, but always fun to push down stairs!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azure Dragon Add Azure Dragon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Jul-2010 at 09:15)
I don't think Utopia Temple and Utopiapimp are being very competitive; for example, there's the Forum Agent (to automatically send Angel formatted intel to utopiapimp).

Most tools on utopiapimp don't compete with UT. Rather, they supplement each other. There are a few exceptions, but they aren't noteworthy:

1) both sites have a general chat section. However, the utopiapimp forum is hardly used for that (over the whole year, about 6 of these threads have been started, with a total of about 20 posts...)

2) both sites have a target finder, but UT's target finder has been out of order for more than a year, I think

Lastly, I just thought this function would be more useful if it's located on Utopia Temple, because it can happen that the utopiapimp website does not load at all (where would you then post that pimp is down?)

Last edited by bigk, 08-Jul-2010 at 09:16.
View Public Profile Find more posts by bigk Add bigk to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(10-Jul-2010 at 05:58)

Re: Suggestion: Pimp Servers Status

Originally Posted by bigk: View Post
I don't think Utopia Temple and Utopiapimp are being very competitive; for example, there's the Forum Agent (to automatically send Angel formatted intel to utopiapimp).

Most tools on utopiapimp don't compete with UT. Rather, they supplement each other. There are a few exceptions, but they aren't noteworthy:

1) both sites have a general chat section. However, the utopiapimp forum is hardly used for that (over the whole year, about 6 of these threads have been started, with a total of about 20 posts...)

2) both sites have a target finder, but UT's target finder has been out of order for more than a year, I think

Lastly, I just thought this function would be more useful if it's located on Utopia Temple, because it can happen that the utopiapimp website does not load at all (where would you then post that pimp is down?)
Well I would imagine that like most sites you would figure it was down when you couldnt connect to it

I would suggest posting in UD ... thats where everyone posts when Utopia is down.

However you did bring up a few good points

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote