Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > Books Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average
Donated $9.31
(20-Jul-2007 at 01:50)

Peter F. Hamilton - The Commonwealth Saga (2004 - 2005)

Author:
  • Peter F. Hamilton

Books:
  • Pandora's Star (2004)
  • Judas Unchained (2005)

Genre:
  • Science Fiction

Introduction:
Quote:
It is AD 2380, and humanity has colonized over six hundred planets, all interlinked by wormholes. With Earth at it's centre, the Intersolar Commonwealth has grown into a quiet, wealthy society, where rejuvenation allows it's citizens ti live for centuries

When astronomer Dudley Bose observes a star over a thousand light-years away vanish, imprisoned inside a force field of immense size, the Commonwealth is anxious to discover what actually happened. As conventional wormholes can't reach that far, they must build the first faster-than-light starship. Captained by Wilson Kime, an ex-NASA astronaut a little too eager to relive his old glory days, the Second Chance sets off on it's historic voyage of discovery

But someone or something out there must have had a very good reason for sealing off an entire star system. And if the Second Chance does manage to find a way in, what might be let out?

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk

Last edited by Nimon, 20-Jul-2007 at 01:50.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $9.31
(20-Jul-2007 at 01:52)

This is one of my favourite series of all times. I've always been into science fiction, both in books, movies and in games, and this really is a great series. The way Hamilton describes (and invents) the technology of "tomorrow" is amazing. Everyone who is even slightly interested in sci-fi should read this.

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jul-2007 at 04:17)

man, this series is the shit... a fucking must-read

i was at the book store looking at fantasy books, and thought hmmm... fantasy is getting kinda boring might try sci fi... but i didnt know any good sci fi authors so i asked for assistance

the guy at the store recommended pandora's star... so i bought it, and i thought well thisll be ok, dunno about great though just thought it might be a bit nerdy, typical sci fi crap...

boy was i wrong... its an awesome book... its not nerdy sci fi, just set in the future, and as you said nimon the technology he makes up is brilliant... and there are all sorts of wide ranging themes within the book that i didnt expect in a nerdy sci fi book love, relationships, sex, to shit like the immorality of genocide... and hamilton even managed to cash in on the crime fiction craze with an investigation, forensics, etc.

great series, 10/10

Tax collectors are a valid military target - chobham
View Public Profile Find more posts by Spectre19 Add Spectre19 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote