Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Angel > Report Bugs and Problems

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(02-Dec-2014 at 20:38)
Trojan.Generic.12240041 found in ANgel

I've been having issues with Angel together with my F-Secure Anti-virus software for a while but today when updating to 2.18 alpha2 it completely barfed at me.
After having downloaded the new file but before I had a chance to actually run the installer the anti-virus software put the file into quarantine and removed all traces of it form my system.
The information I get directs me to this site:
https://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/tro...wnloader.shtml

And the thing it claims to have found is called "Trojan.Generic.12240041" which is a very unhelpful name.

Is there anything to this? Is there a way I can get around it and continue using this excellent program?

The problem with trying to make yourself more stupid then you are is that you often succeed.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Winterbay Add Winterbay to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Dec-2014 at 01:29)
Re: Trojan.Generic.12240041 found in ANgel

Same problem here... Bitdefender antivirus!
View Public Profile Find more posts by saas Add saas to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(05-Jan-2015 at 02:41)

lightbulb Re: Trojan.Generic.12240041 found in ANgel

Thanks for reporting, and sorry for the inconvenience...
This was obviously a false positive. I checked with VirusTotal, and "only" 9 out of 56 antiviruses detected a problem. False detections happen from time to time, since antiviruses search against a huge number of code signatures, that they're bound to find something sometimes. In any case, I'll try to check future versions before releasing them, like I did with v2.18a3 which was found clean.

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Jan-2015 at 19:50)
Thank you very much. I assumed as much, but since I could not get the anti-virus program to accept anything I did I tried this approach. I'm happy to be able to continue using this excellent program (even though I haven't played Utopia for several years).

The problem with trying to make yourself more stupid then you are is that you often succeed.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Winterbay Add Winterbay to your Buddy List Reply with Quote