Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Angel > Known Bugs & FAQ

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(01-Mar-2002 at 21:49)
Can't Download

Everytime I try to download the new version of Utopia Angel (1.27 beta 2) I get a message that says my computer can not open the file because it has been damaged or trunctuated during the download. It happens every time I try to download it and I tried to download it from all of the links on this site and still no luck. If anyone can help me please do.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Magyk Add Magyk to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(01-Mar-2002 at 22:31)

lightbulb Re: Can't Download

Clear your temporary Internet files:

Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Delete Files... -> OK

If it doesn't help, run a search for "angel*.exe" (without the quotes), and delete all the found files. Then download again.

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Mar-2002 at 17:12)
Still not working

I tried it and it didnt work
View Public Profile Find more posts by Magyk Add Magyk to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Mar-2002 at 17:21)
same with me

I was also having the same proplem and did everythig you said to do but it still had the same result and didnt work.
View Public Profile Find more posts by cheston Add cheston to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Utopia Temple Host
Donated $5.12
(04-Mar-2002 at 21:05)

Once you've cleared your browser cache, and probably restarted it for good measure, if you still have the same issue you should try a different mirror.

- Tyrall

Admin of the Tyrall Network, home of Utopia Temple
View Public Profile Visit Tyrall's homepage Find more posts by Tyrall Add Tyrall to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(04-Mar-2002 at 21:08)

lightbulb Re: Still not working

It is possible that your ISP caches the corrupted download attempt file, and will serve it to you in your future requests. You may need to wait a few days till it expires (usually 48 hours), or try to download from a different mirror site. If you're using a Proxy server, you may try to disable it (Internet Options -> Connections -> Settings / LAN Settings -> Uncheck "Use Proxy Server").

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote