Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Alliances Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(30-Nov-2004 at 20:24)
freak Genesis Alliances (in theory) Rock BF/WoL Alliances

Feel free to flame I know I'm smarter than all of you (pours gasoline all over himself)

Immagine this... an alliance on BF/WoL has potential for the most obvious reason that you continue on with the same group of players and can develop strong strategies within the kingdom's inside over the period of a few ages.

Once your kingdom is top-notch you can then start to reach out and take on new members of the alliance.

Don't overlook the possibilities of a Genesis alliance though... for starters there are NO good alliances on Genesis. Period. This leaves allot of potential for getting members and having a powerhouse early on in the creation of your alliance.

Ok, round ends... everyone moves on. I've got all my kd contacts on msn, why delete them! I've now got links into 20 new kingdoms for the next age...
(Speaking from Genesis experience being monarch of a GREAT kingdom right now)

Next age begins we coordinate as much as possible with each other having the upper hand on "new" genesis kingdoms while getting as many members into monarchy as possible (possibly using the alliance as a tool to help that along the way)

Allright, now you've got a bunch of freemen trying to run for monarchy... say half of them work it. Half the members or even 1/4 of them get monarchy. There is another 5 alliance kd members!

The potential (theoretically) for an alliance on Genesis is far greater than WoL/BF in just pure growth. Alliances on Gen could spread like a virus and after a few rounds be connected to hundreds of different kingdoms

Anyways thats about it. Just wanted to point it out and see how many people start new gen alliances
View Public Profile Find more posts by rusty1 Add rusty1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Nov-2004 at 20:29)

To say there are no good Genesis alliances is pretty moronic isn't it? DD, STD and Mummers are pretty decent, doubt that you could build up a stronger alliance.

Backa backa mother.....
View Public Profile Find more posts by Largoi Add Largoi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Nov-2004 at 20:45)
I guess STD DD and Mummers are ok... but, really whats it take to get people into your alliance when their options are from those three mentioned or nothing at all (pictures that simpson's episode... eww ned flanders)

I guess the same statement would apply to this (theoretical) alliance... I mean the whole idea is getting as many people as you can and sticking the same tag on them. Alliances are kinda silly like that arent'they
View Public Profile Find more posts by rusty1 Add rusty1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Paradoxy)
(30-Nov-2004 at 21:02)

Quote:
for starters there are NO good alliances on Genesis. Period.
You obvoisuly havent been paying attention. Since no one actually does rankings for gen no one can see. But, like Largoi said, there are STD, DD, IO and Mummers on gen.

You are somewhat rigth about your ideas, but what makes people want to join a gen alliance if they arent in a BF/WoL alliance? Most of the time, its still the same people who are on BF and WoL, if theyre against alliances why would they join? What im saying is that its the SAME people, so if they like alliances they may join one, if not they wont. The only reason gen alliances SEEM better are because there are less of them, thus reducing peoples choices to which one they join.

As for WoL and BF alliances, there are ALOT. And people have a big choice, so thats why its hard for alliances on Wol/bf to find new members.

My point is, that the less selection of alliances on gen may be the reason why the current ones are big. If someone makes a new gen alliance, it may flourish, and then if more are made, the less chance there is.

Par∑a∑dox
Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is nothing
MSN:[email protected]
View Public Profile Visit P a r a d o x's homepage Find more posts by P a r a d o x Add P a r a d o x to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Nov-2004 at 23:16)

Hmmm... If you're so sure you can make a great genesis alliance, why not just do it than ask people to imagine you doing it?

As for not being nay good alliance on genesis... At least 75% of the top50 in networth are tagged STD, DD or Mummers, how can you imagine you'll make a better alliance?

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / ∆
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Nov-2004 at 23:21)
As much I'm sure I'd make a great leader... I just don't have the experience in the politics of Utopia to even try starting an alliance.

I have a great deal of respect for those that succesfully make one and pull it to the top like some do (Yes Even STD DD IO and Mummers I was just messin around)

I've played Utopia so long now that it's like looking into the matrix I just see numbers. Oh ... wait it is just numbers. Well I'll be darned!

My theory still stands, Gen alliances are so much cooler and have more potential than a WoL or BF alliance. But I get flamed enough on a daily basis to actually start me own :P Thats just asking for others to put you down.
(30-Nov-2004 at 23:25)

It's only "easier" to make a genesis alliance because it hasn't been out as long as WoL or BF and is taken less seriously. In WoL/BF the earlier alliances had more oppertunity.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / ∆
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as C h e e s E)
(01-Dec-2004 at 14:16)
But your "potential" isnt necessarily our potential. Yes by going through contacts you can probably expand immensely each age, I know people came into #STD to "register their kingdom for the new round" since they played in an STD kd last age. But that kind of potential isnt how we do things. As you continue with that growth plan tho, soon you would only have time for genesis, and to keep in contact with every member of every kingdom in your alliance age after age so that they would come back to you for the next one.
View Public Profile Find more posts by eX Cheese Xe Add eX Cheese Xe to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Dec-2004 at 05:44)
First of all, STD pwnz Genesis.

Second, it isn't feasible to expect twenty kingdoms out of one. There are almost no kingdoms where even close to all of the members have the potential to be good monarchs and lead their kingdom individually to the top.

Prodigy of The Windmaster
Child of Vortex

"No Mercy, Only Madness"
View Public Profile Find more posts by Striker073 Add Striker073 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Dec-2004 at 00:46)
I agree with Striker.

Take my Kingdom for example.

We have no one in it that would make even a middlin' monarch.

So no potential growth of an alliance here. Our Kingdom is around mid-size for island... so I can only imagine that half the other Kingdoms, at least, would have as worse leadership vacuum as us.

Nope. Seems working from what you randomly get is a poor way to build a Genesis alliance. Mates in a "real" alliance(s) in the "real" game on WoL or BF would be a more fertile ground to root up leaders to run a serious (but why bother?) Genesis alliance.
View Public Profile Find more posts by etruscan Add etruscan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote