Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven > Imported Polls

Post New Thread Closed Thread
Author Thread
Donated $0.64
(03-Sep-2002 at 08:58)
There is a god ...

Jesus Said ..

I am the truth the way and the light no one comes to the father but through me ...

Jesus is The way ..

Its is THE way ..

the way means its the only way ..

Why do Christians go around sharing the Good news about Jesus ??

Because we experence Joy and we want to share it ..

What do we gain when we u believe ..

We gain nothing ..

why will someone do something thing that he/she will not gain anything from ??

UNLESS !! .. he / she believe that the something// something is Good enough to be shared with ..

Think about it ..
View Public Profile Find more posts by powerlessones Add powerlessones to your Buddy List
(Posted as RuNeFiRe X)
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(03-Sep-2002 at 11:53)

Jesus = Man, am I right?

So if so Me = Man = What I say must also be right..
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List
(Posted as vulcanis)
(26-Sep-2002 at 08:50)

Re: Re: I dunno.... (no god)

Quote:
(Originally posted by TheBlasphemer)

I didn't vote that I believed, I vote the "waht is God" catagory. My not knowing made me dumb? First off, dumb is a sinonym for mute. Second, maybe you need to read more carefully. I was only arguing the meaning of AD. There was some book, Holy Blood something or other, forget the title. Anyway, that book had good evidence to support that Christ did not die on the cross and infact survived, had a family, and his bloodline may still be around. Very contriversial, I must find that book again!
you must not know what crucifixion is then...the romans had been doing that for many many years, I don't think that the only time they failed to kill someone on a cross would have been with jesus...second, they stuck a spear through his side and into his heart...

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools.
Let's start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"As a rule, people are stupid, selfish, ignorant, and rude. - Shawn Vermette
View Public Profile Visit Vulcanis's homepage Find more posts by Vulcanis Add Vulcanis to your Buddy List
(Posted as vulcanis)
(26-Sep-2002 at 08:55)

Re: Re: Is there a GOD ?

Quote:
(Originally posted by Pimpin 4 Acres)

Well, i personally am Atheist, but frankly its hard to have blind faith in this day in age. I mean really, in the Bible (Great fictional story btw) God talks and confonts mankind like...every few years. I personally havent heard anything from him in a long time. And wasnt Jesus supposed to re-emerge in the year 2000?
Jesus will return when he returns...no one knows when it will be exactly, but it will not be to walk on the earth, he will be returning to call all true christians off the earth to heaven..its called the rapture...after this will ensue 7 years called the Tribulation in which 75% of the population that is left behind will die, there will be that vaunted one world order everyone seems to want, and there will even be a one world religion...after those 7 years will come the battle of Armageddon where Jesus and all the christians who have left this world will return to fight against Satan, the antichrist and all forces of evil

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.

View Public Profile Visit Vulcanis's homepage Find more posts by Vulcanis Add Vulcanis to your Buddy List
(Posted as vulcanis)
(26-Sep-2002 at 09:02)

Re: I dunno....

Quote:
(Originally posted by Chruz)

Where the fuck did you hear that God was coming in 2000 years!? I'm not sure if you people know, but people who live on Earth only live once. Since most of you guys don't know much in the Bible, i'll clue you in on this one. Jesus lived and died in the year 0. the time system wasn't very good back then as you can see. that's why know, sometimes when you refer to a year, it's call 1500 B.C.(BEFORE CHRIST) or 1100 A.D(AFTER DEATH)
as others have said...its AD=Anno Domini
but they forgot that you screwed up BC too

BC=Before Crucifixion
AD=Anno Domini(year of our lord)

and Jesus was born somewhere between 4-6BC(as the person who dated the years messed up slightly in his estimations)
and died in 27-29AD(for the same reason)

(Posted as vulcanis)
(26-Sep-2002 at 09:06)

Quote:
(Originally posted by RuNeFiRe X)

Jesus = Man, am I right?

So if so Me = Man = What I say must also be right..
actually you are wrong

Jesus=God

therefore, what you say is not always right

(Posted as vulcanis)
(26-Sep-2002 at 09:08)

Re: well...

Quote:
(Originally posted by Balron)

I'm aethist (sorry but I can't spell at ##:## AM) and considering the fact that parts of the bible were written in order to keep the author from being executed...its kind of hard to establish its credibility
which parts?

the entirety of the Bible as it is now was written before 100AD

Donated $1.84
(27-Sep-2002 at 07:41)

you know you could have and SHOULD have done that all in one post.

and Jesus does not = god
Jesus = the son of god
and technically we are all children of god so what runey said still works

Koli
Farewell my Utopian friends. May you all find what you seek out of life.
View Public Profile Visit Koli's homepage Find more posts by Koli Add Koli to your Buddy List
(Posted as vulcanis)
(28-Sep-2002 at 15:20)

God=the Trinity, father, son, and holy spirit as one...thus, the Son=God
Jesus=the Son
therefore, Jesus=God

and I'm not exactly literate in this type of posting environ, so I wasn't aware I could do that at the time

(Posted as Mercad)
(15-Oct-2002 at 08:08)
you know 1 thing that still makes me think is that there are different types of books, 1 being fiction... all books must have a type, the bible has a problem within it

1. It mentions Jesus's young age and older age yet misses the teenage years (was he a vandalizer ;-) )

2. Though it says jesus had died how in fact do we know that it wasnt another person that looked like him ad he was still alive

3. How do we know this book is non-fiction

PS: Jesus is pronounced wrong... ever hear of jesus (spanish hezues) maybe a bunch of mexicains wrote this ;-) (no im not racist)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Merc Add Merc to your Buddy List
(28-Nov-2002 at 11:49)
I doubt there is a god. For one starters, they say god is the good god but what is good or bad is entirely relative on a persons perspective of what is good and what is bad and this also includes the society he lives in. They say god is the god of love and he is a jelous god but the bible also states in the chapter of love in the new testament that love is never jelous then how can that be? 3rd, why are there only 4 gospel books when there are supposedly 12 deciples? Wouldn't it be a natural thing to write down the events that partake when you were with jesus being the messaih that he is just to make sure that you don't forget anything? Lastly, god is the god of order but look at his followers! Chaotic and in dissarray!

"Nothing is good or bad but thinking makes it so.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dagger6 Add Dagger6 to your Buddy List
(09-Dec-2002 at 02:02)
"A believer is a bird in a cage. A freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wing."

- Robert Ingersoll

It is not a sign of great intelligence to blindly believe that what someone else has told you is true.
View Public Profile Find more posts by spall Add spall to your Buddy List
(Posted as Aetius SPOR)
(21-Dec-2002 at 02:57)

content

lets see....13 girls to each guy on the Orchestra trip.... 10 girls in my hotel room the night b4 the concert.....

THERE IS A GOD!
AND THANK YOU GOD !!!!

There was once a dream that was Rome, but that dream has come to an end.
View Public Profile Visit AAetius's homepage Find more posts by AAetius Add AAetius to your Buddy List
(Posted as Belnick HaJ)
(24-Dec-2002 at 19:59)

no

no

Within darkness comes enlightenment.
There is no god, there is no Devil, there is no heaven or Hell
STYX HaJ challenged Lord Hawk - He ran off
View Public Profile Visit Belnick the God's homepage Find more posts by Belnick the God Add Belnick the God to your Buddy List
Donated $1.36
(28-Dec-2002 at 21:58)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Koli)

you know you could have and SHOULD have done that all in one post.

and Jesus does not = god
Jesus = the son of god
and technically we are all children of god so what runey said still works
You're moving into doctrine now, as to what or who Jesus is...most mainstream religons teach in the trinity...that while Jesus is the Son of God, he is also God..and what runey said doesn't work in the eyes of virtually any Christian. Jesus was a man, but he was the perfect man...so unless you've found yourself perfect, it couldn't fit.

Your better bet would just be to say Jesus was ONLY a man...and nothing more, to acknowledge him as more opens yourself to debate within that community.
View Public Profile Visit cuvee490's homepage Find more posts by cuvee490 Add cuvee490 to your Buddy List
(Posted as Belnick HaJ)
(31-Dec-2002 at 02:17)

lol

make it easy

post here with the evidence or send them to my icq within 24h's, if not there is NOT a god, easy as that

Is there a GOD ? = no, but there is a religion with fanatics that would go berzerk if it were proven god did not exist.

tried to have the same talk in HaJ and it ended with nothing

we could also turn it, is there a devil ?, to me, no
but to the christians it must be yes or they would no longer have a religion.

just accept it, in 500 years everyone will be atheists

btw
"Better to rule in hell then to serve in heaven"

"Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years"

View Public Profile Visit Belnick the God's homepage Find more posts by Belnick the God Add Belnick the God to your Buddy List
(09-Jan-2003 at 07:33)
Mankind worshipped animal spirits. Then mankind worshipped God. Then there is the present in which I worship my car and computer.
View Public Profile Find more posts by spall Add spall to your Buddy List
(Posted as Belnick HaJ)
(09-Jan-2003 at 23:53)

lol

well u are the first to reply here for several days heheehe

but no christian yet

(Posted as Obi2Kenobi)
Donated $1.28
(24-Jan-2003 at 06:01)

I think there is, but I don't think anyone alive knows or will ever know anything about them.

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and if it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
~Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
View Public Profile Visit obi2kenobi's homepage Find more posts by obi2kenobi Add obi2kenobi to your Buddy List
(24-Jan-2003 at 22:55)

your here because of a thing called evolution. god doesnt exist. religion was used to keep the population under control in the medieval ages. it kept them happy when their kings took all their money and food. Religion is the opiate of the masses. it is only there to trick normal people. God doesnt exist. in any form or religion. down with god. down with god.
View Public Profile Find more posts by gotred Add gotred to your Buddy List
Closed Thread