Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven > Imported Polls

Post New Thread Closed Thread
Author Thread
(Posted as Vision of Hope)
Donated $7.39
(13-Aug-2001 at 22:04)

Is there a GOD ?

Is there a god in this world , or is it just a shelter created by man to feel secure ? vote pls ..

-= Il y a toujours espoir :: There Is Always Hope =-
~ Nothing is as real as a dream. The world can change around you, but your dream will not.
Responsibilities need not erase it. Duties need not obscure it.
Because the dream is within you, no one can take it away. ~

This too, shall pass.. You will not be just a memory.
View Public Profile Find more posts by ForsakenHope Add ForsakenHope to your Buddy List
Old Nakor BlueRider
Imported Post
(16-Aug-2001 at 01:55)
Re: Is there a GOD ?

Wow... Talk about a split vote...
Old Pimpin 4 Acres
Imported Post
(16-Aug-2001 at 04:33)

Well, i personally am Atheist, but frankly its hard to have blind faith in this day in age. I mean really, in the Bible (Great fictional story btw) God talks and confonts mankind like...every few years. I personally havent heard anything from him in a long time. And wasnt Jesus supposed to re-emerge in the year 2000?

Old Nakor BlueRider
Imported Post
(16-Aug-2001 at 15:30)

It's 2002 right now. When 2002 comes, it'll be 2003. Then it'll be 2004. This'll continue until it comes true, or all the doomsayers die.
Old Black Fight
Imported Post
(17-Aug-2001 at 19:04)

I believe in god but I don't think anyone can tell when Jesus comes so people who say they know should be locked up...
(Posted as Necromtic Filth)
Donated $7.00
(17-Aug-2001 at 19:23)

There is no one God nor does he have an unpronouncible name that is supposed to undo everything when chanted(Hvxh). Christians though believe that there is no set date when the supposed messiah will return(yeah right). My faith believes and knows that there is no end of the earth until the sun dies(roughly 5 billion years from now). And as for the end of the world/return of Christ/apocolypse/Y2K that was supposed to come in 2000, everyone idiotically belived it because it was a nice round number. I bet in AD 1000 everyone thought that that Christ would return and the bubonic would end mankind. Low and behold, we are still here. When it didn't happen, the Pope blamed the devil, hence the beginning of 800 years of oppression. Starting with the Cathors, then the Jews, then some christian knight order, then the witches, then the Jews again, then the communists, and it still keeps going.

The guiding light of my family -
|Daughter Lady Juliet|Siblings Tia, Exxy, Hopey, Kat, Paul|

Why cant you see fear will impede you to break
Through your trivial life and find the missing aim to evolve
View Public Profile Visit Dizzy Blizzy's homepage Find more posts by Dizzy Blizzy Add Dizzy Blizzy to your Buddy List
(17-Aug-2001 at 20:10)
well...

I'm aethist (sorry but I can't spell at ##:## AM) and considering the fact that parts of the bible were written in order to keep the author from being executed...its kind of hard to establish its credibility
View Public Profile Find more posts by Balron Add Balron to your Buddy List
Old Nakor BlueRider
Imported Post
(18-Aug-2001 at 02:45)
Re: well...

My mother was trying to fill me with rumors of a huge war breaking out in 2001... Now that 2001 is half gone, the planet's going to tip on it's side in 2015. Apparently the north poll will end up facing the sun and melt and half the Earth will be super toasty, half the Earth will live in an ice age, and along the equator it'll be somewhere in the middle. All this is supposed to take a few seconds.

Yeah, right.
Old Pimpin 4 Acres
Imported Post
(18-Aug-2001 at 02:53)
Re: well...

Agreed. Also, the only ties we have with God are through religion...the cause of billions of deaths has been religion and religious differences.

Is this something to worship?
(18-Aug-2001 at 04:25)
I dunno....

death and destruction are well good things IMHO =) then again my parents needed me tested to be sure I was sane....three or four time =0
View Public Profile Find more posts by Balron Add Balron to your Buddy List
Old Pimpin 4 Acres
Imported Post
(18-Aug-2001 at 04:46)
Re: I dunno....

Well that explains some of your posts. :P
Donated $7.00
(01-Sep-2001 at 20:19)

This has been up for over two weeks now and I'm still the only one who picked the "who is god" choice?

View Public Profile Visit Dizzy Blizzy's homepage Find more posts by Dizzy Blizzy Add Dizzy Blizzy to your Buddy List
(02-Sep-2001 at 01:53)
I dunno....

Where the fuck did you hear that God was coming in 2000 years!? I'm not sure if you people know, but people who live on Earth only live once. Since most of you guys don't know much in the Bible, i'll clue you in on this one. Jesus lived and died in the year 0. the time system wasn't very good back then as you can see. that's why know, sometimes when you refer to a year, it's call 1500 B.C.(BEFORE CHRIST) or 1100 A.D(AFTER DEATH)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chruz Add Chruz to your Buddy List
Donated $7.00
(02-Sep-2001 at 19:12)

After death!? It comes from the latin translation(I forget the exact phrase) meaning "the year of our lord."

Old PrivateHuf
Imported Post
(05-Sep-2001 at 13:24)
Re: I dunno.... (no god)

LOL i think the "After Death" thing was on an episode of the simpsons... LOL LOL LOL

btw there is no God.. sorry guys

Old PrivateHuf
Imported Post
(05-Sep-2001 at 13:27)

yeah ok wow ur dumb....
found the latin phrase:

AD = "Anno Domini" (yep - year of our lord)

How can I be convinced that there is a god when people like that are arguing the point?

Donated $7.00
(16-Sep-2001 at 21:29)

I didn't vote that I believed, I vote the "waht is God" catagory. My not knowing made me dumb? First off, dumb is a sinonym for mute. Second, maybe you need to read more carefully. I was only arguing the meaning of AD. There was some book, Holy Blood something or other, forget the title. Anyway, that book had good evidence to support that Christ did not die on the cross and infact survived, had a family, and his bloodline may still be around. Very contriversial, I must find that book again!

Old PrivateHuf
Imported Post
(17-Sep-2001 at 13:03)

I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the guy that thought it meant "after death". I declared that he was dumb for thinking this, after I found the latin phrase. (which was evidence that he was wrong and not just my own speculation.)

And I think maybe the word "dumb" has come to also mean "stupid," if you check your dictionary.

(Posted as lord sputtnick)
(22-Oct-2001 at 00:45)

GoD????

Should I know the one called god his he/she a friend of you? Is he/she famous? Is he/she a friend of Budah? Damn What is GoD? A new op for thieves? An secret FBI project?

It's alright to hate George W. Bush
SM-barkeep, Rest in Peace YYA - Alliance still ruin utopian fun, The god of typos, WARNING!!! Posting at UT makes addictive

View Public Profile Visit Russian Sputnik's homepage Find more posts by Russian Sputnik Add Russian Sputnik to your Buddy List
(01-Nov-2001 at 10:48)

Of course there is a God..I am here aint I?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Arcanium Add Arcanium to your Buddy List
Closed Thread