Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > Movie Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(13-Jun-2006 at 11:03)

[1979] Life of Brian

Genre: Comedy

Director: Terry Jones

Plot: Brian is born on the original Christmas, in the stable next door. He spends his life being mistaken for a messiah.

Actors:
Graham Chapman .... Wise Man #2/Brian Cohen/Biggus Dickus
John Cleese .... Wise Man #1/Reg/Jewish Official/Centurion/Deadly Dirk/Arthur
Terry Gilliam .... Man Even Further Forward/Revolutionary/Jailer/Blood & Thunder Prophet/Frank/Audience Member/Crucifee
Eric Idle .... Mr. Cheeky/Stan (Loretta)/Harry the Haggler/Culprit Woman/Warris/Intensely Dull Youth/Jailer's Assistant/Otto/Lead Singer Crucifee
Terry Jones .... Mandy Cohen/Colin/Simon the Holy Man/Bob Hoskins/Saintly Passer-by/Alarmed Crucifixion Assistant
Michael Palin .... Wise Man #3/Mr. Big Nose/Francis/Mrs. A/Ex-Leper/Announcer/Ben/Pontius Pilate/Boring Prophet/Eddie/Shoe Follower/Nisus Wettus
Terence Bayler .... Gregory
Carol Cleveland .... Mrs. Gregory
Kenneth Colley .... Jesus
Neil Innes .... A weedy Samaritan
Charles McKeown .... False Prophet/Blind Man/Giggling Guard/Stig
John Young .... Matthias, Son of Deuteronomy of Gath
Gwen Taylor .... Mrs. Big Nose
Sue Jones-Davies .... Judith
Peter Brett

IMDB link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079470/
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Jun-2006 at 01:06)

This movie is hilarious. It is better than the holy grail IMO and will really make you laugh. 9/10

Have a HooT
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lucan Add Lucan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jun-2006 at 17:47)

Yeah this movie is awesome! Very funny, stupid, but funny

9/10

2012 <--- GOOGLE BOMB IT.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sabbie Add Sabbie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jun-2006 at 20:32)
I like monty-python movies... 8/10. But I did like the Holy Grail better.
View Public Profile Find more posts by TiCkLe Add TiCkLe to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old lmc
(20-Jun-2006 at 21:13)

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy"

"How shall we fuck off, Master?"

Excellent. For what it is, perfect. 10/10

Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.

Groucho Marx
http://tangenitaldrunkeness.blogspot...ac22c48044bdd8
View Public Profile Visit lmc's homepage Find more posts by lmc Add lmc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jun-2006 at 21:19)

My favourite scene is where he leaves a sandal behind accidentally and all his 'followers' (which he tries to escape) have different interpretations of this 'sign'.

Great movie.
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.20
(22-Jun-2006 at 02:27)

Probably one of the best comedies Ive ever seen, and it IS abit better than the Holy grail IMO, although they both are awesome.

The best scene, without doubt, is in the beginning, when the judean people front or whatever they're called are sitting at the gladiator thingie..
First seeing the slave entering the arena, then immediatly running back to the gate, and you hear "But its dangerous out there", and then they throw him back.. And the way he wins later.. I laugh out loud even thinking about it!
Not to speak of later, in the same scene..

Quote:
Judith: [on Stan's desire to be a mother] Here! I've got an idea: Suppose you agree that he can't actually have babies, not having a womb - which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans' - but that he can have the *right* to have babies.
Francis: Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to have babies, brother... sister, sorry.
Reg: What's the *point*?
Francis: What?
Reg: What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies, when he can't have babies?
Francis: It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.
Reg: It's symbolic of his struggle against reality.

"If guns kill people...Can I blame mispelled words on my pencil?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mad Morgan Add Mad Morgan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as polopso)
(22-Jun-2006 at 06:51)

always look on the bright side of life,*whistle, whistle*lifes a piece of shit, when you look at it, lifes a laugh and thats the joke its true.

what a great song.
View Public Profile Find more posts by mallreeyyss Add mallreeyyss to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Jun-2006 at 09:47)

Don't forget the suicide attack to free Brian
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(22-Jun-2006 at 10:22)

I remember watching this for the first time and being disappointed, compared to the Holy Grail before it, it just didn't have the same effect. Very few moments that made me laugh out loud. That isn't to say it was bad, it was good, just not good enough. The Holy Grail was better.

6/10

........Why does the thin grey strand......Ah, you will understand;.......................I should find, for a reprimand
.......Floating up from the forgotten......When I carried my mother downstairs,.....To my gaiety, a few long grey hairs
......Cigarette between my fingers,......A few times only, at the beginning..........On the breast of my coat; and one by one
.....Why does it trouble me?.............Of her soft-foot malady,.......................I watched them float up the dark chimney.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Swifty Add Swifty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote